Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

14 minutes ago, shuler74 said:

How in the heck do you get a aiding and abetting a dwi without being the driver 

I had to look it up, basically it's when the passenger gives their keys to the intoxicated person to drive the car, knowing they are intoxicated and the impaired driver gets a DWI.   

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article255859446.html

Using the State v. Goode definition of aiding and abetting, a defendant aids and abets impaired driving when they:

â–ª Knowingly advise, instigate, encourage or aid another person to drive while impaired and

â–ª Their actions cause or contribute to the commission of the DWI crime.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Leave Richmond at 7:30, make great time and hit the Georgia line by 2:30, sit parked on I-95 for 3+ hours while a semi goes up in flames and shuts down all 4 lanes, buy a gallon of coffee and make the usual 12 hour drive in 16 hours….and, finally at midnight, you’re having a beer on the beach for the first time since 2017.

Whew!

16DE98B6-2ED0-43EE-BD81-1787BAD52536.jpeg

BE9EF493-59B7-48B3-9732-FADF8F1C9007.jpeg

1595FD84-8063-417F-B6F3-160908F63532.jpeg

76218E2C-76E8-4D5F-8241-EC04D0C4FE7F.jpeg

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Honest answer is I would need a chess coach.

How much time are you willing to put into it?

You could look at the Study Plans at the appropriate level on chess.com to get the foundation in tactics, middle-game strategy, openings and endings before paying the money to a coach to refine things.

The other big thing is to play longer time controls and analyze your games after you play them. And even without a coach to help you through this, there are sites that will take your games and identify common themes to improve. I don’t know if chess.com has functionally for this or not.  lichess.org has some functionality and paid sites such as aimchess.com are built for this purpose.

EDIT: I just went to aimchess.com and they have a free report which would be worth running for your games. I tried it on the handful of blitz games I've played on lichess.org and it answered some questions I had about my play. It motivated me to get on and play some more serious games more regularly so that I can get better data.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

My publisher just sent to me the first batch of finished (I think) illustrations of my picture book to review. So pretty.

Enjoying this process. It's my first experience in children's publishing.

Can we see?

Wanna illustrate the children’s book that I’m working on? Can you draw alien mice that hatch from bananas?

Also, I unrelated news, I would like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from the world of chess. I’m never going to play another game again for as long as I live… EVER!!! ****ing **** ass ho ass stupid ass chess ass nerd ass bull**** ass ****ing game ass **** ass piece of **** ass game that it is.

21 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Luna is the Moon's name, but imagine calling it that in a conversation.

"I tried taking pictures of Luna last night, but they were so grainy.  I need to get a telescope to look at Luna more."

Just make sure you don't gaze directly into Sol.