Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Now I know how Al Capone felt as his brain was ravaged by syphilitic dementia. Pretty soon I'll be a vegetable, just pissing and ****ting all over myself all day long.

Better than someone else doing that too you. Unless you're into that?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Now I know how Al Capone felt as his brain was ravaged by syphilitic dementia. Pretty soon I'll be a vegetable, just pissing and ****ting all over myself all day long.

I think you should go the Bobby Fischer senile-route.  Exile to Iceland, hate the USA, grow a giant dirty beard and beat grandmasters online randomly.

Ok maybe not the last part.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Found some good stuff...it's called "Haze Gray and Underway".  I still can't believe I painted that damn thing. 

Edit, add:  the evening I got stuck in a "hazardous material" drill was funny...I had absolutely nothing on under my coveralls, thank God that the Hospital Corpsman who was supposed to do my "strip clean" was also my roommate off base, so he just laughed at me and sent me home.  

20211021_090011.jpg

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 2

Networked myself into a job this morning.  Boss said they hire between $12-13/hr + tips.  He told me to ask for $13.50, I'll get it.  ;)  (He was the owner of the Mexican place I worked at for 10 years, now with a local Greek chain that we both loved back in the day)...he's been with them for about 5 years now, and I asked if he was happy...he said, "If I'm not running my own place, yeah, this is good."  He also teaches ServeSafe  in both English and Spanish, so I can get that certification (I'd never had a reason to need it, but who knows what the future holds...) 

Life is good, once again, finally.  Maybe now I can sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't be the only one who thinks someone in Utah called the Warner Brothers offices and was like "Hey, we're re-designing our license plates and we thought that the background of a Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner cartoon would make a great license plate.  What's your fee for such an item?

In defense of Utah, I just readily assume all of it looks like that... You know, once you make it past all the religious hippy communes and (likely) dusty ass antique shops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Networked myself into a job this morning.  Boss said they hire between $12-13/hr + tips.  He told me to ask for $13.50, I'll get it.  ;)  (He was the owner of the Mexican place I worked at for 10 years, now with a local Greek chain that we both loved back in the day)...he's been with them for about 5 years now, and I asked if he was happy...he said, "If I'm not running my own place, yeah, this is good."  He also teaches ServeSafe  in both English and Spanish, so I can get that certification (I'd never had a reason to need it, but who knows what the future holds...) 

Life is good, once again, finally.  Maybe now I can sleep. 

Good to hear 👍🏼

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hexum_Peluce.jpg

Hadn't thought about this show (Voyagers) in probably a few years..but I never realized the main actor accidentally killed himself with a prop gun a few years later. Also, the kid is the half brother of Punky Brewster. 

Anyways, went down a rabbit hole after reading about that terrible accident on the Alec Baldwin film and discovered that Voyagers in on Amazon Prime. Do I dare watch something I haven't seen since I was 8? 

^ I was about to post something about that. I don't understand why prop guns have real bullets in them. Must have been a horrible mistake. I don't know anything about guns so maybe there are bullets but they aren't supposed to be projected....I dunno. I can't see why a real gun would be on set. 

And sorry to read about that, Fan since a Fetus. Must have been scary. I was gonna quote you but on my phone and don't wanna get fancy. Hopefully over time you can feel more safe and less anxious about the situation. Probably some snooper looking for an opportunity to steal. Those people are the worst. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hexum_Peluce.jpg

Hadn't thought about this show (Voyagers) in probably a few years..but I never realized the main actor accidentally killed himself with a prop gun a few years later. Also, the kid is the half brother of Punky Brewster. 

Anyways, went down a rabbit hole after reading about that terrible accident on the Alec Baldwin film and discovered that Voyagers in on Amazon Prime. Do I dare watch something I haven't seen since I was 8? 

Bruce Lee's son, Brandon Lee, also died from an accident involving a prop gun.  To make it even worse, the guy who shot the prop gun on set was a friend of Brandon's, and it really scarred him for life.

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

^ I was about to post something about that. I don't understand why prop guns have real bullets in them.

They don't, but the so-called blanks can still be dangerous.  I think there are different types of blanks, with different amounts of gun powder depending on how the prop gun is being used in a particular scene.

