Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I had the amazing privilege to sing in Westminster Abbey.  I just love the architecture, everything about it.  Hubby was screaming on the day of Kate & William's wedding..."It's on every ****in' channel!" 

I said, "You're probably never gonna see WA, enjoy this."   He got into it.  :ols:

• Haha 2

I thought the neighborhood would be all kinds of crazy last night, but it wasn't.  Spending a rainy day with the kitties.  Gonna have to get creative with dinner, I'm running low on everything again...AND DAMMIT, I'M OUT OF ICE CREAM! 

40 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I thought the neighborhood would be all kinds of crazy last night, but it wasn't.  Spending a rainy day with the kitties.  Gonna have to get creative with dinner, I'm running low on everything again...AND DAMMIT, I'M OUT OF ICE CREAM! 

Meanwhile, in my neighborhood, last night was Cinco de Mayo, so massive group order from Taco Bamba and margs (sangria for those of us who don’t drink tequila). Then this afternoon is the Derby, mint juleps for all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Glen Kuiper say goodbye to your career. 

he's not saying goodbye, they'll suspend him for a few weeks and he'll be back

i'd be surprised if he got fired over that. he apologized and it was clearly unintentional

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Meanwhile, in my neighborhood, last night was Cinco de Mayo, so massive group order from Taco Bamba and margs (sangria for those of us who don’t drink tequila). Then this afternoon is the Derby, mint juleps for all. 

Yesterday business was booming at the taco joint down the street and traffic on our street was crazy.  Just got back from a Derby party some friends from Kentucky throw every year, won a little money on the second place horse, and there were plenty of mint juleps and good food to be had.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

My Wife's accent is still so thick, she makes Alabama sound like a third-world country in Central Asia that we'll be bombing for oil soon...and I've told her this to her face while helping to pay for and cordinate her Mother's Day cruise...

For those who can, please call your Mom sometime next week, you don't have to wait until everyone else does next Sunday...

• Thumb up 1

Vida Blue & the A's in the 70s were so incredibly fun to watch. One of the teams I played summer ball one year had the exact same uni's. I loved those high stirrup socks. I used to have my mom cut the stitching at the seam and add a piece of elastic so the stirrups went up almost to my knee. The kelly green stirrup against those bright yellow sanitary socks was awesome!*

RIP, Mr. Blue. Loved watching you & the A's.

*I hate the pants to the top of the shoes some teams wear today...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Vida Blue & the A's in the 70s were so incredibly fun to watch. One of the teams I played summer ball one year had the exact same uni's. I loved those high stirrup socks. I used to have my mom cut the stitching at the seam and add a piece of elastic so the stirrups went up almost to my knee. The kelly green stirrup against those bright yellow sanitary socks was awesome!*

RIP, Mr. Blue. Loved watching you & the A's.

*I hate the pants to the top of the shoes some teams wear today...

One of the few to win an MVP and a Cy Young in the same season.

• Thumb up 2

My boss had a brain fart and scheduled me today...we use an online scheduling platform & my availability never changes.  I was going to go ahead and work the shift, then I wake up to find an alert that I've been taken off the shift, but 2 shifts in my position are "up for grabs".  :ols:  

Comcast. We are repairing your internet. It'll be back up at 5. 

We are repairing your internet. It'll be back up at 6:30.

We are repairing your internet. It'll be back up at 7:20.

NO HOW ABOUT YOU ****ING FIX IT NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T USE ANY INTERNET HERE AT HOME, I CAN'T GO OUT BECAUSE THE LOCAL BUSINESSES ALSO HAVE NO INTERNET. FIX THAT **** NOW