Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

TK

On 4/18/2020 at 9:55 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm actually more surprised that Chris Thompson hasn't been signed, than I am about Jordan Reed,

Although the CV impact on the league could be playing a major role in that non-development, just as I was saying it did with Reed

I dunno. Thompson was not really good his last two seasons. I suspect it's because of cumulative injuries. Even when he broke free, he was always caught. Then again, Gruden for some reason always wanted to use him excessively as a runner through the middle. I think Thompson could sign a cheapish deal, but even so, I don't think he'd be a roster lock.

52 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I dunno. Thompson was not really good his last two seasons. I suspect it's because of cumulative injuries. Even when he broke free, he was always caught. Then again, Gruden for some reason always wanted to use him excessively as a runner through the middle. I think Thompson could sign a cheapish deal, but even so, I don't think he'd be a roster lock.

Thompson already signed with Jacksonville

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They coulda really used him in the Super Bowl.

Now, we gonna have to face both Trent and Jordan, playing with a fury, in the same game this year...if they're both healthy.

One of those times, I’m ok if they have great games against us. They gave us their all while here. 

42 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They coulda really used him in the Super Bowl.

Now, we gonna have to face both Trent and Jordan, playing with a fury, in the same game this year...if they're both healthy.

Very good chance we face neither. Both, at this point, could be ir'd by a stiff breeze 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Very good chance we face neither. Both, at this point, could be ir'd by a stiff breeze 

Was about to say this. Last  year we got report after report about Reed being completely healthy and feeling better than he has in years, looking great in training camp, etc. Then one helmet hit in preseason and he's concussed and out for the year.

At this point, assuming Reed--at 30 years old and 27 concussions over the last 3 years--will be a terror to any team this year wouldn't be a bet I would take.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Stiff breeze carrying a virus. Wash at SF is week 14. What’s the over/under the season gets that far?

Zombie is willing to bet someone his right leg. He can always get another one.  

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I wish him good health and a good season.  Nobody wants to see a promising players career go off the rails due to injuries.

I wish he had retired.  I am not going to say he should have, but I wish he had.  I really, really, really don't want to see the story of him getting another concussion and not recovering.  

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wish he had retired.  I am not going to say he should have, but I wish he had.  I really, really, really don't want to see the story of him getting another concussion and not recovering.  

Most neuroscientist highly recommend no one play football. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no more football in 20-30 years. If safety is a concern, canceling football is the path to take. 

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, Trent left because of the medical staff.

And Reed left because of lingering medical issues his entire Redskin career.

So, it just might make sense that both of their "healths" could flourish in a different training and medical environment.

Damaged goods. Trent's injuries seemed to be slowing him down, even before all this stuff blew up.

Reed is just... smh. I wish that guy nothing but the best, but you really have to wonder about people's support systems, when a guy like him, who was wiped out for an entire season, is encouraged, and allowed to come back

I usually don't care that much about players if they leave for other teams, but I liked Jordan and really hope that he doesn't get any more concussions and has a good career.

I also liked Trent, but hope that he fails. Yes, I'm a bad person, but he was my favourite player and he broke my heart by being a dumbass and then leaving.

19 hours ago, wit33 said:

Most neuroscientist highly recommend no one play football. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no more football in 20-30 years. If safety is a concern, canceling football is the path to take. 

They will always find players willing to take the risk for the big payday. And as long as the ratings stay close to where they are right now football isnt going anywhere. 

As far as Reed goes. I wish him well. Was probably a good time for him to hang up the cleats. But I would never take away someones ability to make money. 

7 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

They will always find players willing to take the risk for the big payday. And as long as the ratings stay close to where they are right now football isnt going anywhere. 

As far as Reed goes. I wish him well. Was probably a good time for him to hang up the cleats. But I would never take away someones ability to make money. 

As society softens and more information comes out it will continue to be challenging, but I lean towards it sticking around as well. 

7 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

San Fran is perfect for him, he doesn't need to block and he'll get minimal reps, as long as he doesn't have to run the inside slant which is his go to he might make it a few games.

Except everyone on their offense HAS to be a willing and good:dedicated blocker. Including their WRs.

Thats why their run game is so spectacular.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just occurred to me, an interesting coincidence between us and the 49ers.

Both of us are likely starting a new LT and TE, that were also teammates last year for another team.

Charles and Moss for us, both from LSU, and of course Williams and Reed for SF, from Wash.

One small hitch in this is that they aren't starting Reed, they have a much better player in Kittle at TE as well. 

And personally I see Logan Thomas starting for us, he's got poor man's Darren Waller type upside imo.

Archived