Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I guess one difference would be we don’t have any standards by which covid will be judged. Like what winds up being reasonable and not.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I believe that basically every state has developed a standard for providing a safe workplace environment.  Here is Virginia's:  https://www.doli.virginia.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/RIS-filed-RTD-Final-ETS-7.24.2020.pdf

Tom Cruise don’t need your ****ing liability protection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

With all things there has to be some middle ground. Employees should not be forced to work in unsafe environments.  But employers that do all they can should he protected from frivolous lawsuits.  

I do not know what exactly the republicans want to be honest.  Will try to see if I can find it.  If someone else does please post.  In fairness what they want may be reasonable. I doubt it but it’s possible.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

With all things there has to be some middle ground. Employees should not be forced to work in unsafe environments.  But employers that do all they can should he protected from frivolous lawsuits.  

I do not know what exactly the republicans want to be honest.  Will try to see if I can find it.  If someone else does please post.  In fairness what they want may be reasonable. I doubt it but it’s possible.  

Yep. People should not become millionaires because they got hot coffee spilled on them (I realize there was actually more to that infamous McDonald's suit), but they should be able to be made whole if they suffer food poisoning because of poor food storage.

• Like 4

**** Joe Manchin bigly. Terrible last name btw man chin. 🙄

I have no problem with business protections, extending UI, even pumping trillions into wall street and the corporate sector, ect. At least put some more money directly into the hands of the people that need it most.

Also I'm siding with Maverick on this one. Fire all these non compliant mother****ers.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I mean if we have to pay down the debt, would it make sense to raise taxes?  At least not cut them?  Cause apparently the national debt means something again?

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

What a novel idea! 

Try getting elected telling people the truth; that in order not to go bankrupt   (a) taxes are going to have to go up and (b) we are going to have to take a serious look at spending to bring it down.  Not likely you'll get many votes.

comforting lie cartoon.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Mitch McConnell gives away the game: ‘Kelly and David are getting hammered’

Pressure works. That’s what we’re learning from the news that congressional negotiators are moving toward a deal on an economic rescue package that includes stimulus checks for individuals.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has now suggested on a private conference call with GOP senators that a key reason for this movement is that the two Georgia Republican senators, both of whom face runoffs in January, are “getting hammered” over Congress’ failure to pass a new rescue bill.

But this news doesn’t just tell us that Republicans are feeling heat from this failure. The likelihood that this played a key role in moving Republicans also underscores how unlikely they are to help the economy and the country next year, if they do retain control of the Senate.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

This reminds me of the gun debates after Parkland. I remember Trump saying that we should take the guns away from criminals/mentally ill and THEN decide if they should have them thru the court system. Feinstein loved the idea, but the GOP surrounding him quickly put a stop to it.

17 minutes ago, clietas said:

Damn I gotta agree with Trump. If this last well into 2021 $1800 , basically $100 a month, aint gonna cut it. 

As much as I hate the guy and you know he is doing to save face - he is right. There needs to be more money. In fact there should have been something like $1000/mo for everyone for up to 2 yrs. They could do that as a blanket plan and make it simple. Add small business loans and you would be done. I bet in the end it would even cost less and keep government revenues up. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

As much as I hate the guy and you know he is doing to save face - he is right. There needs to be more money. In fact there should have been something like $1000/mo for everyone for up to 2 yrs. They could do that as a blanket plan and make it simple. Add small business loans and you would be done. I bet in the end it would even cost less and keep government revenues up. 

1). We're in a crippling economic situation. 
2). 70% of GDP is based on consumer spending. 
3). And the government can borrow money, for 10 year fixed interest of like 0.9%. 

Throwing money at people to keep them spending ought to be a no brainer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Larry said:

1). We're in a crippling economic situation. 
2). 70% of GDP is based on consumer spending. 
3). And the government can borrow money, for 10 year fixed interest of like 0.9%. 

Throwing money at people to keep them spending ought to be a no brainer. 

While I agree with everything you said, I worry that this RELIEF will not amount to anything remotely close to "stimulus" because folks are going to use it to catch up on the many, many things that they're behind on. (Forget Christmas toys, the electricity is about to get cut off, etc.) 

That's why I agree the RELIEF should be much larger. It's only "stimulus" if it's disposable, and that is not where we are right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well, score one for Trump.

600 bucks is barely even worth the postage it's going to use to send it. A slap in the face. It's pennies in the face of what people need, and another gigantic indicator of how out of touch and apathetic the entirety of the government is. NONE of them live like most of us. Many of them have no idea what people are actually going through because they have no experience with it at all.

**** negotiations. Some people need that negotiating power to save the roof over their heads and put food on the table.

~Bang

• Like 4