Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

3 hours ago, Chew said:

The world would be a better place if he were ♥️

George is the GOAT.  #1 all-time, not up for discussion.  This is a hill I'd gladly die on.  

I have Burr at 1, Prime Pryor at 2, Carlin at 3, Chappelle at 4.

Really, you can shuffle that list up and I'd be fine with it.

The funniest standup act I've ever seen is Pablo Francisco's "Bits & Pieces".  It's pretty much a one-hit-wonder.  The first time I saw it, I had to pause and rewind several times to re-experience the laugh.  I still use a lot of the lines.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I don't know where you guys are certain they're going to be hairy though....the models looked pretty smooth in all of those Roman/Greek statues :ols: 

People like Cleopatra and Nefertiti probably spent all day being pampered too. If Helen of Troy started a damn war, she must be somewhat hot, even using today's standards.

True. Common folks may have been a hot mess, but we're talking nobility/royalty. All those sculptures and paintings of people eating ass in marble bathhouses had to come a place of at least moderate hygiene. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

sir elton john has become the 1st artist in great britain's history to have any, let alone multiple, top ten records in six consecutive decades

as he goes on his 'retirement tour', postponed for 2 years cuz covid, he talked about how during the making of the 'lockdown sessions' it meant a lot to him that newer artists like ed sheeran, dua lipa, charlie puth, and little nas x, were all reaching out to him to do collaborations :) 

he said he enjoyed kind of returning to more his 'session musician' role during these partnerships, and to put that into perspective, 50 years prior to him sitting down to play with little nas x he sat down to play on 'he ain't heavy, he's my brother' for the hollies hit

way to go, you old magnificent queen :) 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

sir elton john has become the 1st artist in great britain's history to have any, let alone multiple, top ten records in six consecutive decades

as he goes on his 'retirement tour', postponed for 2 years cuz covid, he was tlaking about how during the maing of the 'lockdown sessions' it meant a lot to him that newer artists like ed sheeran, dua lipa, charlie puth, little nas x, were all reaching out to him to do collaborations :) 

he says he enjoyed kind of returning to more of his 'session musician' role during these partnerships and to put that into perspective, it was over 50 years prior to him sitting down at a piano to play on a tune with little nas x that he'd sat down to play piano on 'he ain't heavy, he's my brother' for the hollies hit record

way to go, you old magnificent queen :) 

I had tickets to see him in Las Vegas. We were in our seats and and he canceled due to illness. I am glad to get another chance. I will go see him. Maybe even a few times. 

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I had tickets to see him in Las Vegas. We were in our seats and and he canceled due to illness. I am glad to get another chance. I will go see him. Maybe even a few times. 

I saw him at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1973. Incredible show.

• Like 3

I absolutely cannot describe how bad & embarrassing work was today, just the ultimate **** show.  My only saving grace is that I can gab & keep people somewhat entertained while their food is taking forever.  

(Not only did I pick the wrong day to quit smoking, but I had to explain that reference to every single employee.) 🙄 Then the 2 people on staff who are less than half my age got their breaks first.  

This was, of course, exasperated by the fact that I'd woken up at 1AM, couldn't go back to sleep, so I did some housework and caught about an hour before getting ready. 

I just wanna make it to the playoffs this weekend.  

/rant 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone been to Disney World recently? How annoying is it to get into say the Star Wars area? I heard there's like queues you have to log into virtually and stuff like that.

Disney is full of microtransactions now. Pay for the tickets that have gone up exponentially the past decade and now pay a flat fee per ticket to skip the line (but not really because others are doing it too).

I susoect eventually they will decide to have levels of tickets that get you into certain regions or rides. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I saw him at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1973. Incredible show.

Need to add to this: I went in September 30, 1973. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was released on October 5, 1973. He played a ton of the songs from that album. People rushed the stage & were literally dancing on his piano. He stood up when people rushed the stage and told security to let them come up. ****ty review (below). It was an incredible night of music. Hooked me on Sir Elton. He's a badass. 

“If you want to get up and dance, you can get up and dance because you paid to get in,” he shouted as his band played “Elderberry Wine,” according to the next day’s account in The Washington Post. The Sun reported him saying, “If the people with the white hats [guards] aren’t out by the end of this number, the concert is over.”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/features/retro-baltimore/bs-fe-metro-elton-20190607-story.html

"You take your prenatal today?"

"Yea, thanks for checking."

"No prob, you take your iron pill, too?"

"Nah."

"Hmm...why not?"

"Idk, I feel like my iron levels are fine."

"What are you a magnet? How do you know how much iron you have in your blood?"

*insert the "that's funny but f u" look

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.png

• Haha 2