Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I have a degree in computer science. 

I know just as much as the virologists because I'm a scientist.

That's great, but my degree is in psychology so I not only know what you and the virologist are thinking, but why you are thinking it and what caused you to think it.

source.gif

Edited by daveakl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 25

This could probably go here or Trump's cabinet thread.  Putting it here since the CO was being discussed here.

BTW, this makes me so mad, I could spit nails.  I am seriously fuming!

Acting Navy secretary blasts ousted aircraft carrier captain as 'stupid' in address to ship's crew

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/politics/uss-tr-crozier-modly/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1SeGqNnCAdhbvUvPjp6lYx87BiQHeukF26vaPc708pdQRFA5g5lLDM73w

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

I don't believe that we could have prevented this with a different president.  Maybe mitigated it a little bit more, but every 1st world country in the world has this thing.  While I don't watch Trump's briefings, I also don't blame him for it.

I don't think anybody is claiming Trump caused this virus. 

Did he double the damage?  I could see that. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This could probably go here or Trump's cabinet thread.  Putting it here since the CO was being discussed here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/politics/uss-tr-crozier-modly/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1SeGqNnCAdhbvUvPjp6lYx87BiQHeukF26vaPc708pdQRFA5g5lLDM73w

That asshole just had to blast it to the entire crew. Perfect Trumpite.

• Sad 1

Yep. Probably couldn't stand the ovation the departing Captain got from his crew and had to blast him to said crew. This cannot be doing anything for moral for all the sailors out there. Grumble.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FanboyOf91 said:

That asshole just had to blast it to the entire crew. Perfect Trumpite.

Considering the videos of the crew loudly applauding him (Crozier) as he left the ship, I'd hope SecNavs message wasn't well received. 

Also..someone tell the dude to shave his ****ing head. His hairline left 20 years ago.

Thomas_B._Modly.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PCS said:

Yep. Probably couldn't stand the ovation the departing Captain got from his crew and had to blast him to said crew. This cannot be doing anything for moral for all the sailors out there. Grumble.  

Which is usually a bad way, both military and politically speaking (as SecNav is definately into politics), as a government just cannot in any way lose its Army.

And if soldiers are OK dying in combat, they are rarely OK dying to a virus in any way because their higher commands sacrificed them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This administration is raising stupid to a whole new level each time :stop:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

@spjunkies - Reading comprehension, it's a thing. 

How is the covid19 mortality rate half of the flu? It's running at about 3% (2.95%) in the US right now and 5.4% worldwide. Much much much higher than the flu mortality rate (which runs at about 1% .1% [Dan T corrected] most years).

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Coumo saying number of patients needing to be on ventilator in NY is declining, hoping they are near their peak...

If the ventilated patients are declining then it probably means we’re beginning the downward turn, which makes sense given the timelines of when the shutdowns started. We should see fewer and fewer dying patients every day (though the decline will likely be gradual over the course of weeks or months). 

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

How is the covid19 mortality rate half of the flu? It's running at about 3% (2.95%) in the US right now and 5.4% worldwide. Much much much higher than the flu mortality rate (which runs at about 1% most years).

Again - Reading comprehension seems to be a serious problem for some on this board.

Everyone one of my bank contacts tells me not one PPP loan has funded yet, I'm trying to figure out where Mnuchin came up with that $800M in loans already being funded through the disaster program.

My guess is they are looking at loans that were already set to fund and had nothing to do with the PPP program, who knows what the hell is going on with this Administration. 

Okay. i'm going to interject here. Let's get off the first bunch of posts in this thread and move along. It has been and continues to be a fluid situations and opinions can change. And I see one more reading comprehension comment,(and I've seen this one thrown out by several of the posters here over the past few weeks),****'s going to get real for the posters throwing that one out there. I kid you ****ing not.  I am not in the mood for this **** so knock it off. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Again - Reading comprehension seems to be a serious problem for some on this board.

then prove your claim that's what they're doing by quoting relevant counters that show it , don't just accuse 

that way you also avoid the risk of getting a rule 5 warning for that (and warnings can become automatic timeouts depending on previous violations)

• Like 2