Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I'm by no means angry but definitely an asshole. With the current state of our society I have zero problems letting certain folks know exactly how stupid they really are. 🖖

I hear ya brother.  I'm just not the same person I was back in 2019 and it bothers me.  I find myself just unloading on everyone, on here, on Facebook groups, etc. and I was better than that.  I've gotten bitter, angrier, etc.  Sometimes just saying **** to **** with others for no other reason. 

I don't like this me, and while I haven't acted any different towards my family/friends in my personal life, they have had to sit there and listen to me rant about x, y and z.  My daughter and wife deserve a better version of me than they are getting and have gotten this past year.  Anything less is unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've become a bigger asshole and am a lot angrier than I used to be.  This pandemic and just the way things are going right now in our country has definitely changed me.  Gonna try to fix my issues and get back to normal.  

We're all going through a lot.  Just gotta try to be thankful for what we still have...that's what's keeping me together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

We're all going through a lot.  Just gotta try to be thankful for what we still have...that's what's keeping me together. 

Amen sister!  I just feel like the goal posts of life just keep getting moved continuously.  It's all mentally draining.  On a side note, I can't believe Tazette will be in high school next year.  I blinked and my baby girl grew up.

• Thumb up 2

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I hear ya brother.  I'm just not the same person I was back in 2019 and it bothers me.  I find myself just unloading on everyone, on here, on Facebook groups, etc. and I was better than that.  I've gotten bitter, angrier, etc.  Sometimes just saying **** to **** with others for no other reason. 

I don't like this me, and while I haven't acted any different towards my family/friends in my personal life, they have had to sit there and listen to me rant about x, y and z.  My daughter and wife deserve a better version of me than they are getting and have gotten this past year.  Anything less is unacceptable.

The fact that you're aware of it says a lot. Saying you want to be better for the people around you says even more.

I've been on the same arc, my mantra of "Not My Problem" keeps me focused on my life and things I can affect, cuts out the frivolous heat of **** I can't.

Good luck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I echo all that...I tend to hate a lot of people/things when I am angry or sad. I view it as a form of displacement. One of my good friends is a Colts fan, and I was happy they lost yesterday just cuz I imagined the frustration he was feeling. It's a strange thing. I interpret it as having others feel the pain that I do, so I don't feel so alone. I also just broke up with my girlfriend of 3+ years so I have been hurting a bit harder.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I echo all that...I tend to hate a lot of people/things when I am angry or sad. I view it as a form of displacement. One of my good friends is a Colts fan, and I was happy they lost yesterday just cuz I imagined the frustration he was feeling. It's a strange thing. I interpret it as having others feel the pain that I do, so I don't feel so alone.

ahtf-schadenfreude.gif

Edited by clietas
  • Haha 2

Yeah I won’t lie that the pandemic definitely brought a not so nice side out of me.  It’s made me a better golfer but not a better person.  Losing traveling and social aspects like real dating (which in your 30s isn’t easy always anyway.) really took a toll.   To my credit it doesn’t come out publicly but the negative/angry thoughts were there.  Trying to change that now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Yeah I won’t lie that the pandemic definitely brought a not so nice side out of me.  It’s made me a better golfer but not a better person.  Losing traveling and social aspects like real dating (which in your 30s isn’t easy always anyway.) really took a toll.   To my credit it doesn’t come out publicly but the negative/angry thoughts were there.  Trying to change that now. 

Once you realize that dating/starting a family rn is pretty much impossible, and you just start screwing with no added expectations, it gets better.

I pretty much retired my "Don't **** where you eat" Rule, and it was one of the best decisions I've made during this pandemic.

• Sad 1

I'm not drunk, I just wouldn't drive right now.

I dispise drunk driving, liquid courage "oh its jus around the the corner I got this" can absolutely get you and others killed.

Its right up there with my pet peeve of folks saying weed makes them a better drive.  No you dip****, it makes you a less aggressive driver, and also a less responsive one. 

Eat a pretzel and sit your happy ass down, you makin the rest of us weed smokers look bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not drunk, I just wouldn't drive right now.

I dispise drunk driving, liquid courage "oh its jus around the the corner I got this" can absolutely get you and others killed.

Its right up there with my pet peeve of folks saying weed makes them a better drive.  No you dip****, it makes you a less aggressive driver, and also a less responsive one. 

Eat a pretzel and sit your happy ass down, you makin the rest of us weed smokers look bad.

Yep, and why I get food delivered from a mile away.  Not worth any risk at all. 

• Like 2

The only thing more annoying than waiting on hold for an hour with an appliance sales company trying to get a live person who can help you is how they spend the entire time insulting your intelligence.

Is your toaster not working properly?

Please ensure that the cord with the slotted prongs is inserted into the outlet on the wall with the corresponding slots.

Did that not work?

Next please ensure that you have pushed the tabs in the front of the toaster from their upright position into their lower position.

Did you remember to insert bread into the designated slots?

O.m.g. if I could reach through the phone and strangle a recording I would have done it a half hour ago.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, redskinss said:

The only thing more annoying than waiting on hold for an hour with an appliance sales company trying to get a live person who can help you is how they spend the entire time insulting your intelligence.

Is your toaster not working properly?

Please ensure that the cord with the slotted prongs is inserted into the outlet on the wall with the corresponding slots.

Did that not work?

Next please ensure that you have pushed the tabs in the front of the toaster from their upright position into their lower position.

Did you remember to insert bread into the designated slots?

O.m.g. if I could reach through the phone and strangle a recording I would have done it a half hour ago.

The    sad    t hing is  there's a reason  they ask those things first.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 5:02 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Amen sister!  I just feel like the goal posts of life just keep getting moved continuously.  It's all mentally draining.  On a side note, I can't believe Tazette will be in high school next year.  I blinked and my baby girl grew up.

Bruh. **** is draining. 

low key I was feeling pretty down last year but I ever since I came back from going to Peru for 2 weeks I’ve been feeling pretty good. I got a renewed appreciation of where I am in life. Been feeling good and close to my family and appreciative of everything they done for me. 

i want to help them more and I’ve been doing that. 

On 1/10/2022 at 12:06 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Once you realize that dating/starting a family rn is pretty much impossible, and you just start screwing with no added expectations, it gets better.

I pretty much retired my "Don't **** where you eat" Rule, and it was one of the best decisions I've made during this pandemic.

My buddy did this. Girl caught feelings and he didn’t want anything. He got fired. She claimed he harassed her and stuff. 

he was her direct supervisor tho. So situation was a little different. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1