Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@tshile

Than Amash, AOC and whomever rank and file

should have negotiated in July on something as a PR stunt and made a big press conference about it. 

Didn’t they?

im pretty sure since the last one ended the left has been railing against the right for either not doing something about it, or only proposing inadequate solutions. 

to the point where their stance right now is basically: this isn’t enough, but it’s better than nothing, and we need something, and in less than a month there’s a new President and they’re hopeful then they can do something better/more appropriate

in fact these are the same people that pushed for more the first time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We’ve wasted 4 months so that Pelosi can play politics. 👍

I guess the other hot take is that despite the leverage that winning the presidency lends, democrats squandered their opportunity to gain concessions from the republicans. This is like 2008 all over again.  Still waiting for y’all to turn on pelosi. She’s horrible.

Republicans got what they wanted sans the presidency and I’m not even sure most of them even wanted another trump presidency....

This is lazy analysis. 

they scoffed at it because it was inadequate. They still call it inadequate. But they want something between now and when Biden takes over. In fact part of the language they rejected and had removed was attempts by the GOP to handicap what Biden could do when he took over. 

And yeah. Most of them didn’t want trump. That’s why they signed on to letters and legal cases trying to overturn the election. That’s why Texas tried to sue another state. That’s why we’ve had so many protests and death threats against poll workers. 

because most republicans didn’t want Trump to win. 🤪

• Like 3

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

will give republicans credit for being able to spin. Somehow the person in this argument fighting for real support for Americans who need it is being blamed for playing politics when it's the republican's who ****ed around on this then played hardball until she finally had no choice. But yea, Pelosi is playing politics. 

This tactic brought to you by the people who spend their opportunities at governance making things worse if the other people are in power, so they can say “look how bad things are under them”

this is the party of

”the tax cut will pay for itself”

“We won’t let your cut expire even though we passed it with language saying it will expire”

”wearing a mask is a violation of my rights”

”the virus is a hoax”

”trump is a good President”

my favorite of the year?

”the cure is worse than the disease” (covid vs all the restrictions/aid)

they fell for the birth certificate hoax. Pizzagate. They mention George soros every chance they get. Here are fake news networks that exist because these people will give them clicks and ratings. 

Remember when Fox News railed against common core? That’s how these people think. These Republican voters. 

the left has its share of dumb. 

the right fosters dumb. They cultivate it. And they’ve weaponized it. 

these people are dumb. Being political correct and polite and mature, only allows them to continue. 

we need to start calling them out for what they are. Dumb. All of this is public info. They choose to believe and subscribe to stupidity. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is the party of

”the tax cut will pay for itself”

“We won’t let your cut expire even though we passed it with language saying it will expire”

”wearing a mask is a violation of my rights”

”the virus is a hoax”

”trump is a good President”

"Trickle down economics has been proven to work."  

"We oppose the federal deficit."

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

This is lazy analysis. 

they scoffed at it because it was inadequate. They still call it inadequate. But they want something between now and when Biden takes over. In fact part of the language they rejected and had removed was attempts by the GOP to handicap what Biden could do when he took over. 

if this is all they could get, basically what the GOP agreed to in July, wouldn’t it make sense to pass it back then assuming your main goals were remotely altruistic???

Then we could be talking about a 3rd round now.  The obstruction isn’t  coming from Trump. He is willing to sign basically anything. It’s the GOP senate. That’s not going to change between now and when Biden gets elected so I’m not sure why you think things are going to change when he becomes president.

If you can’t admit Pelosi blundered this you have a serious problem. 

And yeah. Most of them didn’t want trump. That’s why they signed on to letters and legal cases trying to overturn the election. That’s why Texas tried to sue another state. That’s why we’ve had so many protests and death threats against poll workers. 

They didn’t do any of that because they wanted trump as their president. They did that because they want to appease trump nation. And they did it so they could send fundraising emails to droves of idiots insisting they “defend the election” by departing with their money. It was about fundraising.

If they wanted to help him, they would have caved to the democrats and got a bill to his desk. He was ready to sign ANYTHING he could take credit for.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The obstruction isn’t  coming from Trump. He is willing to sign basically anything.

