Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honestly I agree with them.  Landlords have bills too.  Government wants to keep them from being evicted then they should be paying their rent for them.

Agreed to a certain extent. They need to have the moratorium but then give the landlords access to federal funds that the tenants have to repay the government. Or make it a straight loan to the tenants. That way both are OK during the pandemic. So it's basically a loan for the tenants. Could keep it very low interest with long term repayment plans. 

Honestly had they jsut put in a $1000/mo or $1200/mo UBI many probably could have made it without a moratorium. 

• goskins10 changed the title to Update - 12/20/20 - Deal reached - $600 Stimulus Checks, $300 added UI, PPP, Vaccine $ and $ for schools.
13 minutes ago, visionary said:

Actually, the Republicans are committed to this.  

Blocking it.  

The demands that they're making, like insisting "and the Fed can't help the economy, either!", make it plain.  They're not hiding it.  

Edited by Larry

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’ll take it too but it’s a joke. Dems don’t deserve to win politically because they never fight tough or smart. They are rolled every time they get into a confrontation against congressional republicans 

it’s why there is no hope for this country. 

In this one case, I'm willing to consider it a stop-gap measure to help people now until actual human beings (or as reasonable an alternative as you can find in politics) take over in a month.

Seems like a reasonable deal to me. I don’t know why Virginians would want to bail out California. I think instead of a blanket 600 they could have been a little more selective... but that gets messy.

so, the main things the democrats didn’t get was a full 1200 per person and a slush fund for states who have a history of being poorly managed. They do get extended unemployment benefits, additional small business support, selective support for states in terms of schools and vaccine distribution, as well as a smaller direct payment to people.

this seems like a fair compromise. 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Seems like a reasonable deal to me. I don’t know why Virginians would want to bail out California. I think instead of a blanket 600 they could have been a little more selective... but that gets messy.

so, the main things the democrats didn’t get was a full 1200 per person and a slush fund for states who have a history of being poorly managed.

It's the blue states that fund the red ones.....

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Is that like Richmond bailing out Northern Virginia when NoVA sends all of its tax money to Richmond and then proceeds to spend most of it on highways in rural Virginia that don't need it while traffic continues to get worse in NoVA?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Is that like Richmond bailing out Northern Virginia when NoVA sends all of its tax money to Richmond and then proceeds to spend most of it on highways in rural Virginia that don't need it while traffic continues to get worse in NoVA?

sort of.  Both would be a symptom of poor fiscal management 👍 

Also, receiving more federal dollars isn’t a sign of poor leadership. It’s a sign of good leadership actually.  

I would expect California to get more tax dollars back than they send because I think we all can agree they could use it more. The fact that their leaders are unable to obtain those federal dollars says a lot. And nothing good.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I would expect California to get more tax dollars back than they send because I think we all can agree they could use it more. The fact that their leaders are unable to obtain those federal dollars says a lot. And nothing good.

Does it say that Donald Trump hates California for not voting for him, and by extension the Republican Senate hates them because they're sycophants that will do anything Trump tells them to do?