Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

TK

49 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's arguable that boxing and/or mma is more dangerous than football.

In a laboratory-reconstructed bio-mechanics concussion study, Boxers delivered punches with proportionately more rotational than translational acceleration than in football concussion. Boxing punches have a 65 mm effective radius from the head cg, which is almost double the 34 mm in football

Threatening Homer Simpson GIF

I think a couple years ago I wanted him to just retire. I'd find myself rooting for him in the jersey hoping he doesn't get hurt, knowing that he'll probably get hurt. Watching him come back was a great story, but after a while I knew the story always had a bad ending. 

Sadly, I'm worried how things will look in 10-15 years. The damage he's sustained could put him at risk of being the next Junior Seau.  It's just sad. 

Anyway, thanking Jordan for his effort and performances. That 2015 season was awesome. He was uncoverable and I think really helped Kirk develop. He'll be missed, but it got to a point where I was cringing every time he took a hit. That's no way to watch players you are rooting for. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Browns are said to be ready to move on from David Njoku.....Do we offer a 5th and see if they'll take it or is he overrated? He turns 24 this July so he is still young.

He was a first rounder (29th overall) and is still young and talented. You think a 5th is going to be good enough to get it done? 

I'm ready for a boring, cheap TE. Give me a blocker who can run some routes, but their job is fairly defined.

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

He was a first rounder (29th overall) and is still young and talented. You think a 5th is going to be good enough to get it done? 

I'm ready for a boring, cheap TE. Give me a blocker who can run some routes, but their job is fairly defined.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 5th would get it done....who knows? 

Jordan Reed was a baller.

Had we a legitimate deep threat (or a QB who could throw to one) during the prime of his career, he'd have posted bigger numbers but unfortunately Jordan had to suffer a lot of dink-and-dunkers and defenses never stretched out, so he was in a lot of traffic virtually all of the time.

Jordan Reed would have been a HOFer if he could have stayed healthy. Probably the most talented player we've had at an offensive skill position since I started watching the skins in the early 2000s. Probably the most talented player we've had on the team during that time other than Sean Taylor. 

He was simply uncoverable in 2015 - I've never seen defenders falling all over themselves trying to guard a TE. And that 2015 comeback against Tampa Bay is one of my favorite skins games - we put that last play all on him, and the defender was so scared of covering him that he basically just walked right into the endzone.

He will be missed, and I wish him all the best. 

Great player!  Just unfortunate he could never stay healthy and it is a cryin' shame his last season and possibly career ended on a dirty hit the league says their adamant about stopping.  He has taken other cheap shots like that as well and the league did nothing so what can you do...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

If Reed insists on playing again, and is truly recovered.  I'd be OK with it being here.

If he is dead set on continuing to play anyway and is medically cleared to play, why not do it for the Redskins on a reworked deal?

Obviously I wish him good health and as a fellow human being, I would rather see him retire. But it is his life and his decision. 

No NFL team does Jordan Reed any good by bringing him back to play.  IF they are truthful and honest they explain to him the dangers of him continuing his NFL career.  The same needs to be said to recently traded Brandin Cooks.  The NFL must come up with a policy to protect the players and not endanger their lives by putting a limit on the number of concussions a player sustains during their careers to include both college and the NFL.  Just my 2 cents.

42 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No NFL team does Jordan Reed any good by bringing him back to play.  IF they are truthful and honest they explain to him the dangers of him continuing his NFL career.  The same needs to be said to recently traded Brandin Cooks.  The NFL must come up with a policy to protect the players and not endanger their lives by putting a limit on the number of concussions a player sustains during their careers to include both college and the NFL.  Just my 2 cents.

The messed up thing would be if, the NFL tried to stop Jordan, I think the NFLPA would fight them. :bill:

:229:The Rook

11 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Jordan is quite an intelligent, articulate bloke, his grammar is far better than that fake account. I'm sure he'd know that "throughout" and "worthwhile" are single words and also how to spell "utmost".

Well...he has had ALOT of concussions...

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

The NFL must come up with a policy to protect the players and not endanger their lives by putting a limit on the number of concussions a player sustains during their careers to include both college and the NFL.  Just my 2 cents.

That would only lead to players refusing to report symptoms.. Concussions will happen in the NFL, so it would be best to at least encourage players to seek treatment, not avoid it

Archived