Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has anyone ever had Bison meat ?

In the context of burgers, how does the taste of Bison compare to ground beef ?

The taste is good, but not hugely different from beef.  One thing you will notice is that Bison tends to be leaner than regular beef, and fat is flavor.  I think if you had bison and regular beef with equivalent fat content, the bison would be better, but I'm not sold that it is so much better that it's worth the extra cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Work emails be like:

"Friendly reminder to complete your security awareness training by *set date* or we're going to rip your spine out through your asshole.  Thank you for your cooperation."

The manager I've been having a cold war with will literally say something like that on our work app.  We kinda made up yesterday...she offered me to do the department interviews yesterday and I accepted.  *cough* raise!* cough*.  Then she wanted to talk and she asked me how I was doing while tearing up.  I'm good to go.  So long as you stop ****ing with me.  (Didn't say the last part)

Then she turns around and sends a mass msg to everyone this morning, "Be at the meeting this week, have a great excuse, or I will kill you." 😆😴

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The manager I've been having a cold war with will literally say something like that on our work app.  We kinda made up yesterday...she offered me to do the department interviews yesterday and I accepted.  *cough* raise!* cough*.  Then she wanted to talk and she asked me how I was doing while tearing up.  I'm good to go.  So long as you stop ****ing with me.  (Didn't say the last part)

Then she turns around and sends a mass msg to everyone this morning, "Be at the meeting this week, have a great excuse, or I will kill you." 😆😴

I miss smaller businesses where you can get away with that : )

This family stuff gets on my nerves, too:

"We want to thank you all for going above and beyond in these trying times and being part of the *insert company* family. "

"Where's Phill?"

"His skillset wasn't fully applicable to the reorg management settled on, so we violently launched his crying body into the sun."

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I miss smaller businesses where you can get away with that : )

This family stuff gets on my nerves, too:

"We want to thank you all for going above and beyond in these trying times and being part of the *insert company* family. "

"Where's Phill?"

"His skillset wasn't fully applicable to the reorg management settled on, so we violently launched his crying body into the sun."

Yeah, relatively speaking we're big.  40 employees.  6 Doctors.  The "family" vibe fluctuates and morphs.  Right now there's an immaturity complex.  A lot of chatty 19-23 year old nurse assistants talking about TikTok in the midst of lead nurses and doctors running around focused af.  These people get reprimanded and don't even feel it.  Like, if I got verbally slapped half as bad as these people do, I'd feel terrible for a week.  They don't care.

Takes 3 writeups, or misconduct/epic mistake, to fire these bums.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

These people get reprimanded and don't even feel it.  Like, if I got verbally slapped half as bad as these people do, I'd feel terrible for a week.  They don't care.

There's your takeaway.  Don't internalize it and give them power over you and you'll be just fine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

No matter how much stuff I throw away, give away, or donate I've still got way too much stuff.  Learning to let a lot of things go is weird, but I'm doing it.  :) 

Get a puppy.  They'll chew up a bunch of stuff you thought that was necessary and then you'll realize you didn't need it after it's been shredded and is on your living room floor.  You'll get mad at them for like, 30 seconds, bop them on their nose and then forget about it all a few mins later when they're being adorable.  Or peeing on the floor.  

• Haha 5