Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it would be nice if we could tone down the ‘death wishing’ in this thread. I know most is done sarcastically, but it’s starting to creep me out.

This thing is getting ready to knock on doors in all of our neighborhoods. We can get back to our normal disagreements at a later date. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Do we not have a stimulus package thread?

I had a question if anyone knows. 

2018 Federal: I owed money

2018: State: I got refund

For federal they took money directly from my bank account.

For state, I got my refund deposited directly.

My paperwork has the federal listed as “direct debit” since they took money out.

I assume in this case they will just use that bank account information for this $1,200 check?

24 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it would be nice if we could tone down the ‘death wishing’ in this thread. I know most is done sarcastically, but it’s starting to creep me out.

This thing is getting ready to knock on doors in all of our neighborhoods. We can get back to our normal disagreements at a later date. 

Another Roundup of Positive Updates on the COVID Outbreaks From Around the World

Nobel Prize Winner Who Correctly Predicted COVID-19 Trends Says ‘We’re Going To Be Fine’

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

You guys realize we’re on pace for between 1.5-2.5m confirmed cases two weeks from now? And the low end of that number is IF what we’ve done with social distancing has significantly slowed the spread of the virus. 

And there are states and cities that still ****ing refuse.

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/27/coronavirus-serum-plasma-treatment/

An old idea for fighting infections — an approach most physicians know about only from medical lore — is being revived as people wait for drugs and vaccines to thwart the novel coronavirus. If it works, the blood plasma of people who have recovered from covid-19 would be used to protect health-care workers and help sick people get well.

The possible therapy is based on a medical concept called “passive immunity.” People who recover from an infection develop antibodies that circulate in the blood and can neutralize the pathogen. Infusions of plasma — the clear liquid that remains when blood cells are removed — may increase people’s disease-fighting response to the virus, giving their immune systems an important boost. The approach has been used against polio, measles, mumps and flu.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

You guys realize we’re on pace for between 1.5-2.5m confirmed cases two weeks from now? And the low end of that number is IF what we’ve done with social distancing has significantly slowed the spread of the virus. 

We’ve seen social distancing enacted and followed upon in a lot of coastal areas but the numbers coming from the South and Middle are not encouraging. 

I’m very concerned about the current state of affairs in a lot of Trumpy states. Numbers are rising faster than anywhere else in the country and surveys keep indicating the majority of Republicans are not social distancing or restricting social behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

We’ve seen social distancing enacted and followed upon in a lot of coastal areas but the numbers coming from the South and Middle are not encouraging. 

I’m very concerned about the current state of affairs in a lot of Trumpy states. Numbers are rising faster than anywhere else in the country and surveys keep indicating the majority of Republicans are not social distancing or restricting social behavior. 

And then they will suffer the consequences.

I still get don't the hangup over the death total being nowhere near the annual flu death totals.  Unless we have corona deaths equal or outpace the annual deaths from the flu; they will  say it's nothing.  There's reason why we are doing this. to stop the spread and prevent the death number from actually reaching that high.

Also, one of my FB Trumpy friends keeps posting, the people who survived coronavirus.  Complaining the media doesn't focus on that.  It was over 100,000.  Dip****, if they survived; then that means they had it.  They also could've possibly spread it to others.  If these Trumpsters get the virus, they will have no sympathy.  If they meet the ultimate fate, resulting in death; tough luck. That's just the luck of the draw.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really can’t believe this asshole is the president 

That vain, incompetent piece of **** is the least qualified person possible to lead a large nation through something like this.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 3