Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules


Jumbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ugh only 9 animals at the hosp.  Last week was the biggest nightmare I've experienced there.  What a relief.

 

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:


I have a camera on that back door the person opened, but it fuzzed out and lost video at that exact time the door opened. A couple of people thought I dreamt it because of my dogs reactions weren’t consistent with how they act normally and the camera didn’t actually catch anyone. I 100% was not sleeping. Plus, how do you explain my camera turning on at that exact moment but then says video lost. If no one was there, It wouldn’t have even registered. Since the incident I have bought even more cameras. If one fails, I have others now.
 

yeah, the only things you can see through my windows are my TV, Crock pots, toaster oven, coffee maker and a crap ton of dog toys and beds. My wife and I like a clean and simple look. 

 

No gun here either, but I have other means. my wife refuses to let me get one. I tried to talk her into something non lethal like a Byrna, but no dice. 
 

one thing that stands out to me is maybe one of the contractors I had at my house. One guy sticks out in my mind, but maybe I’m being judge mental because of his anger and  tattoos? I don’t care if people have tattoos, I grew up around bikers and metal heads. But, he had them all over his face including the eye drop tatoo. However, I understand that the eye drop tatoo doesn’t have the same significance it used to. But, He was here a day and a half. The contractor just hired him. Both days he was really nice to me. However, he rage quit right in front of me over nothing. The dude snapped, and I was like, woah, that is one violent dude. I saw him in Home Depot two weeks later and he walked up and we talked for a minute, still seemed nice. Like overly nice. 
 

I also had another guy asking about financial stuff like cost of pool equipment, house, taxes. I shut that dude down real quick. My family don’t even know those things. 

 

That sort of sounds like the ST situation.  Dudes were scouting the place while they worked around the house.  The overly nice s*** is def worrisome.

 

Second night I lived here, my upstairs neighbor got burglarized by a group of masked dudes.  One had a gun out as they jacked all his electronics.  Guy kept his blinds open and lights on all the time.  I'm willing to bet it was some dudes from the apartment across the way.  They got real anti social and moved out a month later.  Definitely studied the victim's schedule and layout.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:Definitely studied the victim's schedule and layout.


 Yeah, he definitely didn’t see my dogs the day and a half he was here. I had my boys upstairs.  He mostly worked outside, not inside. It was someone somewhat athletic because they had to climb over a concrete barrier that is about 8ft tall on the other side of my place. Although, they could have used a tree to brace against. But, still a big guy couldn’t do it. 
 

also, outside of doctors, I am here 24/7. Starting this week my wife is as well

 

or, like my mom said. It sounds like it was a ghost 😂although, to her credit a couple strange things have happened this past week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:


 Yeah, he definitely didn’t see my dogs the day and a half he was here. I had my boys upstairs.  He mostly worked outside, not inside. It was someone somewhat athletic because they had to climb over a concrete barrier that is about 8ft tall on the other side of my place. Although, they could have used a tree to brace against. But, still a big guy couldn’t do it. 
 

also, outside of doctors, I am here 24/7. Starting this week my wife is as well

 

or, like my mom said. It sounds like it was a ghost 😂although, to her credit a couple strange things have happened this past week

 

We have had a couple of creeps hovering around our hospital parking lot the past week.  One was spotted pulling on car door handles.  Generally, creeps show up regularly.

 

Pepper spray, knife, flashlight at all times.  I bleem that flashlight randomly.  Making my presence known.  These new flashlights are SERIOUS.  Love them.

 

I tend to mess with my porch light a lot if I feel a moment of vunerability.  Quiet, night time...just seems too "still".  Then I'll hit the outside area with the flashlight for a few seconds.

 

Unfortunately, meth heads will sometimes be numb to these warning signs.  Good to keep myself on alert, at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Nomination for dullest chorus in a song:

 

Abra, abracadabra

I want to reach out and grab ya

Abra, abracadabra

Abracadabra

 

-"Abracadabra," Steve Miller Band

Well Steve Miller Band are some ****ty lyricists. Let’s examine The Joker. Right off the bat, they rhyme “love” with “love”. Later, they rhyme “time” with “time”. That’s half of the total rhymes in the song. See and tree is another one… a kindergartner could have written this ****. Also, what the hell is a pompatus?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

We have had a couple of creeps hovering around our hospital parking lot the past week.  One was spotted pulling on car door handles.  Generally, creeps show up regularly.


my moms clinic has been hit several times even when they’ve been open. People just go in like they own the place. They just want drugs. Nothing else. Last year a guy walked right into their rear door and started stealing drugs. No one could get him to leave. 
 

