Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

TRUMP: "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

So if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there to see it, it never fell down?

Edited by China
  • Haha 4

Thanks, genius. 

"When you have apple trees you have apples. But if you remove the apple trees you won't have apples anymore." 

I cannot look at him without seeing some little kid absentmindedly eating lead paint chips. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Honestly, why would we care? Certainly if a vaccine exists then people should be free to stay home, go out, get the vaccine, not get the vaccine. It's no different than a mumps vaccine right now. 

If you're afraid or distrust the vaccine, stay home. 

If we don’t vaccinate a large enough % of people to reach herd immunity, the virus will continue to spread in communities, and over time will likely mutate and render existing vaccines pointless. 

From a public health perspective, you need enough of the population to get vaccinated so that immunocompromised people who can’t receive vaccines are protected. These are your old and sick people suffering from cancer, etc.

Not getting the vaccine as a healthy person will be a purely selfish act borne out of ignorance. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If there was a vaccine available today, I probably wouldn’t take it.  No way is something cranked out that fast been fully vetted.  I’ve seen I Am Legend.

That’s what clinical trials are for my dude. You won’t be the guinea pig.

Edited by No Excuses

51 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Thanks, genius. 

"When you have apple trees you have apples. But if you remove the apple trees you won't have apples anymore." 

I cannot look at him without seeing some little kid absentmindedly eating lead paint chips. 

And he's really ****ty at math if he thinks "15 cases coming down to zero" and 1.4 million are anywhere close to one another. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

If we don’t vaccinate a large enough % of people to reach herd immunity, the virus will continue to spread in communities, and over time will likely mutate and render existing vaccines pointless. 

From a public health perspective, you need enough of the population to get vaccinated so that immunocompromised people who can’t receive vaccines are protected. These are your old and sick people suffering from cancer, etc.

Not getting the vaccine as a healthy person will be a purely selfish act borne out of ignorance. 

Fair enough. The bolded part of your post is something I've always believed. I still don't understand those who don't vaccinate. 

Kingston barber tests positive for COVID-19 after cutting hair in violation of NY order

KINGSTON, N.Y. — A barber who was cutting hair in a Midtown shop, in violation of the "New York on Pause" order, has tested positive for COVID-19, the Ulster County health commissioner said Wednesday afternoon.

Dr. Carol Smith said in a prepared statement that the barber "has been providing haircuts during the last few weeks" at a barbershop on Broadway and tested positive for COVID-19 this week.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump says doctors and nurses are "running into death just like soldiers running into bullets" and that "it's a beautiful thing to see."

Beautiful is not the term I would have chosen.

My wife would irrespectfully disagree with him.

TRUMP: "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

You would still have people dying.

The fact you don't test them, doesn't mean they are healthy.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, China said:

Kingston barber tests positive for COVID-19 after cutting hair in violation of NY order

KINGSTON, N.Y. — A barber who was cutting hair in a Midtown shop, in violation of the "New York on Pause" order, has tested positive for COVID-19, the Ulster County health commissioner said Wednesday afternoon.

Dr. Carol Smith said in a prepared statement that the barber "has been providing haircuts during the last few weeks" at a barbershop on Broadway and tested positive for COVID-19 this week.

Click on the link for the full article

Rule 13 dude. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Of which, we are well endowed.  

And which powerful organizations are actively encouraging.  

50 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

That’s what clinical trials are for my dude. You won’t be the guinea pig.

Yea they would never use the military as a guinea pig.

And the question was if a vaccine was available today.  A vaccine in that time would make me rather suspect of their trials.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Does anyone know anything about Dengue fever?... My brother is in Indonesia and was diagnosed with it last Saturday. I found out this afternoon that things seem to be getting worse instead of better. And unfortunately, a lot of the symptoms seem to overlap with COVID symptoms.

It's dreadful. Makes you delirious. (I admit, I read about it in the John Grisham novel "The Testament", and I've read it many times. ) He is usually awesome with real, true details.

I'll be keeping good thoughts for your brother. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yohan said:

The cities and counties can still issue stay at home orders, which the City of Milwaukee already had in place, Milwaukee County will be issuing that order today, the City of Racine already had that in place (though they are in the top 10 for fastest growth rate of confirmed cases), City of Madison already had that in place, along with Dane county. I'm sure others will follow suit, depending on what party controls the local government.

As for me, I won't be stepping foot into a bar until those that are going, drink up all that stale crap that has been sitting around for the last 9 weeks. So a couple of 2-3 weeks maybe?

Texas Attorney General just informed cities their stay-at-home orders are unlawful and essentially threatened them with legal action.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-05-13/texas-ag-threatens-austin-dallas-and-san-antonio-over-coronavirus-restrictions%3fcontext=amp

I have a feeling this will be the norm for various states.  
I would also assume this has to do with Republicans wanting urban areas heavily affected.  Their stance on mail-in ballots jives with this.  Power seems the only thing that truly matters to them after all.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Does anyone know anything about Dengue fever?... My brother is in Indonesia and was diagnosed with it last Saturday. I found out this afternoon that things seem to be getting worse instead of better. And unfortunately, a lot of the symptoms seem to overlap with COVID symptoms.

Not good at all.

It's another freaking ****.

Hopefully your brother will get out of this but it's gonna be tough. I really feel for you and him mate...:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Beautiful is not the term I would have chosen.

My wife would irrespectfully disagree with him.

That entire statement almost made me puke. What a disgusting piece of trash. I swear, I don't think he's human. 

My highest praise to your wife...prayers for your family. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's dreadful. Makes you delirious. (I admit, I read about it in the John Grisham novel "The Testament", and I've read it many times. ) He is usually awesome with real, true details.

I'll be keeping good thoughts for your brother. 

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Not good at all.

It's another freaking ****.

Hopefully your brother will get out of this but it's gonna be tough. I really feel for you and him mate...:(

Thanks, both...this is from his email after my sister suggested we do a Zoom chat.. which now has me seriously concerned:

“I am in not so good shape. I see the doctor again tomorrow morning to figure out what is going on because I have new and continued symptoms. Sitting up and talking is/would be tiring. I have no energy -- weak.
I've chronic diarrhea, dry mouth 24/7 for 10 days, skin rash, no appetite, everything tastes funny (lost 10 pounds), poor standing tolerance, same with walking.. Have to rest now because of the effort to do this email.”

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Texas Attorney General just informed cities their stay-at-home orders are unlawful and essentially threatened them with legal action.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-05-13/texas-ag-threatens-austin-dallas-and-san-antonio-over-coronavirus-restrictions%3fcontext=amp

I have a feeling this will be the norm for various states.  
I would also assume this has to do with Republicans wanting urban areas heavily affected.  Their stance on mail-in ballots jives with this.  Power seems the only thing that truly matters to them after all.  

https://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-supreme-court-strikes-down-safer-home-order-0

The ruling does not mean life will return to normal in Wisconsin. The court's ruling means it now falls to officials in the state's 72 counties and in local municipalities to manage their communities' response to COVID-19, effectively creating a patchwork of different rules and policies across the state.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, China said:

So if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there to see it, it never fell down?

How do you know it fell you weren't there though. :P

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Or... if you remove the apples then you won't know it is an apple tree. I think it sounds funny in my head... i will go with it anyways. 

If the above two don't make sense than I blame Trump.