Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 9/18/2021 at 4:13 PM, Jabbyrwock said:

The one who got the swollen testicles after selling french nuclear submarines to the Australians at a rally today?  Yup...crazy.

(full disclosure: I drink sometimes)

Nah, we didn't sold Nuclear submarines.

We sold gasoline ones.

That was the robbery of the century...

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Today is my 70th birthday. I truly never thought I'd make it this far. It's a great day!

💜

Happy birthday! 🎂

And 70 isn't old...

...if you're a tree.  :)

• Haha 3

On 9/20/2021 at 1:12 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Are you hourly or salaried?  If salaried, that's a real tough position to be in.  I had a ****head manager when I was an assistant mgr. back when I was working in the grocery business.  He scheduled me six 10-12 hour shifts a week, mixing in 3rd shift two nights a week.  And because I was salaried, I had to take the BS.

If you're paid by the hour, go by chain of command, don't go over heads.  My advice would be to tell her that you cannot work that many hours/shifts and keep getting scheduled extra shifts when people were out, etc. and ask her to adjust your schedule back to the way it was.  If you have already done that, go to the next person above her and explain that to them and that she hasn't been cooperative or understanding, etc. and that you really want to avoid going to HR.

Give it a week or two, if nothing changes, go to HR.  Ask them what the policies are as far as how many hours they can schedule you per week if you are hourly and not salaried.  Research your state labor laws before talking to them, then review their company policies and compare that against what she is doing to you.  

Edit:  Actually, after thinking about your situation more, I think you should make a list with dates/timestamps and brief synopsis of any conversations you have had with her or any other management so you have a timeline you can take to HR if you have to meet with them.  Also, I'd suggest that you tell her and two other managers (if possible), with one of them being her direct supervisor that you need to speak with them privately regarding your employment.  

That way, you have two other people present and she can't turn it into a he said/she said argument and lie about what you discussed.  And it would look better for you and help you out with HR if you go that route.  Document everything and don't let this **** get to you where you slip up and lose it, that's probably what she is hoping happens and it will look bad for you, regardless of how great of an employee you are.

Thanks Taze.  The documenting my time idea is brilliant.  I burned out multiple times the past month.  She's incompetent.

To your last point, where she "wants" a fight...that is the crux of it.  She does.  She's extremely passive aggressive, has had knock down-drag out cry fests with some of my co-workers this year.  One of them quit because of her.

Trying everything I can to avoid that, and give every hint I can that I'm not to be used...or targeted.  I have gone about this in such a roundabout way because the 2 times I've actually stood up for myself these past 6 years - the women played victim.  All technicalities go out the window once I get a little angry.

I have been taking insane stands, but thru calling out and whatnot.  Totally out of character.  I'm an insane workaholic with talent that is indescribable...yet I'm comprimised and a shell of myself recently.  

I reached out to the second in command over her yesterday.  I was stern and even lied about having a new part time job that prevents me from working outside of my already-brutally tough schedule.  The 2nd in command was uncharacteristically shook by my (seriously nice) news.  I have been nice and cordial through it all.  I slid in the words, ("Perhaps if 'the scheduling manager' would reach out to me first, instead of putting me on any shift she cannot fill, I could give her a "yes" or "no" 😀).

At this point my politeness is coming off as facetious and passive aggressive....which it is.  But that's the game.  Sucks.

To answer your first question, I'm hourly.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Thanks Taze.  The documenting my time idea is brilliant.  I burned out multiple times the past month.  She's incompetent.

To your last point, where she "wants" a fight...that is the crux of it.  She does.  She's extremely passive aggressive, has had knock down-drag out cry fests with some of my co-workers this year.  One of them quit because of her.

Trying everything I can to avoid that, and give every hint I can that I'm not to be used...or targeted.  I have gone about this in such a roundabout way because the 2 times I've actually stood up for myself these past 6 years - the women played victim.  All technicalities go out the window once I get a little angry.

I have been taking insane stands, but thru calling out and whatnot.  Totally out of character.  I'm an insane workaholic with talent that is indescribable...yet I'm comprimised and a shell of myself recently.  

I reached out to the second in command over her yesterday.  I was stern and even lied about having a new part time job that prevents me from working outside of my already-brutally tough schedule.  The 2nd in command was uncharacteristically shook by my (seriously nice) news.  I have been nice and cordial through it all.  I slid in the words, ("Perhaps if 'the scheduling manager' would reach out to me first, instead of putting me on any shift she cannot fill, I could give her a "yes" or "no" 😀).

At this point my politeness is coming off as facetious and passive aggressive....which it is.  But that's the game.  Sucks.

To answer your first question, I'm hourly.

Documenting is so important. I always recommend a daily work diary. Even if the daily entry is "Everything was normal today" you'll have a contemporaneous account of conversations with your boss. Also, depending upon your job, lying about another part time job isn't a wise choice, either because some jobs frown on workers having other jobs (because of freedom of scheduling) or basically it's a lie. You can always say that your personal schedule, because contrary to most corporate thinking employees are entitled to their own schedule! 

Dealing with passive aggressive bosses is the pits! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Documenting is so important. I always recommend a daily work diary. Even if the daily entry is "Everything was normal today" you'll have a contemporaneous account of conversations with your boss. Also, depending upon your job, lying about another part time job isn't a wise choice, either because some jobs frown on workers having other jobs (because of freedom of scheduling) or basically it's a lie. You can always say that your personal schedule, because contrary to most corporate thinking employees are entitled to their own schedule! 

Dealing with passive aggressive bosses is the pits! Good luck to you!

I'll drop this in here, @d0ublestr0ker0ll since you told them you had a part time job, assuming you didn't tell them where you were working, if they do ask, tell them you are helping a friend out with their landscaping business doing odd jobs getting paid under the table.  That way they can't sniff out the lie easily.  And it's something that you could "quit easily" from with no traces of actual employment.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1