Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

TK

6 hours ago, Xameil said:

Well...he has had ALOT of concussions...

When I was in 4rth grade I just for the life of me could not stop spelling "a lot" as "alot" and eventually mean old Mrs Gallagher got mad and called me stupid in front of the class. I whispered "shut up" and she asked me to repeat what I said, so I yelled it. Well, she failed me and made me bring something home for my parents to sign, along about my outburst. I told my mom exactly what happened and she had my back and told me I was right to stand up for myself, then went in and raised hell at the school. It was awesome.

Every time I see someone spell "a lot" wrong, I smile and think to myself "stupid".  :D

Jordan Reed was a baller for this team, it's too bad his body betrayed him.

That 2015 playoff game he was the only guy that showed up and tried to will his way to a win. Everyone else shrunk on that stage, Reed shined.

He will be missed, one of my favorite redskins. I just wish he could have stayed healthy, for his own sake and for ours.

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

When I was in 4rth grade I just for the life of me could not stop spelling "a lot" as "alot" and eventually mean old Mrs Gallagher got mad and called me stupid in front of the class. I whispered "shut up" and she asked me to repeat what I said, so I yelled it. Well, she failed me and made me bring something home for my parents to sign, along about my outburst. I told my mom exactly what happened and she had my back and told me I was right to stand up for myself, then went in and raised hell at the school. It was awesome.

Every time I see someone spell "a lot" wrong, I smile and think to myself "stupid".  :D

Wow, you must've enjoyed your mom cussing out the school like... ALOT. ;)

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Its honestly kinda shocking that he's still available. The NFL doesn't have a heart, so someone will sign him unfortunately. I wonder if he has any money.

It's impossible to take anything the NFL says seriously, especially if they say or do nothing if he gets signed again.

I don't want him back, I don't want that on my conscious.  Some of y'all talking mad trash about how he can't stay healthy better not come back and say something stupid like "veterans minimum plus incentives" because we don't have a TE.

We still wouldn't have a TE even if he signed, Wed had a big WR that can't stay healthy. Let it go, move on.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's impossible to take anything the NFL says seriously, especially if they say or do nothing if he gets signed again.

I don't want him back, I don't want that on my conscious.  Some of y'all talking mad trash about how he can't stay healthy better not come back and say something stupid like "veterans minimum plus incentives" because we don't have a TE.

We still wouldn't have a TE even if he signed, Wed had a big WR that can't stay healthy. Let it go, move on.

Exactly. I hope I never have to watch him hide from blocking every again.

I really hope that he calls it a day as far as his playing career is concerned. I'm no doctor, but IMO he's had too many concussions already and any more could seriously affect his quality of life.

It would sadden me to see him playing again, especially for another team. Imagine if he signed for the cowboys, giants or iggles!?! Uggh!

4 hours ago, London Kev said:

I really hope that he calls it a day as far as his playing career is concerned. I'm no doctor, but IMO he's had too many concussions already and any more could seriously affect his quality of life.

It would sadden me to see him playing again, especially for another team. Imagine if he signed for the cowboys, giants or iggles!?! Uggh!

Hypothetically, with expanded rosters coming, is Reed a candidate to be signed and used in special situations only, like red zone and 3rd downs, to reduce the chance of further injuries? Would a team carry someone like that? I doubt it but we have few good options at TE and likely none are better than a healthy Jordan Reed. 

I have almost finished reading Bill Romanowski’s autobiography and he discusses the concussions he has experienced throughout his career.  He states players prefer not to report concussion symptoms for fear of losing their jobs which I can understand but as much as I hate to admit it concussions are a part of the game and I don’t think that will ever change.  I commend Jordan Reed for protecting himself and sitting out games due to being concussed but it seems to me like he may be one hit away from losing way more than he will ever gain.

Fun Fact:  Bill Romanowski almost signed with the Washington Redskins after his rookie contract expired.

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Hypothetically, with expanded rosters coming, is Reed a candidate to be signed and used in special situations only, like red zone and 3rd downs, to reduce the chance of further injuries? Would a team carry someone like that? I doubt it but we have few good options at TE and likely none are better than a healthy Jordan Reed. 

I've said before that I think that a healthy Jordan Reed could have been one of the all-time best receiving TE's, so there's definitely none better on the team right now. A 3rd down TE may be a good idea, but I wouldn't want Reed to fill that role. I really like the guy and would fear for his safety every time he took the field.

Jordan obviously knows his own body better than anyone, and maybe he's not more prone to concussions than any other player. Maybe he's just been extremely unlucky with the hits that he's taken and maybe he could come back and go on to have an injury-free, all-pro career.

Maybe Shmaybe. Give it up, Jordan.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Hmmm...I say the same thing whenever I see a wrap and think of you....

😈

On 4/13/2020 at 5:13 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Its honestly kinda shocking that he's still available. The NFL doesn't have a heart, so someone will sign him unfortunately. I wonder if he has any money.

Not with the CV affecting in-person meetings, really limiting a team's ability to fully evaluate a player with a serious injury history.

He will sign somewhere, once the restrictions are lifted

On 4/14/2020 at 7:03 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not with the CV affecting in-person meetings, really limiting a team's ability to fully evaluate a player with a serious injury history.

He will sign somewhere, once the restrictions are lifted

Yeah, you'd have to think that many more players will be signed once we hit July and some of these travel restrictions are lifted. It would be very wise of the Skins to hold on to as much cap money as they can to possibly scoop up guys who aren't signed who might lower their demands the longer they go unsigned. I could see some GM's coming out of these unchartered waters looking much smarter than others just by being patient and pouncing when the time is right. 

Even if travel weren’t an issue, you have to be available to be on a roster and be a contributor. It’s been a minute since anyone can say that about Reed.

I don't think it's shocking.  He's in a tough spot, in that teams want him for his talent, but they are not going to bring in a guy and then design around him with the possibility he might not play a snap.  

I think if he gets signed, it's probably during training camp when somebody's starter gets hurt. 

• 1 month later...

Archived