Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Disney Cruise, bro.

Yeah, I get it. I was us trying to have fun. Apologies.

Also, I miss Oderus.

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, I get it. I was us trying to have fun. Apologies.

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Also, I miss Oderus.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

On 9/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I played the greatest game of chess of my life last night right up until I made the absolute stupidest move and only thing that I possibly could have done to blow the game after which I was immediately mated in one.

That's why you need to do tactics. Playing chess, including studying openings and strategy, without doing enough work on your tactics is like ... spending all your time in the film room but none in the weight room. If you are a tactics monster you can crush your opponents even if they are otherwise better prepared than you.

• Like 1

Throwing this out there.

Our "new" asst manager (been here for a couple years) is toxic as hell, and has me on the ropes.  Perhaps it's her ego?  Her borderline sociopathic disregard?  She is combative, will have crying and cussing arguments with people...and I stay away, as much as I have bottled-up regarding her.

I earned the right to choose my schedule early on...5 years ago.  She gets control of the schedule and gave me an EXTRA bull**** shift.  Went from 4 shifts to 5, and the new shift sucked.  I sucked it up and did it anyway.

Finally had enough, put my foot down and told her the schedule I want.  I even kept the 5th shift.  She adjusted the schedule for me.  Ok.

NOW, she has added another shift.  6 ****ing shifts out of the 14 the week provides...and it's the worst possible shift I could have.  It's the afternoon/night shift before my marathon workload.  She pulled this crap on me after royally ****ing up the vacation time she handed out last month.  I called-out.  Cough cough, I was sick. 😒

I told her in a very kind text last week that I pride myself on working hard, but I need to be realistic and say that I will burn out quickly if I work my new schedule.  She said she was going on vacation, and that we can discuss it next week.  Mind you, she posts dumb memes on FB all day, even on vacation...but she doesn't have time for this apparently.

It's been on my mind so much, and what I really want to do is cuss her disgusting lame nobody ass out like she deserves.  I will get fired on the spot.

So to the question.  My next shift is the BRAND NEW bull**** shift she suddenly put me on for later this week.  Do I come in and talk to her...or go directly to the HR manager and owner/Dr?

I feel like a **** not talking to her first, but she might get me pissed to the point where I'm not thinking rationally.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 helicopters are currently circling my house. 

Yall gonna need a warrant. 

29 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Throwing this out there.

I feel for you my man, but how you handle this depends 100% on how willing you are to walk away and find a new job.  

If you are, you have all the leverage in the world.  If you aren’t, enjoy your new schedule. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

****.  I'm annoyed by her just reading your story LOL.  Definitely don't blow up though, man.  That won't help anything.  

It sounds like you've tried to talk to her about your schedule several times and she's been dismissive or just doesn't care.  

The hell with feeling bad, I'd go to HR.  if she's new and this bad already, it will probably get worse.  She's a bamma. 

::Edit:: you've been there a while so your coming to HR should carry some weight.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So to the question.  My next shift is the BRAND NEW bull**** shift she suddenly put me on for later this week.  Do I come in and talk to her...or go directly to the HR manager and owner/Dr?

I feel like a **** not talking to her first, but she might get me pissed to the point where I'm not thinking rationally.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I lost a game of chess in a new worst way yesterday. Played for 30 minutes, completely outplayed the guy. All I had to do was move my Queen to mate him. Had my thumb on the spot (was playing on my phone) when my dog came over and nudged my hand with her nose because she wanted me to pet her causing me to put my Queen on an unprotected square where it was immediately captured.

I resigned.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys.  I really appreciate your advice, gives me strength.

I'm letting it settle, for now.  I live here on the weekends, literally.  Have 6 pitbulls, an attack german shepherd, a wolf...I'm safe.

But not from this c-word.

Problem is I have 3 tiny dogs that feel lost if I'm not around.  I bring them to work with me every time.  No charge.  However, everyone understands I'm a nutty workaholic overloard.  Unique situation.

Can I find that elsewhere?

HR getting a reality check.

• Like 2