Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

^^^^ He was so ****in' hot. 

Home early today, it's raining like crazy and business wasn't happening.  I actually think I need to find another place to work...sales haven't been good since the winter holidays (our menu is drastically overpriced) and I can't keep dipping into savings. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I kid, I kid.  I know hockey is your jam.

Any damage to your rims though?

I don't think so.  The car was towed to my parents' house, so I haven't been able to check for myself since day broke, but pops didn't say anything about rim damage when he looked at it, so I think I'm good there.  I think I should be fine just getting two new tires since the old ones had a pretty high treadwear rating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I don't think so.  The car was towed to my parents' house, so I haven't been able to check for myself since day broke, but pops didn't say anything about rim damage when he looked at it, so I think I'm good there.  I think I should be fine just getting two new tires since the old ones had a pretty high treadwear rating.

Well, that's the positive I'd take away from a ****ty situation like that, though.  Two blowouts is pretty awful, that must have been a massive bump in the road.  But at least you kept the car on the road and avoided any additional damage.  

What do you drive anyway?  I'm curious now.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The new album sounds really good from what I've listened to so far.

I'm really into it.  Been on a constant loop all day.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, that's the positive I'd take away from a ****ty situation like that, though.  Two blowouts is pretty awful, that must have been a massive bump in the road.  But at least you kept the car on the road and avoided any additional damage.  

What do you drive anyway?  I'm curious now.

2012 Fusion.  Front tire status:
1rwjdw.jpg

Rear tire "only" had like a 3-inch hole in the side-wall.

After getting out and seeing the state of the tires, I was surprised the car handled as well as it did when I was pulling over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

2012 Fusion.  Front tire status:
1rwjdw.jpg

Rear tire "only" had like a 3-inch hole in the side-wall.

After getting out and seeing the state of the tires, I was surprised the car handled as well as it did when I was pulling over.

JFC.  That's bad.

I'd call the state and let em know what happened and that they've got a bump to fix.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

RIP my Pirellis

You're probably better off.  Pirellis suck anyway.  I had a set that came with my new car.  I only got 27K miles on them before the tread was worn out and they needed to be replaced.  Not Z rated super soft rubber, not uneven wear, they just only lasted that many miles.  I'll never buy a set again if I can help it.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

JFC.  That's bad.

I'd call the state and let em know what happened and that they've got a bump to fix.

Fwiw unless it's a state highway or interstate, the State DOT wouldn't respond to a pothole. You need to contact your local public works department to get it fixed. They're in charge or local road maintenance and rehabilitation. 

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well @PokerPackeris gonna giggle his ass off. Found this on my tire a few minutes ago. 

65D8DDE5-453F-48EF-88D9-C5CFC99731DA.jpeg

Oh no.  That's really close to the edge there.  Can that be safely patched, or are you gonna have to replace it?

5 hours ago, China said:

You're probably better off.  Pirellis suck anyway.  I had a set that came with my new car.  I only got 27K miles on them before the tread was worn out and they needed to be replaced.  Not Z rated super soft rubber, not uneven wear, they just only lasted that many miles.  I'll never buy a set again if I can help it.

What was the treadwear rating on them?  Mine had an 800 treadwear rating, so they should get twice the mileage of the standard cheapo 400 treadwear tires I usually have on my cars.