Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Pelosi plays the same political game as Trump and McConnell. Pelosi and McConnell are two sides of the same coin. I hope the dems get rid of her asap.

That is absolute utter bull****. She is no saint but to lump her with the ****ing POS in KY is total garbage. SHE passed a stimulus bill back in ****ing MAY!!!!  McConnell would not even consider it until much of the first stimulus was running out and then all he was worried about was protecting companies from being liable for screwing employees over using the pandemic for an excuse. She then came down from a $5.1T stimulus, much of which was needed, and BTW had they passed it might have kept bunker boy in office, to $2,4T but the Senate would never pass anything more than the $900B package that has no protections for actual workers. Nothing for states, no 2nd stimulus checks, a meager $100/month unemployment add on. Even bunker boy was ready to do more than that but McConnell would not even negotiate!!!  Blamed it on everyone but the person responsible - HIM!

What she said makes perfect sense - she and the dems in congress were the only thing standing in the way of bunker boy and the senate from ****ing them over. She was trying to fight for workers. She was trying to fight for people who lost their jobs and are were losing their apartments. With an incoming Dem president she can get more done.

I am so sick people of the right pulling this kindergarten "they do it too!" bull****!!  No ****ing way is Pelosi anywhere near the danger to our constitution and our very way of life that the POS McConnell is. In many ways he is much worse than bunker boy who is too self centered to get much done. That's why we in GA need to do everything we can to elect the two Dems for Senate here - to get the satan dressed like a turtle out of the Senate Majority position and get someone who cares about people.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That is absolute utter bull****. She is no saint but to lump her with the ****ing POS in KY is total garbage. SHE passed a stimulus bill back in ****ing MAY!!!! 

that she knew had zero chance.  Now she wasted time a pot bill. Then she flip flops on a large stimulus bill like a mirror. Give me a break...

Not to derail the topic much more but this is a topic form Beau that is only needed due to Mitch McConnell abusing his position of Senate Majority leader. He advocates two things: 

1. If one house passes a bill the other one has to vote on it within a specified amount of time. 

2. All the back door negotiations between Dems and Reps must be recorded and televised. 

#2 I could take or leave but #1 is absolutely critical!!  That POS McConnell has sat on all kinds of bills and refused to even bring them to a vote at all. 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

that she knew had zero chance.  Now she wasted time a pot bill. Then she flip flops on a large stimulus bill like a mirror. Give me a break...

That is again total bull****. Let's start with those are totally false equivalents. As for the stimulus itself since that's the topic of this thread, she was ready to pass these bills and passed them! Sat on McConnells desk for months! She negotiated in good faith once they finally took it up in the Senate some to 4 months later, from $5.1T down to $2.4T!!! But the Republicans demands were ridiculous and she knew she had to stand firm as again she and the Dems were all that was standing in the away of the republicans ficking them over. 

She did change positions because the circumstances changed. She can work better with Biden and will be able to get the other things she needs later if needed. It's called rational logic - something missing from the WH for the last 4 yrs and the Reps for much longer than that. 

Your attempt to rationalize the ignorance of McConnell by this "they do it too" is a false equivalent in terms of his overall impact and assault on our democracy and as i said to start it's bull****.   

I will not derail this thread anymore with this topic. Done here.

32 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

1. If one house passes a bill the other one has to vote on it within a specified amount of time. 

This sounds great without thinking about it too much.  But wouldn’t one house still tie things up with just a different strategy?  Pass hundreds of random crap bills every day to tie up their calendar.  Make them waste time on random bull**** that now must be voted on to keep them too busy to do actual work?

If only we could find a way to vote in decent people who actually want to do the job they were elected to do.

• Thanks 1

The problem with the way the system is setup is that McConnell can just refuse to even allow bills that the House passes to come to the Senate floor for a vote.  It would be one thing if McConnell said "Ok, let's vote" and the Senate votes it down, because at least that puts it on public record who voted for and against it, and their constituencies can react accordingly, but right now the House can pass whatever they want and McConnell can just have it rot on his desk and then claim the House is not doing anything. 

If you don't like the bill the House passed, vote it down and explain why it is you voted that way. Be accountable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I disagree with the idea that action from the House be acted on by the Senate.  Its plainly clear that McConnell has been running the Senate for 10 years and the GOP has been in lockstep behind him.  I don't know if it is because they are a bunch of bootlickers, but the Senate had been more than a place to rubberstamp majority rule.  

It is a shame really... maybe I am romanticizing John Maverick McCain... but we need more of those types of Senators willing to cross the aisle. 

I say this as I am aware there is a bipartisan group of Senators working on a bill.  The problem is that the Dems should do a bill thru January 21... and then more when Biden comes to office.  Why should they negotoiate with a lame duck President?  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This sounds great without thinking about it too much.  But wouldn’t one house still tie things up with just a different strategy?  Pass hundreds of random crap bills every day to tie up their calendar.  Make them waste time on random bull**** that now must be voted on to keep them too busy to do actual work?

If only we could find a way to vote in decent people who actually want to do the job they were elected to do.

You would have to put some boundaries around it I guess. But there has to be a better way than the current method of one person can hold up everything without even a vote. Maybe each house gets to define the ones that have to be voted on with some kind of limit. So if you want to use your mandatory votes up with garbage legislation so be it. But once you run out that's it. 

I agree of course that the best solution is to vote better people in but they do not seem to be running. 

Just pointing out, one person isn't holding everything up.  

Mitch is blocking votes, on things which the Republican members of the Senate don't want to go on record, voting on.  He's protecting Sanate Republicans from being forced to choose between voting against the Trump Mob, or voting against the country.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, one person isn't holding everything up.  

