Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

39 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The "Rush in Rio" video might be online by now, it's absolutely amazing...we saw it before we went and spent about $300 at the show (he got the baseball jersey, I got the soccer jersey and the Rio video). 

I've only kept about 5 things of his, and that jersey is one of them.  We had great seats, but the air wouldn't move so we went to the lawn. 

The best part of that concert is YYZ.  Like you said, the crowd is full of rabid fans and they sing along to songs, but since YYZ has no lyrics - they sing the song's guitar parts, lol.

It's on youtube:

• Like 2

Kinda fun news. Just got a note from my picture book publisher. She wanted to know if I'd be okay if they produced a Spanish version of my book to release. I guess they are excited about the project.

I am too. This is my first picture book and it's an idea that's floated in my head since high school.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

It’s really really hard to like people. No matter what you do, there is always someone there to say you are ****ing up. 

Or someone undermining, which is what I'm dealing with right now.

Fighting back finally, in a roundabout way.  I cant flip my s*** directly.  They are women.  They can fight with each other all they want, none of them get punished.  Second I raise my voice, it's Assault.  So I show how disgruntled I am by taking it as easy as possible.  I call in sick, late...they all freak out.  Well....get a clue.

I don't care anymore.  For SO long I cared SO much.  The prestige is ignored...until I give them a reality check.  "Omg, we have to operate without him!  Sound the alarm!!!"

I will laugh my ass off when the 9000 pound c-word who has been ruining my life here dies of a heart attack.

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't care anymore.  For SO long I cared SO much.  The prestige is ignored...until I give them a reality check.  "Omg, we have to operate without him!  Sound the alarm!!!"

I will laugh my ass off when the 9000 pound c-word who has been ruining my life here dies of a heart attack.

Yeah, I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I know that you have posted so much about taking care of dogs and etc...I hate to hear that you are not enjoying your job. It always seemed that it wasn't a job so much to you but more of a sense of pride taking care of animals that cannot take care of themselves. I always loved your posts. I really hope that you figure a way through all of this and continue on through what makes you seem alive (at least from what you have shared with us). I am 100% in your corner and look forward to positive posts in the future.

Also, I don't feel like I should care too much anymore either. I mean, I should just do what I do and not really take anyone else's opinion. I told a person this years ago and they don't even take their partners opinion in to account anymore. I said 'if they are mad no matter what you do, why do you worry about their opinion?' They've gone full throttle and don't take into consideration what their partner thinks at all. Just the opposite of what I expected.

As with most things in life...Oh Well.....

6 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I know that you have posted so much about taking care of dogs and etc...I hate to hear that you are not enjoying your job. It always seemed that it wasn't a job so much to you but more of a sense of pride taking care of animals that cannot take care of themselves. I always loved your posts. I really hope that you figure a way through all of this and continue on through what makes you seem alive (at least from what you have shared with us). I am 100% in your corner and look forward to positive posts in the future.

Also, I don't feel like I should care too much anymore either. I mean, I should just do what I do and not really take anyone else's opinion. I told a person this years ago and they don't even take their partners opinion in to account anymore. I said 'if they are mad no matter what you do, why do you worry about their opinion?' They've gone full throttle and don't take into consideration what their partner thinks at all. Just the opposite of what I expected.

Are you asking others for their opinions? Or are they unsolicited?

Truthfully, others are entitled to their opinions. As are you. Fair or not. And they’re also entitled to have their hearts broken by their expectations. Stop trying to be responsible for saving them from their disappointment. And only take responsibility for your own thoughts/emotions/behaviour. 🙂

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone been following that crazy story about the missing girl Gabby Petitto? Holy ****. 

The one who got the swollen testicles after selling french nuclear submarines to the Australians at a rally today?  Yup...crazy.

(full disclosure: I drink sometimes)

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

You just injected jet fuel in to my work with that post.  Thank you.  I suddenly realized, after reading that, what I do this for.  The animals are getting royally set up for their weekend stay.  I'm about to take an old schnauzer who I met when she was 4, and is now 10, for a walk.  It's been a while since I've taken a dog for a simple walk.

