Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That’s a really nice guitar!  What kind of amp is it?

Yeah…. 

crate gt212. 120 watts

its his old amp he’s not using. 

so. This cable has a straight end and a 90 degree end. Which one goes on the guitar. I realize it works either way but I have a feeling one way is the way people who don’t know what they’re doing use :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah…. 

crate gt212. 120 watts

its his old amp he’s not using. 

so. This cable has a straight end and a 90 degree end. Which one goes on the guitar. I realize it works either way but I have a feeling one way is the way people who don’t know what they’re doing use :)

Strat-style input jack pretty much requires you use the straight end on the guitar.

Fairly certain the Crate is a solid state piece, so you don’t have to worry about warming up/replacing tubes.  Just familiarize yourself with the relationship between preamp volume/gain and master volume/gain on the rhythm/solo channels and you should be able to get some really nice tones out of it.

*RAWK*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back when I was in high school, I was huge computer nerd and in my Computer Science classes I'd finish the assignments in a day and then putz around for the rest of the week while my classmates did their assignments.  With all that extra time, I'd build elaborate promos in PASCAL for my pretend music festival (this was during a time of peak music festivals-- HFStival, Lilith Fair, Tibetan Freedom Concert, etc.), complete with names of artists fading in and out and background music.  The names of artists always changed, but the two headliners always remained the same-- Billy Joel and Metallica.  This was mostly because 1) I legitimately like both of them, and 2) I thought it was hilarious to juxtapose them together.  Anyways, imagine my surprise this week, 25 years later, when I saw this on instagram:

EDIT: Yes I'm going. I already have the Billy Joel tickets.  Working on Metallica.

Metallica, Billy Joel Plan Back-To-Back Nights at Allegiant Stadium

Edited by balki1867
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Abnb guy next door, this week, drives a Tahoe with private NY plates (I'm in NM) that's all gussied up like a cop car.  Works out with the garage door open.  I believe he's one of those militia ****s that get in the border patrol's way and think they're saving America. 

See if you can find him in any of the insurrection pictures.

8 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Abnb guy next door, this week, drives a Tahoe with private NY plates (I'm in NM) that's all gussied up like a cop car.  Works out with the garage door open.  I believe he's one of those militia ****s that get in the border patrol's way and think they're saving America. 

When I was driving to Niagara, I passed a place in upstate New York that had not one but two deer crossing signs with multiple bullet holes in it.  Then the Trump signs.  Might as well have been middle of nowhere Pennsylvania, my perspective of this country hasn't been the same since.

Edited by Renegade7

A friend down the road wanted to buy me a spider to put in my yard. I said no, you’re not buying anything for my yard. My wife wanted to just get one off of Amazon. They looked so dumb on the site. I told them I would make one…so I thought I would share with y’all. It’s about 8’ x 8’ x about 2.5’-3’. The cocoon is about 5’

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

A friend down the road wanted to buy me a spider to put in my yard. I said no, you’re not buying anything for my yard. My wife wanted to just get one off of Amazon. They looked so dumb on the site. I told them I would make one…so I thought I would share with y’all. It’s about 8’ x 8’ x about 2.5’-3’. The cocoon is about 5’

Thanks, I hate it.

• Haha 3

On 10/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

What is that in front of the spider...a condom?

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What is that in front of the spider...a condom?

Haha, that’s hilarious. I didn’t notice that. It is very veiny though, and looks like it had testicular cancer, it’s the unaballer. 

It’s supposed to be the spun cocoon of a human. Bad angle it,took I guess. I just wrapped up a plastic pumpkin head, used an old pool filter for the body, some pipe insulation for the legs and at the end are a pair of shoes. I just wrapped it in a paint tarp and put fake webbing around it. There is also an eyeball popping through the head of the webbing. You really can’t see it. 

also, you forgot lol in your post….you need to stay on track…

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

6 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

also, you forgot lol in your post….you need to stay on track…

I was too freaked out by the spider to "lol" lol...my immediate response was "Oh. **** no, no no no, that's gotta be fake right, gotta be fa--oh, whew, it's fake. Jeebus."

Then I noticed the condom lol..

• Haha 1