Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Stocked up on masks during the last fire that got kinda close -- but not really -- to my house.

Was definitely overkill at the time, now I'm happy.

My brother is a Wall Street guy and sees bad news for the economy the next few months. He's been wrong about a lot though.

Maybe I can auction off my masks to the highest bidder -- it will help with what I lose in the market.

Seriously though, everyone wash your hands and try not to panic. I'm sure everyone under 60 will be fine.

Edited by Hooper
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well right in here in my city of Sacramento, a person has contracted the virus natively (meaning they aren't someone who went overseas and brought it back with them).  That person is now in UC Davis Med Center getting treatment.

Wish me luck, folks!

Try to get it first and let us know how it is. 

• Haha 4

So, there's a couple reports now of cases in the U.S. that are what you might call of "unknown origin."  I don't believe this means these patients contracted the virus from visiting the supermarket or Target, or hanging out at Church for Ash Wednesday.  There's a good chance that these patients were just in close contact with someone recently returning from China, and they simply did not tell health officials because they want to protect that person from blame, or just simply forgot.  Sort of like Jimbo in Outbreak, who didn't want to disclose that he was trafficking in the illegal pet monkey market because he was afraid of getting locked up, and maybe wanted to protect his monkey.  Not that it would have saved Jimbo (played by Patrick Dempsey during the period between his 80s teenage crush years and the more mature Dr. McDreamy years, horribly miscast).  This does not mean that it is now widespread and untraceable.  Then again, if it takes 7 days to incubate and is contagious on day 1, we could all have it right now and not even know.  All 330 million of us here in the United States.

• Sad 1

Wouldn't surprise me if it was some of these people:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/coronavirus-infected-americans-flown-back-to-us-on-plane-full-of-healthy-people/

I also saw, and I can't find the tweet now since it's a couple days old, that these potentially re-exposed individuals were not then tested to see if they contracted it.

So basically, there's a couple hundred potentially infected people running around the country that no one is tracking.

Good job Mike Pompeo.

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was some of these people:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/coronavirus-infected-americans-flown-back-to-us-on-plane-full-of-healthy-people/

I also saw, and I can't find the tweet now since it's a couple days old, that these potentially re-exposed individuals were not then tested to see if they contracted it.

So basically, there's a couple hundred potentially infected people running around the country that no one is tracking.

Good job Mike Pompeo.

This doesn't read like a real story. They can't possibly be this dumb.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

My conspiracy theory owner just came in and passed out Coronavirus readiness flyers.  All basic info on how to stop the spread of germs.  Looks like Fox News has been playing up Coronavirus fears all morning.

That will not help trump with the base.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Went to Safeway this am and the purell shelf was empty.

Purell will not help

• Sad 1

ok...i've only got a few minutes, but i've been on sort of an assignment and am going to tell you this :ph34r:

you see the news breaking yesterday about the top of iran's gov't being exposed to the virus

let me do it this way-: trump admin---cia---bioweapons--iran top leaders--test---spread through china/hopefully no. korea

but the big deal---if it creates enough chaos here  n usa long enough...trump admin enacts special laws, including martial law, to get special powers for the safety of the nation and to postpone the election until a proper one held under proper conditions can be carried out

remember you heard it here first, but not from me

410.jpg

• Sad 2