Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

And what is this laundry thing?  Oh, right...I work again.  

I haven't needed to do much other than pajama pants and socks/towels & such for a year (my T-shirt collection is mind-blowing and really piling up, but I still have a giant bin and 2 drawers to pull from, so all of that can wait)...I just never thought I'd even be remotely close to running out of detergent.  (I keep a small cheap backup bottle, but I've never had to use it...this is weird.)  I gotta get back into the game.  :ols:

Don't ever have an issue with a Grubhub order.  I just spent an hour taking food back, fighting with GH to get my money back, ordered the same stuff from the restaurant I SHOULD have ordered from, picked it up...then just had to get a piece of tres leche cake from the awesome Mexican place next door to make my evening better. 

If I spent 5 minutes working for a place that won't make **** right, that would be my only 5 minutes there.  Holy cow. 

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Don't ever have an issue with a Grubhub order.  I just spent an hour taking food back, fighting with GH to get my money back, ordered the same stuff from the restaurant I SHOULD have ordered from, picked it up...then just had to get a piece of tres leche cake from the awesome Mexican place next door to make my evening better. 

If I spent 5 minutes working for a place that won't make **** right, that would be my only 5 minutes there.  Holy cow. 

i have had issues with my chipotle’s delivery service, which is a third party of some kind.  They’ve delivered it to someone else twice in a row forcing me to spend entirely too much time on the website getting my money back.  

Today I decided to order pickup, thinking it was a third party delivery issue.  I was wrong, this chipotle just sucks.  They got my order wrong again, but that isn’t the best part.  What really made the experience special was experiencing the idiots that work there in person.  Had no issue with them making the correct one but at the register these idiots argued, between the three standing there, over which of them would put my new burrito in the bag.  Why this matters?  Unknowable.

Once negotiations ended and the burrito was safely placed into a bag it sat on their side of the counter with the other food that hadn’t been rung up while they argued over how to fix it in the register.  One of them says “did you check to see if he really returned the burrito”, and all three of them look into the bag I handed them.  Satisfied that I’m not scamming them out of a single burrito, one of them, with way too much attitude, pushes the bag at me and says “you can go” and walked off.  

and that’s  how it took me well over an hour to have a mediocre burrito for dinner.  lol

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

i have had issues with my chipotle’s delivery service, which is a third party of some kind.  They’ve delivered it to someone else twice in a row forcing me to spend entirely too much time on the website getting my money back.  

Today I decided to order pickup, thinking it was a third party delivery issue.  I was wrong, this chipotle just sucks.  They got my order wrong again, but that isn’t the best part.  What really made the experience special was experiencing the idiots that work there in person.  Had no issue with them making the correct one but at the register these idiots argued, between the three standing there, over which of them would put my new burrito in the bag.  Why this matters?  Unknowable.

Once negotiations ended and the burrito was safely placed into a bag it sat on their side of the counter with the other food that hadn’t been rung up while they argued over how to fix it in the register.  One of them says “did you check to see if he really returned the burrito”, and all three of them look into the bag I handed them.  Satisfied that I’m not scamming them out of a single burrito, one of them, with way too much attitude, pushes the bag at me and says “you can go” and walked off.  

and that how it took my well over an hour to have a mediocre burrito for dinner.  lol

Chipotle never gets my order right either.

And that's exactly what I went through...no fewer than 10 people checked out the bag.  Part of it's wrong, so I don't know about the rest, you're getting it all back. 

I've been doing food for almost 40 years, and no one ever leaves my restaurant unhappy.  Ever.  I work really ****ing hard to make sure they come back, that's how our money is made, repeat business.  Just blew my mind that with an empty dining room they chose to make me make a scene.  (And I don't do that...I'm usually extremely forgiving because I know the biz.  

But I made sure it went in their trash, not mine. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Chipotle never gets my order right either.

And that's exactly what I went through...no fewer than 10 people checked out the bag.  Part of it's wrong, so I don't know about the rest, you're getting it all back. 

I've been doing food for almost 40 years, and no one ever leaves my restaurant unhappy.  Ever.  I work really ****ing hard to make sure they come back, that's how our money is made, repeat business.  Just blew my mind that with an empty dining room they chose to make me make a scene.  (And I don't do that...I'm usually extremely forgiving because I know the biz.  

But I made sure it went in their trash, not mine. 

Chipotle is a big corporate entity employing a bunch of kids not paid enough to care.  Can't say I'm shocked.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

and that how it took my well over an hour to have a mediocre burrito for dinner.  lol

Your chipotle is terrible and I blame management. When I worked at chipotle we comped people left and right if there was stuff wrong. But some customers are dicks. 

like this one time this customer was complaining their burrito wasn’t made right like half way through eating it and asked for a refund and for some reason he slammed the burrito on the counter making a mess. 

I do not miss those days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Jabbyrwock I'm basically offering them a favor because they keep saying they are understaffed, my preccessors did the same thing, should be an easy sell *knocks on wood

In my experience with sysadmins, they have an overdeveloped sense of control.  Its not about favors.  They would rather see every device blue screened before seeding even a little control on one...even if the person they seed control to has been building computers, coding and assembling networks since they were 10 (as a non-specific example).

But i wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

In my experience with sysadmins, they have an overdeveloped sense of control.  Its not about favors.  They would rather see every device blue screened before seeding even a little control on one...even if the person they seed control to has been building computers, coding and assembling networks since they were 10 (as a non-specific example).

But i wish you the best of luck.

As a former sys admin, I can speak to this as fact.  People will ask for admin level privileges and not know what they are doing and it comes back to haunt everyone. 

Some folks jus know the right folks and there's not much you can do to stop them, it makes IT people paranoid of users, and rightfully so, they arent trained for the access they are being given and make tickets for the folks that do to clean up their mess.

My new coworker was expecting us to be doing security tools ourselves because that's common for our position in the industry.  So hopefully the sell isn't that hard nor is it to the folks that normally do the work, its to the folks above them.  This would be my first time being on the other side of the conversation concerning business needs vs security.

• Thumb up 1

My favorite hobby is bodysurfing. 

Boogie boarding can be great in decent waves.  Not huge waves and not small waves.  Regular surfing (standing on a board is overrated UNTIL you get in to those large and super large waves, from what I've seen.  Like the difference between a kiddie roller coaster and an all-world roller coaster, with your hands up.

Body surfing is awesome in all sized waves that are worth a damn.

I remember those rare days where the ocean was almost placid like a lake.  Worst bummer.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

My favorite hobby is bodysurfing. 

Boogie boarding can be great in decent waves.  Not huge waves and not small waves.  Regular surfing (standing on a board is overrated UNTIL you get in to those large and super large waves, from what I've seen.  Like the difference between a kiddie roller coaster and an all-world roller coaster, with your hands up.

Body surfing is awesome in all sized waves that are worth a damn.

I remember those rare days where the ocean was almost placid like a lake.  Worst bummer.

Poor you.  Stuck in a place that is 8 hours drive away from the nearest beach.