Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Wife and I were supposed to graduate together with masters and our school canceled it, mailed us the diplomas.  We still haven't gone in our honeymoon yet.  COVID stole a lot of memories from a lot of people.

My wife and I delayed our honeymoon for a little over a year.  It ended up being a great decision because looking forward to the wedding got me through a ****ty year, and then looking forward to the honeymoon got me through the most hectic year of my life. Then the actual honeymoon was the best 2 weeks of my life where I didn’t have a new child. 

I’d try to keep your mindset away from “Covid stole” and focus on what will eventually happen, even if delayed. ****, keep saving and make it ****ing baller. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I used to work for a catering company that did weddings/receptions.  We had 2 attorneys pay $26,000 cash for a reception, got married at a different venue.  Imagine what we charged on the low end for the whole shebang. 

My advice from the outside is:  save up for a fabulous honeymoon.   It may be the last REAL vacation you get alone together. 

The money, pressure, and drama to make ONE day of your whole wretched life seem somewhat great isn't worth it. 

(FTR, we got married at the courthouse in matching Duke T-shirts.  The judge loved it.  :headbang:)

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Add me to the "honeymoon budget > wedding budget" column.  We put our money into the honeymoon. 

Our wedding cost $160 total, that's how much the notary charged for marriages.  Wife and I were in jeans and t-shirts, and the "ceremony" was at a park across the street from my job so two coworkers could come and be our witnesses on their lunch break.  Whole thing lasted about 8 minutes.

We hopped in the car and drove to the docks (lived in Seattle at the time) and hopped on a cruise to Alaska for 8 days.  The Glacier Bay view is a life-changer.  

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My wife and I delayed our honeymoon for a little over a year.  It ended up being a great decision because looking forward to the wedding got me through a ****ty year, and then looking forward to the honeymoon got me through the most hectic year of my life. Then the actual honeymoon was the best 2 weeks of my life where I didn’t have a new child. 

I’d try to keep your mindset away from “Covid stole” and focus on what will eventually happen, even if delayed. ****, keep saving and make it ****ing baller. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 

You’re short 17 minutes and 24 seconds.

I haven't rooted for a fighter in a few years as much as I'm rooting for Evander Holyfield tonight.  Mostly rooting for him not to get hit hard, worried.  Fight doesn't feel right to me.  His opponent is a well known cheater in his previous MMA career, and would absolutely blast people.  I mean...not too long ago, either.  He got hopped up on testosterone and whatever else late in his career and was an animal.  Granted most of his devastation was via kicks at that time, but Evander seems punch drunk and his opponent is probably back on the juice.

Seriously, screw Vitor Belfort.  I hope Evander ni-nights him brutally.

Footnote:  It's the dude Anderson Silva scored his most famous KO on.  The frontkick to the face.

Anderson boxes Tito Ortiz in the co-main tonight.  Twilight Zone s***.  Tito is either getting wrecked, or we seriously are living in another dimension.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I haven't rooted for a fighter in a few years as much as I'm rooting for Evander Holyfield tonight.  Mostly rooting for him not to get hit hard, worried.  Fight doesn't feel right to me.  His opponent is a well known cheater in his previous MMA career, and would absolutely blast people.  I mean...not too long ago, either.  He got hopped up on testosterone and whatever else late in his career and was an animal.  Granted most of his devastation was via kicks at that time, but Evander seems punch drunk and his opponent is probably back on the juice.

Seriously, screw Vitor Belfort.  I hope Evander ni-nights him brutally.

Footnote:  It's the dude Anderson Silva scored his most famous KO on.  The frontkick to the face.

Anderson boxes Tito Ortiz in the co-main tonight.  Twilight Zone s***.  Tito is either getting wrecked, or we seriously are living in another dimension.

Sad that these guys seem to have egos that are too big and so few other options in their life for earning money that they feel they need to fight at an age when they should be retired (Holyfield is 58).  I think they have too many people whispering in their ear that they've still got it; people who don't necessarily have their best interests in mind, but are hangers on, trying to cash in on the older fighter's fame).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Does Holyfield need the money? Dude's 58yo. He should be lounging on a beach eating bon-bons & drinking margaritas. 

I saw an interview with him about it the other day...granted, I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention, but he doesn't need the money, stays in shape, and just wants to do it.

He's got businesses here in ATL, I think he still lives here.

It's really starting to feel like I turn 40 next year.  

This annoying fly kept buzzing around my head while sitting on the porch, so I took a swipe at it.  I pulled something in my shoulder and now it aches :(.  

Had to take a TUMS earlier because I forgot to select the milder of the salsas on my burrito from Chipotle and my stomach was on fire.  

At this point I'm ready to look at the flowers. 

• Sad 1