Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Then we at least get the 600. 

Baby steps with these fools.

I could use that money.  It would still be a nice chunk...

Just now, Fergasun said:

Wait.  Not signing this also will result in a govt shutdown. 

Aww shucks, that's where I work. LOL.

They both passed with enough votes to over-ride a veto.  327-85 in the House and 92-6. 

Once again, Trump should have had Mnuchin strongly signal he would veto the bill.  Oh wait, neither Mnuchin nor Trump understand how to work with Congress for what they want.  

Trump also could have pushed out PR in June, July on a bill which may have helped him get elected.  I am glad that he is a political idiot.... 

• Like 2

Two things...

1) A cohesive, well-considered 6-9 month plan that included structured monthly/quarterly stimulus payments is something we could have easily done over the summer.  If we had the proper leadership in the Senate and the White House.  But we did not.

2). This instability and chaos we’re going through now is by design and Trump riding in to flash $2Gs on us for Christmas is a low-grade car salesman trick.  Ask me how I know.

Keep shopping, America...

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I don't expect to see that 2 grand but it does put Mitch & Co squarely in the crosshairs for trumpy angst and ire

Hilarious 

I will be very interested to see how Loefler and Purdue in Georgia respond to this.  More than half the reason Mitch did anything was to save their asses.  Now Trump put them right back in the hot seat.

• Like 3

Just now, Hersh said:

Why aren’t the Dems saying they would deliver this is they win the senate? Why hasn’t that been part of the message the last 3 weeks? 

Possibly because the Dems still wouldn't be able to pass anything against a filibuster?  

Just now, Larry said:

Possibly because the Dems still wouldn't be able to pass anything against a filibuster?  

Dare the GOP to filibuster that bill. They would fold and I bet Manchin would be okay with doing away with the filibuster for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Eventually it will be. I think they do have the votes to override. I don’t think his ask is crazy though... 

I thought I read on here that Trump asked for higher payments several times before now. I’m not sure what Stephen Denis is talking about....

Trump isn't supposed to "ask" for higher payments...he's the ****ing president. He's supposed to lead and govern and put in the hard work necessary months ago that lead to higher payments. The only way he knows how to govern is to make grand proclamations on twitter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Dare the GOP to filibuster that bill. They would fold and I bet Manchin would be okay with doing away with the filibuster for that. 

Except they don't actually filibuster any more.  

They kind of silently indicate their intention to filibuster.  Off the record.  And when they do, the Senate's option is to bring the bill to a vote, but it takes 60 votes to pass.  It gets 60, the filibuster that hasn't happened is overridden, and it passes.  It gets 59, and the bill "failed to pass".  

People will insist that Obamacare was never filibustered.  Ask them why it took 60 votes to pass, you get vague hand waving.  

Trump finally did something I honestly love. Wow. I didn’t think it was possible. 

imagine if that version of trump had been President the whole time.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ask me how I know.

That’s fine. But we are right now. And what we need right now is 2000 instead of 600, and removal of wasteful spending 

(although I’m inclined to think trump and I don’t exactly see eye to eye on what “wasteful spending” means)

Edited by tshile

Congress takes aim at climate change in massive relief bill

The huge pandemic relief and spending bill includes billions of dollars to promote clean energy such as wind and solar power while sharply reducing over time the use of potent coolants in air conditioners and refrigerators that are considered a major driver of global warming.

The energy and climate provisions, supported by lawmakers from both parties, were hailed as the most significant climate change law in at least a decade.

“Republicans and Democrats are working together to protect the environment through innovation,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.

“This historic agreement includes three separate pieces of legislation that will significantly reduce greenhouse gases,″ Barrasso said, citing measures that promote technologies to “capture” and store carbon dioxide produced by power and manufacturing plants; reduce diesel emissions in buses and other vehicles; and authorize a 15-year reduction of hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, that are used in everything from cars to air conditioners. HFCs are considered a major driver of global warming and are being targeted worldwide.

“All three of these measures will protect our air while keeping costs down for the American people,″ Barrasso said.

The sprawling legislation also extends tax credits for solar and wind power that are a key part of President-elect Joe Biden’s ambitious plan to generate 100 percent “clean electricity” by 2035.

Sen. Tom Carper of Delaware, the top Democrat on the environment panel, said the bill would cut pollution from school buses, air conditioners, refrigerators and more, while creating thousands of American jobs and helping “save our planet from the climate crisis.″

“Make no mistake,″ he said, the new legislation “will soon be some of the most significant climate solutions to pass out of Congress to date.″

The bill won praise across the political spectrum, as environmental groups and major business organizations hailed an agreement years in the making.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Trump also could have pushed out PR in June, July on a bill which may have helped him get elected.  I am glad that he is a political idiot.... 

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Trump isn't supposed to "ask" for higher payments...he's the ****ing president. He's supposed to lead and govern and put in the hard work necessary months ago that lead to higher payments. The only way he knows how to govern is to make grand proclamations on twitter.

eh... what?

this is him going after Mitch. 

he needed Mitch back then. Mitch didn’t deliver him a second term. Mitch recognized Biden as president. 

could Mitch have helped? No trump is a one man band and his challenge to the election was bull****

but it doesn’t matter. Mitch went against him. And now trump has pants’d Mitch in front of his entire party he supposedly runs. When control of the senate is up for grabs. He may have just cause McConnell his majority leader position. 

This is how petty people act.

he gets no credit for being presidential here

but I’ll absolutely take his petty bull**** cannon when it’s aimed that direction. 

we need this. He’s gone next month. Just make it happen. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4