But, back in the 90’s there were a few murders going around right near her work. The police eventually found the guy sleeping in their dumpster out back. It frightened the crap out of the women who worked there. They parked in that area. That is when they started taking precautions. But, they obviously aren’t full proof. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:


my moms clinic has been hit several times even when they’ve been open. People just go in like they own the place. They just want drugs. Nothing else. Last year a guy walked right into their rear door and started stealing drugs. No one could get him to leave. 
 

But, back in the 90’s there were a few murders going around right near her work. The police eventually found the guy sleeping in their dumpster out back. It frightened the crap out of the women who worked there. They parked in that area. That is when they started taking precautions. But, they obviously aren’t full proof. 

 

That is alarming to me.  Nothing serious has happened, but precautions prevented a few things from reaching the serious level.

 

I remember feeling paranoid and violated so much after the upstairs burglary that I wanted to move.  I got some basic door alarms, a fake surveillance camera, got my baseball bats out and spread em thru the place.  My guard isn't down, but the paranoia I hated to live with went away.  Sorry you're going thru that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

That is alarming to me.  Nothing serious has happened, but precautions prevented a few things from reaching the serious level.

 

I remember feeling paranoid and violated so much after the upstairs burglary that I wanted to move.  I got some basic door alarms, a fake surveillance camera, got my baseball bats out and spread em thru the place.  My guard isn't down, but the paranoia I hated to live with went away.  Sorry you're going thru that.


yeah, her clinic isn’t in a bad place. It’s really a few miles away from bad area. But, they do have an older convenience store close by that has lots of,problems. So they have had their visitors over the years. Nobody at the clinic has been physically hurt all these years. I grew up with these stories and they still happen today. When I was growing up she would leave work anywhere from 7-10 at night and she would be really scared because they didn’t have lights out back. Now a days she leaves between 3-5, 6 at the latest. So, daylight hours.

 

glad you haven’t had issues like that. I honestly just thought it came with the territory of working in a place that administers drugs.

 

I have a lot of stories such as this and they seem normal to me until someone else tells me otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:


yeah, her clinic isn’t in a bad place. It’s really a few miles away from bad area. But, they do have an older convenience store close by that has lots of,problems. So they have had their visitors over the years. Nobody at the clinic has been physically hurt all these years. I grew up with these stories and they still happen today. When I was growing up she would leave work anywhere from 7-10 at night and she would be really scared because they didn’t have lights out back. Now a days she leaves between 3-5, 6 at the latest. So, daylight hours.

 

glad you haven’t had issues like that. I honestly just thought it came with the territory of working in a place that administers drugs.

 

I have a lot of stories such as this and they seem normal to me until someone else tells me otherwise.

 

Wow!  Dude.

 

All of that is fascinating to me and I have my own stories about the intricacies of security detail overnight at this hospital.  It has been relatively calm, save for a few handfuls of incidences.

 

Tulsa is notorious for meth.  That's why I bring it up.  They can be immune to pain and pepper spray.

 

Usually they are so uncoordinated at that level, they they are easier to topple than an empty cup.

 

We are moving to a new facility in December.  Def more crime-friendly.  Friggin A.  I don't want to carry a gun.  Dammit, people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

Wow!  Dude.

 

All of that is fascinating to me and I have my own stories about the intricacies of security detail overnight at this hospital.  It has been relatively calm, save for a few handfuls of incidences.

 

Tulsa is notorious for meth.  That's why I bring it up.  They can be immune to pain and pepper spray.

 

Usually they are so uncoordinated at that level, they they are easier to topp

 

We are moving to a new facility in December.  Def more crime-friendly.  Friggin A.  I don't want to carry a gun.  Dammit, people.


I hear that on the crackheads.
 

But, everyone I know except one couple carries a gun. Or at least it seems that way. I’ve know one person all of my life that said that they pulled it out to defend themselves. That guy was also full of hyperbole. 
 

however, I’ve seen drunk family and friends pull them out all the time against other family members or even against random people on the road. I’ve known two dudes that have committed suicide, one of which I saw through the reflection through his house shade and heard the pop. I was around 10 years old and he was my dads best friend. 
 

 I had a friend and his sister murdered by their mother over spring break when i was in seventh grade. I was supposed to go spend the night at his house at that time as well. I also had a bully in ninth grade that tried to intimidate me. I stood my ground. he later called and apologized to me. He told me at that time that if he wanted to take care of me, he would have just came to my bus stop. I said ok, not thinking anything of it. A week later, my mom pulled me in to watch the news and asked me if I knew this kid. Yep, he killed a kid our age over drugs. 
 

so, that is a little part of the reason I say no to guns. Plus of my issues I’ve stated here before and my wife is like…nope, not happening. 