The problem is runt-people in power positions.  I keep thinking of the first episode of Band of Brothers, where David Schwimmer plays Captain Sobel.  He's an entire bamma, and the company signs letters of mutiny saying they refuse to be lead by him.  They could've been executed for doing it, but still go through with it...and eventually their stance is respected.  The Captain is ousted.

What I am doing right now is getting back in to the "art".  Painting a beautiful picture in what I truly love.  All while feeling completely numb to others' opinions and whatnot.  Not that people think less of me, it's just that I used to care so much.  They love me, but guess what, I don't care anymore.  I will continue to help, have a freakish 6th sense, and act like I always have.  I am done with the anxiety, though.  Done.

Time to walk a dog.  Scout.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What I am doing right now is getting back in to the "art".  Painting a beautiful picture in what I truly love.  All while feeling completely numb to others' opinions and whatnot.  Not that people think less of me, it's just that I used to care so much.  They love me, but guess what, I don't care anymore.  I will continue to help, have a freakish 6th sense, and act like I always have.  I am done with the anxiety, though.  Done.

^^This

It's a constant topic, as I have gotten older I have worked hard at letting go, gonna have a family crest with "Not my problem" on it but many people don't get the underlying dynamic and see it as a big FU to everyone and I'll just do what I want.

That's not it at all, in fact it's almost the exact opposite of it. When you let go of every little nitpicky criticism or opinion, when you start to see the big picture and finally realize that you are part of the big picture, when you stop trying to sort out all those voices and just listen to yourself, it gets easier. Easier to stay with the job, easier to focus, easier to be a better person just by being a real person. All about perspective. When someone waggin that finger in your face starts up with "I don't understand why you're doing that!", hear them, THEY don't understand. That's not on me. That's about their due diligence.

Stress is a self-inflicted wound, cutting yourself to get attention. When you choose to not, the rest gets easier and more meaningful.

Sounds like you get it.

• Thumb up 1

Heard Elliott talking about this last week. Kind of sad to see it go*

Hawaii’s Famous Haiku Stairs Will Be Dismantled, Officials Say

The well-known tourist attraction is actually a huge headache for local residents.

crop;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

Chances are that you're familiar with the Haiku Stairs. Located on the island of O'ahu, they make regular appearances in social media feeds, as they offer the perfect photo op, complete with a jaw-droppingly gorgeous view. Perhaps you were hoping to visit them one day yourself. Unfortunately, your chance to climb the stairs, popularly known as the Stairway to Heaven, might be gone.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/hawaii-haiku-stairs-what-to-know

*Voted to be dismantled but still needs approval by the Governor. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

When someone waggin that finger in your face starts up with "I don't understand why you're doing that!", hear them, THEY don't understand. That's not on me. That's about their due diligence.

And if we feel the need to 'explain' (rationalize, justify).... explore why you feel compelled to do so.

What 'need' (ie. certainty, variety, significance, connection, growth and contribution) you are fulfilling for yourself and others?

Also, explaining presupposes they will understand.... and if they understand they'll agree.

And as evidenced by 90% of posts on ES (and everywhere).... most people won't agree regardless.

And if we want/need people to agree with us.... then the need we're attempting to fill is certainty (confirmation bias), 'significance' (being right) and 'connection'.

And if you need others to fill those needs for you.... then that's the deeper issue that no one wants to get to, the hard conversation that no one wants to have.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

And if we feel the need to 'explain' (rationalize, justify).... explore why you feel compelled to do so.

What 'need' (ie. certainty, variety, significance, connection, growth and contribution) you are fulfilling for yourself and others?

Deep and so true

That craving for outside validation is the basis of market capitalism 

We've been taught that

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I find these statistics suspect.  I live  in the US and almost nobody I've met lives in California.

😄

L.A. County population 10mil

CA population 39 mil

US population 329 mil

Edit..closer to 1 in 9 live in California I guess. 

Edit..for Hawaii being such a tourist destination, I hardly ever see out of state license plates there. I call shenanigans. 

Edited by The Evil Genius