Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dunno what happened at IHOP today. I've had better meals in a psych ward

I don't understand why people like IHOP.  Their food sucks.  Do you know you can't get a gluten free omelet at IHOP?  That's right, something that is supposedly made from eggs.  Why? Because they're so cheap they thin out their egg mixture with their pancake batter.  And you can't even get real maple syrup at IHOP.  They only location they have that serves real maple syrup is in Vermont.  Lame.  Oh, and the syrup they do give you, the first two ingredients are corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup.  The hot syrup you get gets returned to the kitchen where it is poured back in the pot (with everbody else's and their germs) and reheated and re-served.  No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

That makes a lot of sense. I hardly ever eat their stuff. Maybe like once or twice a year. Got what I thought was pancakes and sausage.

Pancakes were thick and grainy, looked and tasted like a catcher's mit. The sausage was submerged in grease, so much I had to pay it down, and it tasted days old. The syrup was watery and generic tasting.

That's what I get for eating late breakfast.

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was just gonna say that! 

I remember when they finally got one in my home town, Mom said, "I'm not impressed."  I said, "Of course not, you're never drunk at 4 in the morning."

There are two kinds of WHs.  

Dirty, run-down joints that sit adjacent to bar areas and do 75% of their business between 10PM And 6AM.  These are ok and a little dangerous...which is fun!

Then there are nicer, off-the-highway spots that do most of their biz at breakfast and lunch for truckers and travelers.  You can eat like a king for about $8 bucks.  They’re an American treasure.

• Like 2

There was a place in Knoxville, MD where the parents and I would go for breakfast and dinner called Cindy Dee Restaurant.  Then we'd go down the street to Brunswick train station and fish on the Potomac.  Shallow, good small mouth bass.  Could walk across the river to Virginia.  That restaurant served you outrageously huge, quality breakfasts.  I got good at Ms. Pacman there.  The tabletop one.  I'm this old:

1ee54dd845f7372526fb6e920c189812.jpg.c6f41450705d5c2fe3ecb64dc595aa67.jpg

• Like 3

Calling it now: the Kansas City Chiefs will go undefeated this year, and complete the perfect season

(ie. undefeated reg season + winning all their playoff games and the Super Bowl) unseating the 1972 Miami Dolphins.*

* barring a truly devastating injury like losing QB Patrick Mahones or WR Tyreek Hill. 

14 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Calling it now: the Kansas City Chiefs will go undefeated this year, and complete the perfect season

(ie. undefeated reg season + winning all their playoff games and the Super Bowl) unseating the 1972 Miami Dolphins.*

* barring a truly devastating injury like losing QB Patrick Mahones or WR Tyreek Hill. 

Just a heads up--there's an RTT in the Stadium too, and this should probably go there...we've gotten in trouble for talking about any football here in the Tailgate. :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have discovered why the microwave’s defrost menu doesn’t have an option for cheese. 

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

You should not defrost cheese. 

Did you find this in one of those old, thin "How To Make People Laugh" books, maybe found at an elderly yard sale???

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Ihop ain’t that bad bougie people. I’m low maintenance tho so what do I know. 

I'm just saying, pancakes are supposed to be made with love. Those pancakes were made with malice, serving a nefarious purpose (likely bodily harm).

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Smothered, covered, capped, and topped!!!

I definitely need that. Again, though, these are trying times for the non-married/non-committed

• Like 1