Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

34 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

They said $2k, they campaigned on it and got elected on it, now time to pay up! This is why I hate having to tie my wagon to corporate, centrists, Democrats. As someone else put it, they're negotiating down...with themselves!

Everyone knew they were talking about $2000 total. So not they are not negotiating down. But I guess you could tie your wagon to the Rep who had to be strong armed into $600 - total. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

They ran on $2k when the GOP was giving $600.  Since the $600 was sent out, they are now going to add the difference to it.  They didn’t run on $2k IN ADDITION TO the $600.  This whining is crap.

Corporate Democrats?  Sheesh.

C'mon! You think they CAN'T give out the 2k they promised? They won't, because now they don't have to, they got what they wanted. There is a reason why Wall Street had no problem with Biden becoming president, they knew he won't rock the boat or cause them any damage.

“One of the first things that I want to do when our new senators are seated is deliver the $2,000 checks to the American families,” Schumer, who will become majority leader, said Wednesday.

Late Tuesday, Democrat Raphael Warnock was declared the winner of his race and an announcement for Jon Ossoff followed the next day.

“If you send Jon and the Reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door,” Biden promised Monday in Atlanta. “And if you send Sens. Perdue and [Kelly] Loeffler back to Washington, those checks will never get there. It’s just that simple. The power is literally in your hands.”

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/stimulus-checks-with-democrats-in-control-when-could-we-get-2000-direct-payments/

How silly of me to expect a presidential candidate to fulfill the promise that helped get him elected.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

C'mon! You think they CAN'T give out the 2k they promised?

They are giving out the 2K they promised.  

And by the way, Obama never promised that he would forbid your employer from changing insurance plans, and that your insurance company would keep 100% of all networks.  He promised that his law would not force you to change Doctors.  And it didn't.  

Edited by Larry

• goskins10 changed the title to Stimulus Update - 1/16/20 - Biden CASH Proposal for Covid Relief
9 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

C'mon! You think they CAN'T give out the 2k they promised? They won't, because now they don't have to, they got what they wanted. There is a reason why Wall Street had no problem with Biden becoming president, they knew he won't rock the boat or cause them any damage.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/stimulus-checks-with-democrats-in-control-when-could-we-get-2000-direct-payments/

How silly of me to expect a presidential candidate to fulfill the promise that helped get him elected.

You know they meant $2000 total - not an additional $2000. You can continue to be pissed and complain but it's on you not them. 

I can't believe people are about to get $1400, more if they have dependents (BTW: this plan includes all dependents not just kids under 17) they were never getting if the Rep won and still finding a reason to complain. We deserve what we get. 

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

They are giving out the 2K they promised.  

And by the way, Obama never promised that he would forbid your employer from changing insurance plans, and that your insurance company would keep 100% of all networks.  He promised that his law would not force you to change Doctors.  And it didn't.  

What does this have to do with stimulus checks? I didn't like how Obama handled that either.

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You know they meant $2000 total - not an additional $2000. You can continue to be pissed and complain but it's on you not them. 

I can't believe people are about to get $1400, more if they have dependents (BTW: this plan includes all dependents not just kids under 17) they were never getting if the Rep won and still finding a reason to complain. We deserve what we get. 

I don't think its that complicated, its about what he ran on and promised. Democrats didn't campaign on $2000 dollars minus $600 or $1400 or $2000 with an asterisk, they campaigned on $2000. I said this before the election and I stick by it: the Dems fold on things when they don't have to fold. I know Biden will be tepid at best, but this is a testament of things to come. I voted for Biden and would do it a thousand times over Trump, Biden will do good things...but this is what happens when you cast a wide net as a party. You have to push forward the most inoffensive, lukewarm candidate that can appeal to "everyone", we settled. 

The Dems now have the WH, House and Senate. I doubt they'll do anything significant with it, but I hope to be wrong.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

What does this have to do with stimulus checks? I didn't like how Obama handled that either.

I don't think its that complicated, its about what he ran on and promised. Democrats didn't campaign on $2000 dollars minus $600 or $1400 or $2000 with an asterisk, they campaigned on $2000. I said this before the election and I stick by it: the Dems fold on things when they don't have to fold. I know Biden will be tepid at best, but this is a testament of things to come. I voted for Biden and would do it a thousand times over Trump, Biden will do good things...but this is what happens when you cast a wide net as a party. You have to push forward the most inoffensive, lukewarm candidate that can appeal to "everyone", we settled. 

The Dems now have the WH, House and Senate. I doubt they'll do anything significant with it, but I hope to be wrong.

It's not that complicated - $1400 + $600 IS $2000. I am done here. Carry on. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Another example of people trying to scream in mock outrage that "That politician LIED!!!!", by lying about what the politician said.  

Yeah, how dare me! Expecting a politician to stick to his word. Some of you seem to think that I'm just finding out about this and that is why I'm disappointed. No, just no.