 

non of this is made up and I grew up in middle America. We were never poor, but lots of drunks, druggies and guns. But, the only times I have ever felt truly like my life was in danger because of guns are because of family members. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:


I hear that on the crackheads.
 

But, everyone I know except one couple carries a gun. Or at least it seems that way. I’ve know one person all of my life that said that they pulled it out to defend themselves. That guy was also full of hyperbole. 
 

however, I’ve seen drunk family and friends pull them out all the time against other family members or even against random people on the road. I’ve known two dudes that have committed suicide, one of which I saw through the reflection through his house shade and heard the pop. I was around 10 years old and he was my dads best friend. 
 

 I had a friend and his sister murdered by their mother over spring break when i was in seventh grade. I was supposed to go spend the night at his house at that time as well. I also had a bully in ninth grade that tried to intimidate me. I stood my ground. he later called and apologized to me. He told me at that time that if he wanted to take care of me, he would have just came to my bus stop. I said ok, not thinking anything of it. A week later, my mom pulled me in to watch the news and asked me if I knew this kid. Yep, he killed a kid our age over drugs. 
 

so, that is a little part of the reason I say no to guns. Plus of my issues I’ve stated here before and my wife is like…nope, not happening. 

 

non of this is made up and I grew up in middle America. We were never poor, but lots of drunks, druggies and guns. But, the only times I have ever felt truly like my life was in danger because of guns are because of family members. 

 

You and I have similar experiences, and opinions on owning a firearm.

 

Since we're deep in to this now, my mom randomly stuck a .357 to her own head once.  Backed in to her bedroom and locked the door.  "Goodbye, son".  Long story short, I talked to her, then SWAT got to her.

 

If that's MY bloodline?  Nope.  No guns for ya boy.

 

I may have killed a few people already.

 

I'm ready to throw hands and whatever else in the name of "defending the house".....but if I had a gun.....

 

 

Whew.

 

Such a quandary.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Strongest part of Steve Miller's sound was the drumming.  Funky, no overplaying.  Great stuff for intermediate rock drummers.

I had some uppity city girls in my car back in my twenties and Ind happen to have my Steve Miller band CD in and they were clowning it. I listen to everything Wu Tang to classical to alt-country, obscure indie bands… EVERYTHING. 

Annoying with their judgy music nonsense.

  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I had some uppity city girls in my car back in my twenties and Ind happen to have my Steve Miller band CD in and they were clowning it. I listen to everything Wu Tang to classical to alt-country, obscure indie bands… EVERYTHING. 

Annoying with their judgy music nonsense.

 

To be fair, there is a place for judging music.  I'm like, the guiltiest mf on here when it comes to that.

 

Women, for the most part, have horrible tastes in music.  So if you slapped some Wu Tang on, they most likely would've hated that too.

 

Steve Miller has got some good stuff for sure.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

Women, for the most part, have horrible tastes in music.  So if you slapped some Wu Tang on, they most likely would've hated that too.

Da ****?  :rolleyes:

 

Update:  Interview and paperwork are complete,  I've been welcomed to the team by the team, so that's cool.  While I was there, I heard talk of being open on Thanksgiving, but whatever.  I only work days, so a decent dinner can still be had. 

Gummies have been consumed.  Let's go, Caps! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mary is a rare case.  But even she'll post a Beal-level dud like its nothing.

 

Tired of the labeling.  Not sexist, cracking a joke.  I've worked with 95% women for the past 12 years.  They are phenoms at what they are phenoms at.

 

Which is chit chatting.

 

Jk.

 

Almost all of their musical tastes, my sisters and mothers musical tastes, my girlfriends.  Yeesh.

 

RI outright Peace, Norm Macdonald.  Tough climate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Mary is a rare case.  But even she'll post a Beal-level dud like its nothing.

 

Tired of the labeling.  Not sexist, cracking a joke.  I've worked with 95% women for the past 12 years.  They are phenoms at what they are phenoms at.

 

Which is chit chatting.

 

Jk.

 

Almost all of their musical tastes, my sisters and mothers musical tastes, my girlfriends.  Yeesh.

 

RI outright Peace, Norm Macdonald.  Tough climate.

I'd like to challenge the duds...and I don't dud-level the duds.  There are just some things that are not my style. 

For one, I enjoy understanding the lyrics.  A whole bunch of drama/sound effects don't do it.  I was trained by Dr. Rhonda Fleming ( East Carolina U.)  She was an alto with the best soprano operative I have ever heard.  One song, she made us altos follow the sopranos, because she wanted it that emphatic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...