Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, but what about a van down by the river?

Even in the most idyllic version where you throw open the back doors of the van after a night sleeping in a beautiful wilderness location and watch the sunrise over a range of magnificent snow-capped mountains, and then you remember there’s a large bucket of your, and your partners, excrement that needs emptying. And the shower is clogged again.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Even in the most idyllic version where you throw open the back doors of the van after a night sleeping in some beautiful wilderness location and watch the sunrise over some magnificent snow-capped mountain, and then you remember there’s a large bucket of your, and your partners, excrement, that needs emptying.

You won't do well when the zombie apocalypse comes. 

Have to admit though, while the trailers bathroom was a definite plus (and of course now Mrs. 12 requires it) cleaning out the black tank at Rv parks on a regular basis wasn't any fun either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Tough crowd

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very interested in the idea of something comfortable and drive-able to explore out of the way places. But damn sure it would be interspersed with dog-friendly hotels and not be more than a few months at a time. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very interested in the idea of something comfortable and drive-able to explore out of the way places. But damn sure it would be interspersed with dog-friendly hotels and not be more than a few months at a time. 

Exactly how I did it.  Once a week at least in an RV park with a clean shower and once a month in dog friendly hotel for a couple days.  Had a perfect hotel in Anchorage adjacent to the Native American hospital and an off leash dog park around a lake.  Was wonderful except for the moose and calves me and Aspen (my old Brittany) encountered once.  Luckily the old gal was oblivious and didn't notice them while I gathered her up and shuffled off.

• Like 1

I have a friend with a very cool job. He lives a somewhat van life, but he criss-crosses the country delivering pets to people who have moved and didn't want to either fly the pet or otherwise transport them. Lots of military people. 
So he spends the nights under the stars wherever he is, with someone's dog. (A dog most of the time.) He's a photographer, so he documents the trip, and it's always a happy reunion at the end. He's spent the night on Malibu beaches, in Yellowstone, out in the desert, amazing places. He gets home about once a month or so before he's out and running again.

I told him he's got a book in this, but he drags the feet.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Bang said:

I have a friend with a very cool job. He lives a somewhat van life, but he criss-crosses the country delivering pets to people who have moved and didn't want to either fly the pet or otherwise transport them. Lots of military people. 
So he spends the nights under the stars wherever he is, with someone's dog. (A dog most of the time.) He's a photographer, so he documents the trip, and it's always a happy reunion at the end. He's spent the night on Malibu beaches, in Yellowstone, out in the desert, amazing places. He gets home about once a month or so before he's out and running again.

I told him he's got a book in this, but he drags the feet.

~Bang

Or a Reality show, for sure 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I had to get a few things at the store.  When I come out, a Honda Element just like my massage therapist's is right next to me with a PLAY MORE BASS sticker on the back.

Her husband is the best bass player I know, but I knew it wasn't hers.  I texted her, she laughed. 

Their son is now in the band.  I couldn't be happier.  :band:

My Youngest Daughter's birthday is same as Extremeskins...

d825921db99a0c0e777bc346ca2885c7.gif.4a80fd13d46a333da77f4e1ca0b19bec.gif

Like seriously...when she was born, we lifted up the bedsheet at the hospital and she was already completely out, looking around quiet meanbuggin, wondering what took us so long...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3