You can call it whatever you want, a lie, deception, misunderstanding, either way its not a good look to start your presidency. Why even leave room for the people to be upset? Just give them the $2k, make them happy. Its such an easy win for the Dems...

Admittedly I haven’t been following the last couple days and looked into this. So I’m confused on the outrage on he’s  breaking a promise. Is the total not 2k that people are getting? Is it that $600 would be coming from Trumpito and $1400 from Biden? Do both come from Biden? Does it come separately? Does it matter? Is it Semantics we are talking about here?

Am I understanding it wrong? Someone please help, lol. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

Check this out:

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Since President Donald Trump asked lawmakers to increase the second stimulus check from $600 to $2,000 as the year came to a close, Democratic leaders have been calling for a third $2,000 direct payment.

For that reason, you may have been surprised when President-elect Joe Biden unveiled the “American Rescue Plan” Thursday that includes $1,400 checks instead of $2,000, according to aides who described the plan ahead of a speech by Biden Thursday evening.

Did Biden change the amount of the check or was there some sort of misunderstanding? It depends on who you ask…

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/third-stimulus-checks-heres-how-2000-direct-payments-became-1400/

This was an easy win for the Dems, a slam dunk really, now the narrative has changed. Instead of people being happy about getting free money, they're wondering what happened. They're wondering why they were lied to and or mislead. This was a layup for the Dems, a win/win situation...yet they found a way to mess up giving people free money. Just give the people $2k, clear our any confusion and keep the people happy. As I said, this is not the way you want to start your presidency.

15 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Admittedly I haven’t been following the last couple days and looked into this. So I’m confused on the outrage on he’s  breaking a promise. Is the total not 2k that people are getting? Is it that $600 would be coming from Trumpito and $1400 from Biden? Do both come from Biden? Does it come separately? Does it matter? Is it Semantics we are talking about here?

Am I understanding it wrong? Someone please help, lol. Thanks in advance. 

biden and Dems campaigned on $2,000 checks and repeatedly used that phrase. Warnock even used a prop check with $2,000 written in it during the campaign. 

Some people are upset and left Twitter is having a meltdown because they thought this indicated they were going to get an additional $2,000 check rather than a $1,400 check that makes the last stimulus check total $2,000. 

it’s semantics and misunderstanding but it’s also really bad messaging from Dems not to be more clear about this or to just not make the damn things $2,000 to keep everyone happy and secure a big early win 

• Like 1

I haven’t been closely following, but right after the runoffs I remember the Delaware Dem Senator say he wasn’t in favor of more checks, unless something has changed I wouldn’t count my chickens before they are hatched. Why would the Republican senators vote to allow the $1,400. This could be a see the Dems have control and they can get it done either. With the Dem senator voting no and if the rest party line that is a 51-49 Vote. 

Edited by just654

15 minutes ago, just654 said:

I haven’t been closely following, but right after the runoffs I remember the Delaware Dem Senator say he wasn’t in favor of more checks, unless something has changed I wouldn’t count my chickens before they are hatched. Why would the Republican senators vote to allow the $1,400. This could be a see the Dems have control and they can get it done either. With the Dem senator voting no and if the rest party line that is a 51-49 Vote. 

Joe Manchin is probably voting against stimulus payment; so they will need a Republican to vote Yes.

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe Manchin is probably voting against stimulus payment; so they will need a Republican to vote Yes.

And that is my point why would they. The Dems have been screaming it has been the Repubs holding it up. You can now go, see they have control and they can’t get it passed either.

Question because I really didn't hang on each and every pronouncement about stuff:

When the Biden, Harris, Pelosi, or the two GA Dem senate candidates were talking about $2,000 stimulus from December 25th until January 5th...did they ever use the word "additional"?

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I already spent that 600 so  600 +1400 - 600 = 1400

:(

10 minutes ago, techboy said:

all it takes for us to forgive the last 4 years is 1400 dollars? Jeez we are cheap.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Question because I really didn't hang on each and every pronouncement about stuff:

When the Biden, Harris, Pelosi, or the two GA Dem senate candidates were talking about $2,000 stimulus from December 25th until January 5th...did they ever use the word "additional"?

depends on what the meaning of “it” is...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

all it takes for us to forgive the last 4 years is 1400 dollars? Jeez we are cheap.

Rubio voting to cut me a check isn't going to change my view on Republicans and their behavior but I'm certainly willing to let him try.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Manchin will vote for  He is just talking tough.

I think he will leave the Democratic Party later this year and become an independent but caucus with the gop. What happened in 01 will happen in 21; the last time the Senate was 50-50.

So, whatever Joe Biden  wants to do; he needs to do it quickly.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think he will leave the Democratic Party later this year and become an independent but caucus with the gop. What happened in 01 will happen in 21; the last time the Senate was 50-50.

So, whatever Joe Biden  wants to do; he needs to do it quickly.

He wields way more power as a Dem "holdout" than he does as a random GOPer.

• Like 2