Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

God I love being an elementary school PE teacher. Do you know what the secret to life is? Enjoying your job. And do you know what the secret to enjoying your job is? Microdosing mushrooms.

Lmao.  And not worrying about chess.

Word on everything you said.  Cept shrooms, I'm 10 MG sativa edibles.  Haven't done the shrooms yet, so can't confirm.  Believe you tho.

2 hours ago, clietas said:

Concept Cars are sposta be futuristic dammit. That Caddy looks like a dung beetle. 🤭

I'm this high:

The car is Vader as a Transformer, and the Emperor is telling dude in Red "Guard, leave us"  so he can try to turn dude in white to the dark side.

• Haha 3

Yeah, an edible or a couple of CBD gummies if it's raining...my knees feel better almost instantly. 

One of our owner's aunts works with me, she's a few years older than me.  We were all talking about our back braces & such.  She laughed for about 10 minutes straight, bent over the sink trying to wash dishes when I said, "My hand lotion is Aspercreme."  

• Like 1

My neighbor (“Leslie”) is like 55 or 60 and lives with/takes care of her mom who is like 85. Leslie just had surgery to repair he achilles and cant really walk and her mom is basically Yoda without the Force. They are both the sweetest people ever. 

So we had the snow storm earlier in the week and I shoveled their driveway. I didn’t even think about it, it was easy (our driveways are only like 15 feet long) and it took me all of 10 minutes. It was literally nothing to me. 

Today i got a box of wagyu burgers. 6 ****ing lbs. Leslie’s thank you. Totally unnecessary but, well, awesome too. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My job is so stressful and I love it.  Weirdest thing ever. 

My job is easy, mostly low stress. I don’t like it. It’s convenient and I know that I’m basically passing time at it. I wish it gave me more job satisfaction and let me enjoy the other aspects of my life outside of work more.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

My job is so stressful and I love it.  Weirdest thing ever. 

Same, sometimes I feel like I'm talking for 8 hours straight, skipping lunch to get stuff done, but I can see the fruits of my labor, which is comforting.

Got a shoutout in a newsletter sent to my whole division yesterday, that was a good feeling as I logged off for the day and showed my wife.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

Every few months, one of the trade publications for my job posts an article about someone killing themselves. A few stand out. 

https://www.law.com/americanlawyer/2018/11/12/big-law-killed-my-husband-an-open-letter-from-a-sidley-partners-widow/

Quote from this one: “he would rather die than live with the consequences of people thinking he was a failure.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-rise-and-fall-of-a-k-street-renegade-1487001918

This guy bought a round of drinks for everyone at Robert Trent Jones, then blew his head off. My brother knew him. 

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/did_overwork_kill_skadden_associate_inconclusive_autopsy_points_to_cardiac_

This person worked herself to death. 

I remember reading that lawyers have a high alcoholism and suicide rate, especially female lawyers. 

Suicide in the IT, especially on call folks like sys admins, is also an understudied recent phenomenon. 

But when I look for articles to put facts to that, neither are typically in the top 5 in regards to professions with high suicide rates.  People in the medical profession typically are, have to imagine thats higher now.

• Like 1