Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Canada

Yeah, the guy doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. Maybe he's mistaken or something.

Further. We are the richest country in the world and have no national health care. **** what any other country is doing. We got money to spend.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 3

If you plot a country’s wealth against economic policy we wind up on the wrong end of the graph from where we want to be. 

It was a no brainer to send everyone a check every month.  Even my dumb ass was capable of seeing that. 

we’re a consumption economy. Give the bottom 80-90% a check and they will spend it. And significantly lessen the economic blow. 

and you know what the ripple effect of that is?

it helps keep crime down. It keeps drug addiction down. It keeps businesses from going out of business quicker. It helps landlords. Utility companies. Banks. Car manufactures. It protects the real estate market. 

it keeps anger down. Anger against the government. Anger against each other. 

and when you add it all up, it’ll net out costing less than this pathetic display of whatever the **** it is we’ve been doing for 10 months. 

people are willing to put up with a lot of things if they think their livelihood is being protected. 

and people are willing to do a lot of things if they think their livelihood has been taken from them unfairly. 

we’re the richest county in the world with economic policies driving it that align with being stupid. 

and then they didn’t even do their plan right. Non citizens getting money. People being denied that shouldn’t. Countless companies receiving money they didn’t need, and sitting on it. 

So dumb. So so dumb. 

“the cure is worse than the disease”

uninformed people that think they’re smart are what’s worse than the disease. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is Congress gone or can they just override this bull**** and move on.  Or can they? Is refusing to sign the same as a veto? 

looked it up he has 10 days to sign or it’s considered a veto. 

Edited by HOF44

2 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Is Congress gone or can they just override this bull**** and move on.  Or can they? Is refusing to sign the same as a veto? 

Eventually it will be. I think they do have the votes to override. I don’t think his ask is crazy though... 

I thought I read on here that Trump asked for higher payments several times before now. I’m not sure what Stephen Denis is talking about....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Eventually it will be. I think they do have the votes to override. I don’t think his ask is crazy though...

Right. But unless Pelosi and Trump make a deal to go around Mitch and pick off a few Republicans, what Trump says he wants isn't happening.

Edited by visionary

O...

M....

G.... 

hahahahabahahabaa

can't tell if this is idiotic or genius. 

Welp, we are getting a Biden bill and Trump plays the Grinch.  

If they don't adjust the phase out, it is nothing for me -- because they didn't adjust the phase out, I may benefit from a re-written bill? 

I certainly will be pissed if its $2k per person and I get $0 because of once-in-a-life events that impacted my AGI... 

I think the stimulus payments amount to $166B?  He wants $500B....