Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Out of all the spam calls I get, the ones that offer to clean my central air vents have to be the weirdest.  They seem like legit businesses, they must have no customers whatsoever to be calling random 202 area code numbers.  

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Ever stop and wonder "what the hell am i doing with my life?"

:pint:

Only every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'm definitely going thru a lazy phase.  Stopped working out for the first time in my life, procrastinating hard, drinking almost every night, depressed sometimes, paranoid sometimes.  A lot of factors that I see as excuses.  I need to rise up and get motivated.  Thinking jogging again is the start.

These two feed each other, pick one, or they both win.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

These two feed each other, pick one, or they both win.

Not sure what you mean about picking one.  Seems to me you have to accept the withdrawal symptoms until they eventually go away.  Alcoholism sucks.  Personally, the only reason I drink is to kill the massive anxiety (jitters, rapid heartbeat, confusion, short breathing, worrying about life's issues).  It's not for fun.  It's to kill the withdrawal.

Not to worry you all, I've slowly weened myself to a relatively low amount.  No liquor or wine anymore.  Slow sipping beer...but it still alleviates so much while making me lazy as hell.  I'm ready to start getting back in shape.

27 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'm definitely going thru a lazy phase.  Stopped working out for the first time in my life, procrastinating hard, drinking almost every night, depressed sometimes, paranoid sometimes.  A lot of factors that I see as excuses.  I need to rise up and get motivated.  Thinking jogging again is the start.

I feel the same way, motivation has been extra low lately.  Took me forever to even register for classes next quarter, would rather sit on my couch and watch sports all day.  

Excellent idea starting jogging, I am big believer in physical activity to get the brain going.  Science supports the fact that it releases endorphins, which can reduce anxiety and depression.  At the very least exercise can distract you from your worries and get you out of your head.  Plus it is just good for your body and overall health.  Keep it up!  

This year has just been ****, plain and simple.  Pandemic, natural disasters, social unrest, political nonsense, on top of whatever personal stuff we are all going through.  It takes a toll.  Just remember that it is just a phase and it will get better.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Not sure what you mean about picking one.  Seems to me you have to accept the withdrawal symptoms until they eventually go away.  Alcoholism sucks.  Personally, the only reason I drink is to kill the massive anxiety (jitters, rapid heartbeat, confusion, short breathing, worrying about life's issues).  It's not for fun.  It's to kill the withdrawal.

Not to worry you all, I've slowly weened myself to a relatively low amount.  No liquor or wine anymore.  Slow sipping beer...but it still alleviates so much while making me lazy as hell.  I'm ready to start getting back in shape.

Thats more info, being bipolar, I had to stop myself from drinking more when I took breaks from weed because it would almost always lead into a deep depression dive, dangerous place for me. 

You already know alcohol is a depressant, good luck getting out of that, thats me speaking to what sounded like dealing with depression via alcohol.  It doesn't work, I tried, theres songs about that, but what you talking about is different.

You already ahead of me on what you doing, I jus reacted to it, had a flashback, honestly. Thats my way of saying I care, working on that, too.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

It's kind of tough being outdoors with all the wildfires affecting air quality. My family and I usually get outdoors this time of year. I put my gym membership on hold until it's safer. Most of the exercise I get is at work. As far as the drinking, try to take it one day at a time. That's what works for me, I tend to be a fish in the summer. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I was this years old when I found out that Tom Morello was black. 😆

I'm so dumb.

I remember when I first heard RATM as a kid, I thought the whole band was white. Then I saw an album promo in like '99, with Zack promoting Battle Of Los Angeles, and was like "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" 

Easy to misconstrue a lot of things about them

I can't drink anything more than a little red wine while on meds. For the really bad days I just take a double dose at night. Like going under the knife. Better than the alternative. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats more info, being bipolar, I had to stop myself from drinking more when I took breaks from weed because it would almost always lead into a deep depression dive, dangerous place for me. 

You already know alcohol is a depressant, good luck getting out of that, thats me speaking to what sounded like dealing with depression via alcohol.  It doesn't work, I tried, theres songs about that, but what you talking about is different.

You already ahead of me on what you doing, I jus reacted to it, had a flashback, honestly. Thats my way of saying I care, working on that, too.

Nah I get you.  Those points when you're drinking a lot, suddenly drowned in negative thoughts.  You see why suicide under the influence is relatively common, when it hits that point.  Thankfully I have things in life I HAVE to live for.  No chance I off myself.  Doesn't mean I haven't reached that "why the **** to I bother" moment.  It's becoming increasingly more rare because I've slowed my roll.  At the same time, withdrawal sucks in itself.  Which is why I'm cutting back slowly (talking months, a couple years).

This time two years ago I'd smash a litre of vodka every day.  Now it's around 8 beers, and I'm ready to start working out.  Have two days off rn, here we go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I can't drink anything more than a little red wine while on meds. For the really bad days I just take a double dose at night. Like going under the knife. Better than the alternative. 

Haven't really talked about it, but I gave up on no meds when I got back from New Mexico because wasnt convinced it was working enough for when baby girl got here in January. 

As part of that I had to go from 120 proof knobs creek to something similar to your advice, been that way since I got back, haven't looked at it the same, and this single one compared to pill ****tail says avoid alcohol for a reason.  Now I feel old, but its worth it.

Denial is not self-medication, self-medication is not denial. Quality of life comes at a cost, it takes acceptence and personal honesty to know which cost is worth it.  I'll try no meds again one day, it will be similar to getting someone to sign off on it like I did last time. 

This is possibly more denial, but again speaking outloud to realities of jus trying to get from one day to the next versus actually living, there's a difference. I can accept that challenge at least, but I dont know if my body can, thats reality.

• Like 1

For awhile now I've done my best to face my ish down. Its doable with meds, but it gets a lot harder with this pandemic, not gonna lie.  You start to get back in those old "I've  gotta do whatever it takes to make it to the next day/week" type stuff, and for me, it's more trouble than it's worth.

I keep everything regimented on my whiteboard in my room now, even logging downtime.  It's helped me not feel so adrift, now that I've been teleworking and not leaving the neighborhood all that much. Every little bit makes a difference 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

If yall could recommend me some Bone Thugs that is on the more badass side of their discography...

I've started to think Crazy Bone is criminally overlooked.  Everyone in that group was awesome.  Notorious Thugs is to Rap as Stairway to Heaven is to Rock.

You might get some good answers in the hip hop thread. Bone Thugz is one group I kinda wasn't all that into overall.

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Note to others interested in cycling for exercising: make sure you get a properly fitting seat....my junk was numb for a week until it healed. 

Gel cushions and padded bike shorts go a long way. I was ignorant about it for years,  and as a result, have a nagging sore spot thereabouts :ols:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You might get some good answers in the hip hop thread. Bone Thugz is one group I kinda wasn't all that into overall.

Word.

I wasn't either.  Their pop song that was like a song you play at funerals...nah...

But my nephew would play their ish constantly while he'd smoke me up after selling me an ounce.  Ish jammed.

No denying their talent.

• Like 1