Mitch is blocking votes, on things which the Republican members of the Senate don't want to go on record, voting on.  He's protecting Sanate Republicans from being forced to choose between voting against the Trump Mob, or voting against the country.  

You're talking about getting them passed. I am talking about getting them to a vote. I get they will probably vote them down, but in terms of getting the bills to a vote to make those senators go on record there is indeed one person keeping them from the vote.  So yes one person is holding up our governmental progress and not even letting these bills get to the floor for a vote.   

BTW - There are some bi-partisan bills that would pass that he and bunker boy don't want that he is not letting get to a vote. 

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You're talking about getting them passed. I am talking about getting them to a vote. I get they will probably vote them down, but in terms of getting the bills to a vote to make those senators go on record there is indeed one person keeping them from the vote.  So yes one person is holding up our governmental progress and not even letting these bills get to the floor for a vote.   

BTW - There are some bi-partisan bills that would pass that he and bunker boy don't want that he is not letting get to a vote. 

No, I'm talking about bills that the R's don't want to vote on.  

Granted, I'm talking about bills that I imagine they don't want to vote on.  

For example, as I understand it, 92% of US voters want to end the "gun show loophole".  But I'm absolutely certain that Mitch has numerous Senators begging him "please don't make us decide whether to vote against 92% of the American voters, or vote against the NRA".  They'd much prefer that it doesn't get voted on at all.  

This stimulus bill may well be another.  I have no trouble at all imagining that a whole lot of Republican Senators are just fine with not having to go on record voting to withhold any stimulus from people, (and right before the GA runoffs), or voting against the Party Line.  They'd much rather it not come to a vote at all, than vote against it.  

And, as I understand it, a bill can be brought to the floor either by Mitch, or by a majority of Republican Senators overriding him.  

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, I'm talking about bills that the R's don't want to vote on.  

Granted, I'm talking about bills that I imagine they don't want to vote on.  

For example, as I understand it, 92% of US voters want to end the "gun show loophole".  But I'm absolutely certain that Mitch has numerous Senators begging him "please don't make us decide whether to vote against 92% of the American voters, or vote against the NRA".  They'd much prefer that it doesn't get voted on at all.  

This stimulus bill may well be another.  I have no trouble at all imagining that a whole lot of Republican Senators are just fine with not having to go on record voting to withhold any stimulus from people, (and right before the GA runoffs), or voting against the Party Line.  They'd much rather it not come to a vote at all, than vote against it.  

And, as I understand it, a bill can be brought to the floor either by Mitch, or by a majority of Republican Senators overriding him.  

I am not sure what you point you are trying to make here or why its important. Mitch McConnell decides what gets to the Senate floor, period. He and he alone. In theory the senate could vote him out but that is extreme - and over a bill not getting to the floor? In the end Mitch decides so the bill are not making floor for a vote because he doesn't want them to. 

If you are trying to say in the background they are whispering in his ear - don't put it to a vote. Probably, but it's still HIS call to make. He decides what gets to the floor. He could ignore them all and put  it to a vote.

In Blue States and Red, Pandemic Upends Public Services and Jobs

The coronavirus pandemic has inflicted an economic battering on state and local governments, shrinking tax receipts by hundreds of billions of dollars. Now devastating budget cuts loom, threatening to cripple public services and pare work forces far beyond the 1.3 million jobs lost in eight months.

Governors, mayors and county executives have pleaded for federal aid before the end of the year. Congressional Republicans have scorned such assistance, with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, calling it a “blue-state bailout.”

But it turns out this budget crisis is colorblind. Six of the seven states that are expected to suffer the biggest revenue declines over the next two years are red — states led by Republican governors and won by President Trump this year, according to a report from Moody’s Analytics.

Click on the link for the full article

‘Americans need help and they need it now’: Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KXAN) — On Saturday, President-elect Joe Biden called out congress and President Trump as deadlines for millions of Americans facing financial hardships loom.

Biden took to Twitter to urge Washington lawmakers to pass some sort of relief package, saying:

A $4.5 billion Trump food program is running out of money early, leaving families hungry and food assistance charities scrambling

Only weeks before the holidays, a $4.5 billion food program that has kept millions of Americans fed through the pandemic is running out of money.

The Farmers to Families Food Box program, a staple of food lines across America, was launched by the Trump administration in May to support struggling farmers and feed jobless Americans battered by the pandemic. It was supposed to provide food support through the end of the year. But because of soaring demand and a shortage of federal money, it is ending a month early in many regions of the country, leaving tens of thousands of families without a critical supply of food.

Anti-hunger experts warned that several other federal food programs are also set to expire, causing food banks across the country to lose about 50 percent of the food they receive from the Agriculture Department, even as food banks report an average 60 percent increase in need.

The program has gone through four rounds of funding since it began this spring: $1.2 billion in contracts were awarded in the first round, $1.76 billion in the second, and $1 billion in the third. The fourth round was cut to $500 million. The USDA, in a statement, acknowledged that the amount of funding in that last round, which covered November and December, “resulted in some non-profits being unable to participate and fewer box deliveries.”

But the USDA added that many nonprofit organizations chose to receive the boxes at a higher rate earlier in the program with the understanding that this would deplete supplies for the last two months of the year. But multiple nonprofit organizations interviewed by The Washington Post said they were not apprised of the limited food resources for this round.

“The needs are beyond what we can comprehend,” said Lawdia Kennedy, who oversees a biweekly food drive in suburban Atlanta. “We had three truckloads scheduled for Saturday and they just vanished. Six states are right now being told there will be no food, right before Christmas. It’s hard to put into words what this means for the families I serve.”

• Sad 3