Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

6 hours ago, mojo said:

Well I just started the holiday season by watching  the George C Scott version of A Christmas Carol (the best one btw). 

Hell yeah.  I watch it every year.  The ghost of Christmas future is my hero.  Grim Reaper, shows Scrooge what's up without saying a word.  Spooky movie.  Love Scott's classical stage acting performance, because I think about his acting in Dr. Strangelove...where he's an easy going general with a lot of facial expressions.  Totally opposite style.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Betty White 100th birthday binge: Company will pay someone $1K to watch 10 hours of her best work

In honor of White’s upcoming milestone birthday, Choice Mutual Insurance Agency is looking for one fan to watch 10 hours of the actress’ best work. The lucky fan will earn $1,000.

“We’re looking for someone who adores Betty White,” the company said. “This candidate is probably already planning to binge 10 hours of her classics, but now they get paid to do it!”

The dream job is already accepting applications online. Applicants have to be at least 18 years old and be a United States resident. The application includes questions like “What is your favorite Betty White role?” and “Tell us why you think Betty White is a TV/Film icon.” For bonus points, applicants can also link a video of them explaining why they love Betty White.

Click on the links for more

13 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I suppose going to an AC/DC concert in 2021 is a pleasant diversion from those endless shifts as a Wal-Mart greeter.

I don't know what you are referencing, but those workers are people too.  You shouldn't make fun of them.

Billy 1-string, no-thumb havin ass.  Expensive guitar, can't play it worth a damn ass.  

• Haha 3

1984 was a hell of a year for movies.

https://m.the-numbers.com/movies/year/1984

• Blame it on Rio
  • Footloose
  • This is Spinal Tap
  • Splash
  • Romancing the Stone
  • The Bounty
  • Sixteen Candles
  • The Natural
  • Temple of Doom
  • Star Trek III The Search for Spock
  • Ghostbusters 
  • Gremlins
  • The Karate Kid
  • The Last Starfighter
  • Revenge of the Nerds
  • Red Dawn
  • Amadeus
  • The Terminator
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Beverly Hills Cop

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So I was wandering around CVS after getting my booster shot and I noticed some CBD cream was on sale for 75% off, and I thought "Wow, that's a steep discount."  So I checked th bottle and I notice the product expired in August.  It was clear why it was being discounted, but it seemed to me to be unethical to be selling expired product.  If they had stated up front that that's why it was being discounted that's one thing, but I only noticed because I was curious enough to check.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

1984 was a hell of a year for movies.

https://m.the-numbers.com/movies/year/1984

• Blame it on Rio
  • Footloose
  • This is Spinal Tap
  • Splash
  • Romancing the Stone
  • The Bounty
  • Sixteen Candles
  • The Natural
  • Temple of Doom
  • Star Trek III The Search for Spock
  • Ghostbusters 
  • Gremlins
  • The Karate Kid
  • The Last Starfighter
  • Revenge of the Nerds
  • Red Dawn
  • Amadeus
  • The Terminator
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Beverly Hills Cop

Saw 11 of these in the theater.

Saw that first Elm Street with my stepsister in a tiny, dingy basement joint in a Woodbridge strip mall.  Scared the hell out of us!

• Like 1