You're talking about the person who is threatening to veto funding for our entire military unless he gets permission to punish Twitter for correctly pointing out that every word out of his mouth is a lie?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m seeing stimulus up to $2400 per household, extended UI, $15B to save concert halls and an extension on the eviction moratorium.  These are very important things that matter to a lot of people.

Im also seeing a bunch of Bernie Bros and MagaKlan trash tossing their own salads about how Dems dropped the ball.

Get in where you fit in.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

if this is all they could get, basically what the GOP agreed to in July, wouldn’t it make sense to pass it back then assuming your main goals were remotely altruistic???

Then we could be talking about a 3rd round now.  The obstruction isn’t  coming from Trump. He is willing to sign basically anything. It’s the GOP senate. That’s not going to change between now and when Biden gets elected so I’m not sure why you think things are going to change when he becomes president.

If you can’t admit Pelosi blundered this you have a serious problem. 

They didn’t do any of that because they wanted trump as their president. They did that because they want to appease trump nation. And they did it so they could send fundraising emails to droves of idiots insisting they “defend the election” by departing with their money. It was about fundraising.

If they wanted to help him, they would have caved to the democrats and got a bill to his desk. He was ready to sign ANYTHING he could take credit for.

Your critical thinking skills are non existent and it doesn’t appear you actually follow what’s going on either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m seeing stimulus up to $2400 per household, extended UI, $15B to save concert halls and an extension on the eviction moratorium.  These are very important things that matter to a lot of people.

Im also seeing a bunch of Bernie Bros and MagaKlan trash tossing their own salads about how Dems dropped the ball.

Get in where you fit in.

yeah. It’s something which is better than nothing. 

I was and am still in favor of monthly checks to people until this is over. We can argue over how much the payments should be, how we should decide who gets them, and what the metric is for “when this is over”. That’s fine. But anything short of starting there is wholly inadequate. 

(I would say everyone because we need consumer spending to drive the economy and that arguments about what’s “fair” tend to be short sighted and biased instead of objective and reasonable, and also that people who save their moral hazard arguments for when we’re trying to get out of a crisis are disingenuous , and that’s being very polite about them)

there is no doubt that what we are doing is significantly more costly (in terms of dollars, people, and long term economic damage) than what I said above which was thrown out there in March by many reputable economists. 

an unfortunate downside of democracy. Stupid people can get in the way too easily. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Your critical thinking skills are non existent and it doesn’t appear you actually follow what’s going on either. 

Sure, it’s just that the evidence points to the fact that pelosi is ineffective and weak. She could have gotten this 6 months ago but chose not too.  Pretending that she did it for reasons other then politics isn’t using your critical thinking skills either. BOTH SIDES!

Again, while Democrats were fighting for additional stimulus money for the general public and additional unemployment dollars, the Republicans were fighting for 3 martini lunch deductions and limiting the emergency powers of the Fed. 

So yeah, it's Pelosi's fault. 🙄

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

You're talking about the person who is threatening to veto funding for our entire military unless he gets permission to punish Twitter for correctly pointing out that every word out of his mouth is a lie?  

It’s December. I’m trying not to take anything he says too seriously. Little more than 20 days to go 👍 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

yeah. It’s something which is better than nothing. 

I was and am still in favor of monthly checks to people until this is over. We can argue over how much the payments should be, how we should decide who gets them, and what the metric is for “when this is over”. That’s fine. But anything short of starting there is wholly inadequate. 

(I would say everyone because we need consumer spending to drive the economy and that arguments about what’s “fair” tend to be short sighted and biased instead of objective and reasonable, and also that people who save their moral hazard arguments for when we’re trying to get out of a crisis are disingenuous , and that’s being very polite about them)

there is no doubt that what we are doing is significantly more costly (in terms of dollars, people, and long term economic damage) than what I said above which was thrown out there in March by many reputable economists. 

an unfortunate downside of democracy. Stupid people can get in the way too easily. 

No doubt that a cohesive 6-12 month plan built around virus containment and monthly stimulus would’ve been a much better approach.  Unfortunately, we simply didn’t have the leadership in place in the White House and Senate to accomplish such a thing.

