Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I went to the grocery store yesterday and got wild.  (You'd think it was the start of Covid.  I hadn't shopped like that in a while.)  :ols: 

Went back today for some stuff I forgot and got lucky in the meat case...burgers and salmon on sale. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Austin is alright. Food is good, had some Terry Black’s BBQ for lunch. Evidently a million bats are about to emerge from this bridge right below my hotel room. 

76AD4C46-4A40-4ADA-A0B5-08E968727D5E.jpeg

Yeah, that bridge was used in the Dark Knight to get a shot of the bats.  6th street is pretty great.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is a fun game.  There are 5 photos at random, you get to guess where in the USA they are and it'll tell you how close you are.  https://pudding.cool/games/where/?utm_source=recommendedreads.com

My worst one was 2,267 miles away.  My best one was 87 miles away.

Not sure about this game.  After my first guess it gave me a picture of the moon as a second image.  Pretty sure that's not in the US.

Edit:  Third picture is of a small anthill which could be anywhere, yet somehow I'm only 250 miles away.

Ended up 218 miles away.

Edited by China

2 minutes ago, China said:

Not sure about this game.  After my first guess it gave me a picture of the moon as a second image.  Pretty sure that's not in the US.

Edit:  Third picture is of a small anthill which could be anywhere, yet somehow I'm only 250 miles away.

I assumed it was a photo of the moon taken somewhere in the States where the moon looks like that on a semi-regular basis.

Last pic was the one I got 87 miles on, the architecture gave it away for me.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I assumed it was a photo of the moon taken somewhere in the States where the moon looks like that on a semi-regular basis.

Last pic was the one I got 87 miles on, the architecture gave it away for me.

I don't think there are appreciable differences in how the moon looks from different places in the US, except during an eclipse.  Then you'd need to know the date of the eclipse to get some kind of idea.

22 minutes ago, China said:

I don't think there are appreciable differences in how the moon looks from different places in the US, except during an eclipse.  Then you'd need to know the date of the eclipse to get some kind of idea.

FINE, fine, fine.  China wins again.

23 minutes ago, China said:

Weather/cloud cover do factor into "how the moon looks". 

Just sayin'.

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, the Jamie Fox situation isn’t looking good, apparently. This is very sad. 

Sounds like a lot of speculation.  I've seen nothing that details any of what is going on with him other than he's been hospitalized.  Obviously it's not good if he's been hospitalized for a month, but have you seen something more that indicates things are worsening?