Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Please, for the good of all mankind...if you find those recipes, let us all in. 

You might enjoy this one:

Mothers and memories: Recipes connect daughters to the past

GENIE Milgrom was born into a Catholic family in Havana, and moved to Miami when she was a child. She attended Catholic schools through high school, but says she never felt connected to her religion.

So Milgrom was on her own, and what she found after years of research stunned her. She was actually Jewish on her maternal side going back 22 generations to the Inquisition in Spain and Portugal in the 1400s and 1500s.

Soon afterward her mother had to be moved to an in-patient facility, and her father passed away. While cleaning out their home, Milgrom found much of the documentation of her genealogy that she had spent years, and a significant sum of money, compiling. It means her mother knew she was Jewish, but chose not to pass on the documents.

Milgrom also found boxes of handwritten recipes, many of them in fading pencil, going back several generations. It is these recipes that form the basis of her new book, Recipes of My 15 Grandmothers, published this year by Geffen.

There are dozens of recipes in the book, divided into sections including chicken dishes, meat dishes, fish dishes, sauces, and an especially long list of desserts.

Click on the link for the full story

46 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kinda sick of IPAs.  Not gonna drink any IPAs in 2021.

Might have a couple tonight, tho.

Word.  I had a new Sam Adams pumpkin beer the other day and was disgusted.  Hopefully it simply went bad.  Pumpkin spice stuff is super cliche at this point, but I admittedly love the style of beer.  Southern Tier, Schlafly, even the Flying Dog one is great.  I have a bottle that's 9 years old in the stash, will bust it out in a couple Halloweens.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sam Adams and I ain't cool. Tried their boston lager during that '16 Blizzard and it tasted like rain water pooling at the bottom of an abandoned train station

Come on, train station rain water with a little cinnamon in it.😂  Dawg I didn't drink the first one I ever tried.  I pushed the glass to the side and told the bartender he could pour it out.  Years later, after trying hundreds of different beers, the Boston Lager was good.

Worst beer I ever had was the Abita Purple Haze.  It's like 7 parts raspberry seltzer water, 3 parts cough syrup.

• Haha 1