Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

First he could have not decimated the pandemic response team 2 years ago and not cut funding. More immediately, he should have closed all international flights from Korea, Italy in addition to China. Plus anyone having travelled to those countries and Iran. Set the expectation that international travel will cease all together shortly for a sustained period of time. Every person entering the USA must be quarantined for 2 weeks.  

Absent of that, he could for once be honest about the situation and not pretend a vaccine will be ready for mass use immediately or that it’s contained. when people start dying they will blame him. When the social media videos of people gasping for their last breaths while blaming go viral he will be toast. He owns this. He will be digging his political grave at his press conference this afternoon when he downplays it. 

He’s germaphobe and it’s kind of fitting that a virus ends his presidency. It might even end his existence if he gets exposed

to it.

Perception is reality. He will own the blame. His news conference today where he downplays it will be his end. People will want to assign blame and he will get it all.

I mean, I don’t think you’re supposed to assign blame on an act of god.  I think that unless this turns out to be the next great plague then Trump skates away from this easily.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Every single death is on Trumps hands because he said a vaccine is coming and it’s not a big deal. He owns it. 

And if he only hadn't said that, or said something different, then there would not have been one single death, anywhere in the US.  Right?  

(I'll give you a hint:  I'm going to keep pointing out how completely stupid your claim is, for as long as you keep making it.  Might wanna quit while you're only losing 2-0.)  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

You weren't around for AIDS in the 70-80's?

If AIDS could have been spread through the air or by second hand contact you might be onto something.  While AIDS was deadly it was very hard and slow to spread.  

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

If AIDS could have been spread through the air or by second hand contact you might be onto something.  While AIDS was deadly it was very hard and slow to spread.  

And we still had panic, anyway.  

I'm not trying to draw a parallel between the diseases.  Almost nothing in common.  Just the "more deadly disease, and panic" aspect.  

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

And if he only hadn't said that, or said something different, then there would not have been one single death, anywhere in the US.  Right?  

(I'll give you a hint:  I'm going to keep pointing out how completely stupid your claim is, for as long as you keep making it.  Might wanna quit while you're only losing 2-0.)  

Rationality goes out the window in a panic. This thing will cause a panic and people will look to assign blame. China will get a ton. Trump will be decimated over it. We will see soon enough.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Rationality goes out the window in a panic. This thing will cause a panic and people will look to assign blame. China will get a ton. Trump will be decimated over it. We will see soon enough.

I have a son-in-law ordering masks and buying water and canned foods.  I'm like dude chill.  It's just the flu that spreads really well.  

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This thing will cause a panic and people will look to assign blame.

And you figured you'd get a head start on it.  

8 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

It's just the flu that spreads really well.  

I assume there's more to it than that.  Although it does seem like a good analogy.  

I'm pretty sure that if it was just the flu, the CDC wouldn't be reacting the same way.  Assume that they've got some scientific basis for their response.  (Although, I'm not sure.  For example, are we setting up air force bases as quarantine centers for cruise ship passengers because the CDC said to do it?  Or because some politician said to do it?)  

Edited by Larry

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

And you figured you'd get a head start on it.  

Absolutely. The second he lied about the vaccine almost being ready  and it being under control he took ownership. He deserves all the blame that’s coming. 

Here is a taste of the blame to come:

Edited by SoCalSkins

35 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I have a son-in-law ordering masks and buying water and canned foods.  I'm like dude chill.  It's just the flu that spreads really well.  

What about liquor?

alcohol kills germs 🥃

I hate Trump as much as anyone, and his ramblings about this disease are inane at best, but I don't know what specific tangible steps he could or should have done that would make a dramatic and impactful difference.  Quarantining all international arrivals is not a legitimate or realistic suggestion.  

I do think the consistent disdain for expertise and academic knowledge that comes from him and his supporters will lead to significant and important problems (and already have).  Both in the response to this virus and many other areas.

• Like 5

For the last few years, I've been buying those medical masks to have around the house for when somebody gets sick.  Had some colds and flu run through my house this season, so we were running low.  Now, normally, I could get a 50ct for $10 online, or a 10ct for $3-5 locally.  Point being g they were cheap and easy to get.  Went to reorder the exact same product I got last spring for $10, got to checkout and saw the price was $416.  These sons of Bs were charging almost $396 for shipping.  And every other one was costing $50-100+.  

Edited by justice98

2 hours ago, Larry said:

And we still had panic, anyway.  

I'm not trying to draw a parallel between the diseases.  Almost nothing in common.  Just the "more deadly disease, and panic" aspect.  

Remember Rock Hudson when he came out, and the concern because he had kissed an actress on Dynasty or Dallas and hadn't disclosed his diagnosis?  I was too young to remember that, but my parents told me about it.

Edited by kfrankie

Was just thinking that I care for a homebound patient who's on a ventilator (as needed), and is very susceptible to respiratory infection (for various reasons).  And, while my patient doesn't get out, his caregivers do.  And maybe I'd do what I usually do, when it comes to various medical items which my patient might need, but we don't get routinely ship[ped - Head over to Amazon and buy some.  (For example, the care agency sends us disposable gloves.  But only two boxes a month.  I recently ordered four more boxes out of my own pocket.  They're cheap, and it's easier than arguing with the supplier, who has to argue with Medicaid, and so forth.)  

Yep, masks are pricey.  

(Probably all made in China.)  

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Perception is reality. He will own the blame. His news conference today where he downplays it will be his end. People will want to assign blame and he will get it all.

If I had a nickel for every time an event was claimed to be the end of Trump.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1