Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Powerade, chili dogs and apple pie...at work.  Just me and 21 animals.  Watching football on the big screen TV in the lobby.  Person working at the fast food joint across the street once told me they watch the game on our TV while they work.  I always had an inclination they did.  Which is why I don't stand in front of it, like all the people I've wanted to murder in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Went for a walk with the girlfriend this morning, on our route we walk past the local high school and we're normally earlier than the kids that are headed in.  But today we were later than usual so on our route we walked past a lot of kids headed to school.

One kid was riding a bike, one of those bikes with big fat tires and on the back of it he had a bluetooth speaker blasting Regulate by Warren G.  And then he stopped as he got closer to the school and turned it to Nuthin but a G Thang before he turned the corner and headed up to school.

Made me smile.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ahh, the Animated X-Men. Thise were fun times... Simpler times

Ya know, outside of the Animated X-Men, and the arcade game...I never kept up with the stuff.  Never seen a bit of the movies, I'm not a comic book person.

But that arcade game was the TRUTH.  One of the best of all time.  Wolverine was my guy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Ya know, outside of the Animated X-Men, and the arcade game...I never kept up with the stuff.  Never seen a bit of the movies, I'm not a comic book person.

But that arcade game was the TRUTH.  One of the best of all time.  Wolverine was my guy.

I think I know what you're talking about. I think it also got ported to Sega Genesis. The one I remember, starts you off in the Danger Room, then you go to various stages (Savage Land, "Days of Future Past" Earth, etc) and fight bosses like Sabretooth and Archangel. One of the best games I remember playing on Sega

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Chinese food is not nearly as good in the south. Why is that?  Give me a spot in DC that were already covid prepared any time over what I've had down here. 

I've heard people say the  Chinese carry-out in LA is good? Apart from DC/PG I've never thought it was all that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've heard people say the  Chinese carry-out in LA is good? 

Chinese take out in LA is great. I worked in Beverly Hills for a stretch and I ate Kung Pao chicken like it was my job during the week.

Other than that, the LA food scene sucks. Can you spend a ton of cash and get some good grub? Of course. But their everyday food blows. That’s why everyone in LA finds one restaurant they like and then they eat there all the time.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Los Angeles definitely is better. 

I'm talking about simple stuff like fried rice and egg rolls. Don't even want to discuss the entrees. Thumbs down. 

Btw the joke there was the bullet proof glass. 

Man I've gone to some carryouts in DC and youd swear some of those windows were missile proof :rofl89:

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2020 at 2:07 AM, China said:

I'm still wondering how Halloween will happen (or if).  I can't see sending my kid to strangers' houses even if everybody is wearing a mask.

CDC Halloween guidelines discourage trick-or-treating during COVID-19 pandemic

he Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has now officially discouraged trick-or-treating in 2020.

The new holiday guidance appeared on the CDC website Monday night.

America's health protection agency said "many traditional Halloween activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses."

High-risk Halloween activities, according to the CDC include the following:

-Door-to-door trick-or-treating
-Trunk-or-treat events with treats handed out to large groups from trunks of cars
-Indoor costume parties
-Indoor haunted houses
-Hayrides/tractor rides with people who are not in your household
-Going to a fall festival outside your community

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2
  • Sad 1