16 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

They don't, but the so-called blanks can still be dangerous.  I think there are different types of blanks, with different amounts of gun powder depending on how the prop gun is being used in a particular scene.

That's crazy.  My basic understanding of guns/bullets is that bullets get projected from the gun at a very fast rate and enter the body, causing damage.  Just doing a quick google search, they say blanks have gunpowder that produce a flash and explosive sounds.  The curious part in me wants to know what exactly killed that poor woman, all the technical stuff.  

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

That's crazy.  My basic understanding of guns/bullets is that bullets get projected from the gun at a very fast rate and enter the body, causing damage.  Just doing a quick google search, they say blanks have gunpowder that produce a flash and explosive sounds.  The curious part in me wants to know what exactly killed that poor woman, all the technical stuff.  

even blanks have some form of projectile, I believe.  Something's gotta pack that powder into the casing.

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

even blanks have some form of projectile, I believe.  Something's gotta pack that powder into the casing.

Ah I see.  Damn...in that case I think they should probably start thinking about not using blanks on movie sets anymore.  Someone on Twitter was saying that with CGI they may not be necessary anymore.

Reading this gave me more info on blanks and how they can be dangerous.  I'd like to know how far away the woman was from Baldwin.

https://www.quora.com/At-what-distance-is-the-impact-of-a-blank-cartridge-fatal

Edited by abdcskins

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The tldr of post from 2 weeks ago:

I made a long post about someone opening my back laundry/pool door while I sat on my couch with a large view of my backyard and pool. My dogs saw this person and were wagging their tales, so I thought it was my wife and I didn’t get up because I was expecting her home any minute and my dogs weren’t acting like it was a stranger. The back door opened and my boys took off running towards the door and the person shut it really hard and took off. It was either my dogs or the extreme metal that I was playing that scared them off. 

My current situation:

anyways, I used to be a very light sleeper. I’ve gotten better over the years. But since this incident I’ve been a very light sleeper again. The incident didn’t seem to bother me much. I was like, eh, it happened. However, I am waking up with every single sound at night thinking someone is there. I have alarms, cameras and two dogs, one of which always barks and will definitely bite if he doesn’t like you. I have to keep telling myself no one is there. I’m not too worried when I am awake, however, it must be affecting me since I am sleeping so lightly. 

Sounds like you have a good defense set up.

One thing I've done, and is hard to pull off, is keeping what I have that is expensive through windows and sliding glass doors, out of view.

They love being able to observe that s***.

Sometimes I will dangle a piece of expensive-something thru viewpoints and suddenly go outside, then stare any meth head down.  They are out there.  They're looking for low hanging fruit.  Scare them off.

You'll be ok.  I have a pocket knife on me at all times, and pepper spray when I'm out and about.  Gun?  No.  I don't trust myself with one.

The recency-adrenaline from that incident will fade my man...just like anything.

Brandon Lee's death was slightly different, and involved negligence and bad decisions.

First, they wanted a scene where the bullets in the gun (a revolver, so you can see the ammunition partially) looked real. They took bullets, emptied the powder from them, and then fired the gun in a scene. Unfortunately, the primer held enough energy to push the bullet forward even without powder in the casing. The bullet got stuck inside the barrel and they didn't realize it.

After that scene, the gun was not inspected and cleaned properly, so no one noticed the stuck bullet. For the next scene they wanted a big flash and bang, so they loaded a blank into the gun. The powder in the blank ejected the stuck bullet at fatal velocity, killing Brandon. Apparently they didn't even know what had happened at first and thought Brandon was just joking when he was laying on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Sounds like you have a good defense set up.

One thing I've done, and is hard to pull off, is keeping what I have that is expensive through windows and sliding glass doors, out of view.

They love being able to observe that s***.

Sometimes I will dangle a piece of expensive-something thru viewpoints and suddenly go outside, then stare any meth head down.  They are out there.  They're looking for low hanging fruit.  Scare them off.

You'll be ok.  I have a pocket knife on me at all times, and pepper spray when I'm out and about.  Gun?  No.  I don't trust myself with one.

The recency-adrenaline from that incident will fade my man...just like anything.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus