Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll do it for you then, this man has to go.

Problem is that 40% of the country loves this **** and a material % more don't care as long as they can either troll the libs and/or get some kind of tax break from this idiot being in office. Disgusting state of affairs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont think this one is that deep. like everything else he has shown us, every decision is viewed through a prism of how does it ultimately help him. he didnt care to see it coming because he thought it would not effect him. his ability to "help" is directly correlated to how much praise he thinks he will receive. he does not give a singular **** about any soul who dies during this mess

that’s what I’m saying tho. He’s smart enough to understand that having his name on the checks poor people get may endear them to him or at least be free advertising of the best kind. But he’s not smart enough to see that a pandemic is coming, he is the president and he cut our pandemic protection and this may make him look bad? I know no one is telling him be news anymore. But he should have been able to figure out at this point pandemic = bad. It’s nonsensical lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i hope boris makes it

surprisingly to some i imagine 

Likewise, I’m so hoping Tя☭mp doesn’t get sick and croak before the election. Pence could probably win. Tя☭mp will be an albatross around the necks of the Grand Oligarch’s Party. If it doesn’t work out that way and Tя☭mp does find enough morons left to vote for him, the next four years of his nonsense will probably destroy enough of “real” Muricuh that they won’t matter elections-wise very much anymore. 

5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Just when our country needs the Tom Brady of leadership, we realize we signed Jeff George instead....

I’d say we signed the Jamarcus Russell, but I get you.

3 hours ago, bcl05 said:

I'm in a physicians-only COVID19 facebook discussion group.  Lots of fascinating and distressing discussions.  

Lots of talk about the mechanics and compromises of splitting ventilators.  It's amazing that this is even being contemplated.  

Here's an interesting position statement:  https://www.apsf.org/news-updates/joint-statement-on-multiple-patients-per-ventilator/

Desperate times...

I’ve seen this “solution” bandied about and I think it’s a horrible idea. Even if you could find two or, nogod forbid, more than two compatible patients to start with, their lung compliance, oxygenation/ventilation needs and a million other things change too quickly for it to work for any length of time. 

Well here in Nevada another 86 positive cases today gives the state a total of 621. Still holding at 10 dead. Apparently Clark County has been testing 40-60 a day. They now have 119 left.  8 more cases today in Washoe County,(Reno area),and another positive in the county I live.  That's 4. Unknown how they're doing for tests up this way,but if it's anything like the Southern part of the state.  :( 

Edit. Okay. According to the state website COVID-19 data. There have been 9,973 tests done. 8,522 people tested. 7,901 negative,621 positive. 

• Like 2

I'm posting IHU  (Professor Raoult) pre-prints in english, they will be updated. 4 are available as for today. Link

Click on "Lire l'article" under each publication.

March 1st to March 26th versions

Clinical and microbiological effect of a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in 80 COVID-19 patients with at least a six-day follow up: an observational study

In this article they are talking about the chinese study conducted on 30 patients

80 rather young patients (median age 52 years) were treated in Marseille for 6 to 10 days, between March 3 and March 21, 2020;

all patients were treated with hydroxychloroquine (3 x 200 mg daily) + the antibiotic azithromycin;

58% had comorbidity (hypertension, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, etc.) identified as a risk factor for Covid-19;

no significant treatment-related adverse events were noted (a single interruption).

At the end of the study:

65 of the 80 patients (81%) developed favorably and were discharged from hospital very quickly, on average after 4.6 days;

13 of 80 patients (16%) were still in intensive care at 10 days or more;

1 patient (86 years old) died in infectious disease without going through intensive care;

93% of patients had an undetectable viral load after 8 days.

The decrease in viral load results from several indistinguishable factors, including natural healing of patients, the inherent effect of chloroquine and azithromycin, or a combination of the two.

Edited by FrFan

Another one of my Trumpsters FB friends; asked the question, “Do you know anyone Who has the virus?”

He feels it’s being overblown because he doesn’t know anyone who has it.

Actually, despite his misguided opinion; he did have a good question.

So, I ask; Do you anyone who either has been exposed or has the virus?

For me:  I am friends with one my dad’s patients and he still waiting for his test results. If is positive, then he exposed my dad and my dad will have exposed my mom and niece; if he caught it.  My sister says some if her patients have it, so she’s been exposed. She is staying at her condo, while she’s off; to avoid exposing me, if she got it.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Another one of my Trumpsters FB friends; asked the question, “Do you know anyone Who has the virus?”

He feels it’s being overblown because he doesn’t know anyone who has it.

Actually, despite his misguided opinion; he did have a good question.

So, I ask; Do you anyone who either has been exposed or has the virus?

For me:  I am friends with one my dad’s patients and he still waiting for his test results. If is positive, then he exposed my dad and my dad will have exposed my mom and niece; if he caught it.  My sister says some if her patients have it, so she’s been exposed. She is staying at her condo, while she’s off; to avoid exposing me, if she got it.

The problem with this question from your friend is that there are not enough tests to really know. Without tests to verify, there is no real way to know. It's not by accident. What I do know are a dozen or more people that I am friends with or work with or both that were quarantined for 2 weeks because they had symptoms but were not tested because they are only testing those with the most acute symptoms. The reason stated every time was they are "saving" the test for only those with very acute symptoms. Everyone of those people were sick. But we will never know if they had the virus because they were not tested.

Still, I just saw the US has still surpassed all other countries with the most confirmed cases of the virus with more than 100,000, despite all the administrations efforts to suppress the real numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2