Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

February 20, 2020

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins released the following player:

TE Jordan Reed

Sad that it ended this way for Reed (at least with the Redskins). I hope for his sake he retires. Still upset that he got taken out by a cheap hit in a meaningless preseason game.

This is the right move for the 'skins. It should be the right move for Jordan, too. If he thinks about how thin the Redskins are at TE and how they're willing to let him go even before the opening of free agency he ought to realize that this move is not about football.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yikes, our TE situation is fugly. Not that this is surprising at all or that I though Reed would actually play another down here. 

It was fugly last year, cant miss what you didnt have, but we have a third rounder, that's our money round for TEs this century.

I truly hope that Jordan never plays another down in the NFL.

He's had at least 7 major concussions. The last one so debilitating that he was feeling symptoms more than 6 months later. At this point in his career he essentially has an off switch that can be triggered by even a moderately hard impact from a defensive player. 

The medical staff and team physician for the Redskins was involved. Just wondering if they failed Reed at any point during his tenure here. Reed says he just wants a fresh start and doesn't seem like the type to throw folk under the bus. I'm just wondering if there is more to this.

nfl_returntoparticipationprotocol.thumb.png.f62904d90612e2e444e8cb20f05b2fe9.png

It's arguable that boxing and/or mma is more dangerous than football.

In a laboratory-reconstructed bio-mechanics concussion study, Boxers delivered punches with proportionately more rotational than translational acceleration than in football concussion. Boxing punches have a 65 mm effective radius from the head cg, which is almost double the 34 mm in football

Archived