Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Why would you think that?  Very highly rated among CBs last year.

Very concerning injury history.  Dunbar is still developing especially considering he hasn't played the position very long.  However, that nerve issue he had almost ended his career.  But again, if we get a 3rd I would be surprised, if we get a 2nd I would be more than shocked.

He has 2 good years of productions, young, long corner, athletic, fast, the list goes on and on.  I see why you would be optimistic, I just don't think we cash in on this asset.  

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dunbar must be taking Trent Williams new online quarantine course, “How to go about it the wrong way”.

This stuff is straight out of his playbook.

These guys are screwing everything up. Killing their value, killing the return we would get for them. It's annoying, I almost think we should keep them and let them walk next off-season and get comp picks for both of them. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

These guys are screwing everything up. Killing their value, killing the return we would get for them. It's annoying, I almost think we should keep them and let them walk next off-season and get comp picks for both of them. 

Who's to say we get anything for them.  Get what you can for them now, I think.  They're unhappy and don't want to be part of the team.  Let them go and get draft compensation for them.

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Who's to say we get anything for them.  Get what you can for them now, I think.  They're unhappy and don't want to be part of the team.  Let them go and get draft compensation for them.

Its all contract based so depending on what they sign for is what we'll get in compensation. As long as we don't sign anyone next offseason we'll be sitting pretty. We're going to get low-balled because they both want ridiculous contracts as well I bet. 

2 hours ago, redrobert said:

Had kinda hoped we could keep him around, oh well...

So what is he worth?

A seventh? 

I mean he's a loud mouthed discontent coming off an injury who has only been a starter for one season and couldn't finish it. He looked good when he played over the years, but if Campbell and others are only worth a fifth and Williams may not even be worth a second then you can't expect much. He makes it harder because the team trading him can't even convince themselves their getting a good player on a cheap contract. Plus, they can't give him a physical so they don't know if he's healthy. If I were optimistic a conditional fifth would be nice. Only real shot is if a team like the Rams wanted him and loved him because McVay knows him.

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It'll still be a profit. We didn't use any draft picks to get him.

We should learn from past experience, and grab what we can, and while can, for him.

Bree is free.  He won't cost us anything either.

plenty of DB options out there I like. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn’t mind Bree. There’s a few good DBs we could snag still. FS is still a concern, though I do think Davis is an upgrade there. Still nervous about MIKE. 

seems odd the market for Randall cooled off. Was it us and the Raiders reportedly in on him. Either way, I do like the Davis signing.

I will blame Williams to some degree with us losing Dunbar now.  The head trainer who Dunny is mad at has left so its really about his contract.

His agent told him to mimick what Trent is doing.  Right now that strategy is not working out too well for Trent.  Riverboat Ron is going to earn

his salary this year for sure.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn’t mind Bree. There’s a few good DBs we could snag still. FS is still a concern, though I do think Davis is an upgrade there. Still nervous about MIKE. 

I really like the Davis signing, but it's not an answer. If we sign a true coverage FS, I LOVE the Davis signing.

31 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Skins fans and media always over value our players....see the signing of Fuller, see the Flowers reaction. Ron comes in and looks at Dunbar and just doesnt see anything but an average player thats easily replaceable, not even worth the problem.

And yet he pays Fuller (another average player) 10m per season.

Just removing my fandom from the equation, I get where Dunbar is coming from.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think he wants out, money or not

I think he wants out..... because he's not getting his money. 🤔

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

Dunbar must be taking Trent Williams new online quarantine course, “How to go about it the wrong way”.

This stuff is straight out of his playbook.

The more he tweets dumb **** the more social distancing he is practicing between the Redskins and other teams interest. 

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I think he wants out because he's not getting his money. 🤔

This forum has difficulty comparing apples to apples. The thing is, Dunny is under contract and Fuller was brought in as a FA to fill a hole in the roster...it's going to cost more. Additionally, perhaps Rivera evaluates Fuller as being better suited for what he's trying to do than Dunbar...who knows? We mistake our evaluation of players as being shared by the actual decision makers.

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I think he wants out..... because he's not getting his money. 🤔

Like I said he doesnt think Dunbar is any good. Fuller getting 10 mil from us when other corners got 15 mil and 16.5 mil respectively kinda tells you he isnt very high on most teams list. Skins had people in the room that drafted and favor Fuller and are over evaluating him IMO. Yet it was our biggest signing. With the money we have Ron and company blew FA period going all in on Cooper.

21 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

This forum has difficulty comparing apples to apples. The thing is, Dunny is under contract and Fuller was brought in as a FA to fill a hole in the roster...it's going to cost more. Additionally, perhaps Rivera evaluates Fuller as being better suited for what he's trying to do than Dunbar...who knows? We mistake our evaluation of players as being shared by the actual decision makers.

I'm aware of the difference (FA Fuller vs Dunbar being under contract).

I was just expressing what I suspect is Dunbar's perspective.

31 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Fuller is coming from a Super Bowl winning team and played very well there. He's earned that money.

Dunbar, despite injuries, has done well, too. But he isn't helping himself with this malcontent, public grievance line he is taking.

Of course, it may not just be money with Dunbar. Maybe he got to used to Gruden's laid back, club med ways, and Rivera is too hard nosed for him.

Who knows.

Archived