Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Seems like a lot of concern that others will start taking this drug unnecessarily because the POTUS is.  I say let them.  I understand letting his supporters get sick isn’t ideal because they can spread it to non-stupid people.  But if these people want to take the drug and it kills them, I’m totally fine with it.  I would probably encourage them.  Help clean the gene pool with less risk to others.  I’m done with us trying to stop stupid people from hurting themselves.  Let ‘em go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

ughh why do i exit from Moderna on Friday! i should have wait til today!!

I almost traded mine Friday to purchase Sorrento.  I hung on though and bought 200 shares of Sorrento as well.  Pre market this morning, I was up 48% between the two.  My gut said to sell Sorrento as soon as it was possible this morning, my brain wouldn’t let me though, and it came crashing back down to earth fast.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Seems like a lot of concern that others will start taking this drug unnecessarily because the POTUS is.  I say let them.  I understand letting his supporters get sick isn’t ideal because they can spread it to non-stupid people.  But if these people want to take the drug and it kills them, I’m totally fine with it.  I would probably encourage them.  Help clean the gene pool with less risk to others.  I’m done with us trying to stop stupid people from hurting themselves.  Let ‘em go!

Its not less risk to others though.

People need this drug. (Malaria, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Porphyria)

I've never even heard of Porphyria and apparently it inflicts 200,000 Americans a year. 

• Thanks 2

It's the job, and frankly the personal profession, of the White House doctor to follow true evidence and not patient wishes and conventional wisdom. Dr. Conley, you sir, seem fraudulent in that letter.

a humina, umina, umina

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Another fools errand for the cult members.

Go get that Zinc!

Except... since... i already knew about zinc and the immune system. This is from nih website posted back in 2008. 

Zinc affects multiple aspects of the immune system (10). Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells mediating innate immunity, neutrophils, and NK cells. Macrophages also are affected by zinc deficiency. Phagocytosis, intracellular killing, and cytokine production all are affected by zinc deficiency.

8 hours ago, zskins said:

Except... since... i already knew about zinc and the immune system. This is from nih website posted back in 2008. 

Zinc affects multiple aspects of the immune system (10). Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells mediating innate immunity, neutrophils, and NK cells. Macrophages also are affected by zinc deficiency. Phagocytosis, intracellular killing, and cytokine production all are affected by zinc deficiency.

Given the fact that you can get the RDA of Zinc from a Big Mac, I don’t think red state Americans really need to be chasing supplements.

Again, it’s theater.  For morons...

• Haha 1

I can deal with the stupidity of the president. However, it has ripple effects  that obviously affects others. I have a niece with lupus. She just graduated college. She's not flush with cash. The Idiot in Chief basically has given his sheep the belief that if they talk to their doctor for a prescription for hydroxychloroquine, they may get it if they find the right doctor. The potential for a shortage of the drug will increase prices. My niece and others needing the drug will literally have to pay the price. Of course he'll get away with this. Sure there was some backlash from Fox News yesterday, but that will soon subside and the sheep will fall back in line. 

However, the more stupid crap like this that he does eventually will erode enough support because comments like this are personal to many people on the right. They are personally dealing with these issues (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.). It affects their lives negatively. It's death by paper cuts. Between the mishandling of the Covide-19 crisis, idiotic comments like the ones from yesterday (throw in the comments about dishes and women), and trying to degrade a popular former president with made up lies that will peel away independents; he seals the deal for Joe, thankfully. Yesterday was literally a face palm moment for everyone in our house. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2