Perhaps 2021 will bring a change for the better.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sure, it’s just that the evidence points to the fact that pelosi is ineffective and weak. She could have gotten this 6 months ago but chose not too.  Pretending that she did it for reasons other then politics isn’t using your critical thinking skills either. BOTH SIDES!

This is such dumb that it’s not worth responding but I’ll give it one more go. 

the original proposal from the republicans limited expansion of aid programs. And along the way they tried to also block the fed from doing their own. To my knowledge these have been removed. 

also since then we’ve elected a new president. 

also since then we’ve hit a new way significant worse than the first. And that happened within the past few weeks. 

the Dems held out as long as they could and adjusted to changing circumstances. 

I have and will continue to criticize the Dems for not being more effective in how they wield their power. Specifically as to how it’s relates to  how the GOP effectively wields its power. 

but no, I will not ignore changing circumstances. 

With all that said your immediate move was to criticize the Dems is some combination of:

not agreeing to an inadequate bill earlier

not adjust to changing circumstances 

not holding out for the gop to change their tune

The common theme with you since you started posting in covid and politics threads is that you’re very uninformed, very unwilling to learn, incredibly biased, and have a lack of critical thinking skills as an adult that makes me very proud of my 5 year old son. 

You also appear to be a glutton for punishment because you keep coming back for more of it. Handfuls of posters have taken you to task over the last 10 months for your opinions and ideas. 

and here you are again. 

“most republicans didnt want trump to win”

😂

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

🍻 to that

we need it. Badly. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf politically, accepting a bad deal pre election would do nothing but help Trump. Not saying that was the reason that it wasn't accepted (if it was truly offered to Pelosi), but I would agree with her telling them to **** off. The country couldn't have survived another 4 years with him in office.

It also caves and sets a precedent which would have been further damaging had Trump won. 

this notion that one shouldn’t adjust as things change is born from stupidity. It’s right up there with forming an opinion first and looking for facts later. 

A big problem the republicans have is that their arguments categorically suck. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have and will continue to criticize the Dems for not being more effective in how they wield their power. Specifically as to how it’s relates to  how the GOP effectively wields its power. 

Guess who has been leading the charge against the GOP for the democrats all these years?  

but no, I will not ignore changing circumstances. 

I understand, the circumstances changed. But the bill didn’t. It would seem if it is clear there is more need AND your president won, you’d get more of what you want. Right? I mean, unless you have horrible leadership.

With all that said your immediate move was to criticize the Dems is some combination of:

not agreeing to an inadequate bill earlier

not adjust to changing circumstances 

not holding out for the gop to change their tune

Yes, because they had so much working in their favor. If this was what they were willing to pass why not just pass it in July and then gear up for a new round now? 

😂

Republican leadership. Not republicans.

Usually you can at least back off on criticizing someone with that level of lacking information because not everyone has the ability to dig up, follow, and understand it all

but it’s all been posted in this thread. Where you have participated regularly for months. 

and people have taken their time to have direct, personal conversations with you about it. 

there only so many explanations for why you think what you think. I don’t think you’ll like any of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

We’ve spent a ton of resources fighting survival of the fittest. Mostly for what we think are moral reasons. 

there is an obvious downside. People don’t want to talk about it. It’s understandable. But that doesn’t make the problem go away. Certainly doesn’t fix or help it.

been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding

Wanna read some interesting science minutia along those lines: look up Calhoun Mouse Utopia (if I recall it was done in the 50's and 60's...maybe early 70's).  In particular, look at the results for "Universe 25".

The experiment has a tendency to be over-interpreted, so be careful with what you choose to read.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

😂

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Republican leadership. Not republicans.

Pretty sure "Republican leadership" voted near unanimously that they were cool with a POTUS diverting government funds, so that he could personally ask a foreign government for campaign contributions, in fron of dozens of witnesses and while being recorded.  

Guess they must really hate Pence.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No doubt that a cohesive 6-12 month plan built around virus containment and monthly stimulus would’ve been a much better approach.  Unfortunately, we simply didn’t have the leadership in place in the White House and Senate to accomplish such a thing.

Don't include the House in this. They passed numerous bills that would have been better for actual humans than the corporate driven offers put by the Republican controlled Senate. Blame it on the Republicans.