Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Eminent Domain.  If not now, then when?

They'd have to pay FMV and don't want to do that.

The place needs work to make it usable.

Of course the developer could donate the use of it outright in a national emergency, but when do you ever see the greedites do that? Short-sighted, let them use it for free in a time when it ain't gonna sell to anyone, it gets upgraded at someone elses expense, yadda yadda yadda....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is Bernie-math.  It supposes that all government revenue is drawn from personal income taxes.

I assure you that’s not the case.  

This is spin.  It assumes that government revenue (and deficit spending) doesn't come from the people.  

I assume you that's not the case.  

2 minutes ago, twa said:

I hear those masks the unions found will cost 5 bucks apiece?

factcheck?

There seem to be a variety of different masks that fall under the “n95” umbrella. Industrial use ones can be pricey.  I paid $7.50/ea at my hardware store for a 1ct package. Looking at Home Depot, some of the similar ones are close to that price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Profits over people. Capitalism without countervailing power is IMO why we have been in steady decline for 4 decades now.  Canada is giving 2K to folks impacted and they do not have to worry about having the ability to pay for medical care. We should be embarrassed. Our priority is protecting Corporate America and billionaires.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Worse than 9/11 because the 9/11 victims were all dead?

“9/11 was nothing compared to this,” he added. “We were open waiting for patients to come who never came, OK? Now they just keep coming.”

This was a thought you could've kept to yourself.  

Please stop trying to have an answer for everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This was a thought you could've kept to yourself.  

Please stop trying to have an answer for everything.

why? That’s what the quote from the article said, that this is worse than 9-11 because they had more patients during this outbreak. 

9/11 was nothing compared to this,” he added. “We were open waiting for patients to come who never came, OK? Now they just keep coming.”

why didn’t any patients come during 9/11? 

I think the article is misleading and disgusting....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

why? That’s what it said in the article, that this is worse than 9-11 because they had more patients during this outbreak. 

I think the article is misleading and disgusting....

I think I lived in DC when 9/11 happen and know not all the victims died.

Please stop.  I don't care what the article said, your comment on it was disgusting.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

They'd have to pay FMV and don't want to do that.

The place needs work to make it usable.

Of course the developer could donate the use of it outright in a national emergency, but when do you ever see the greedites do that? Short-sighted, let them use it for free in a time when it ain't gonna sell to anyone, it gets upgraded at someone elses expense, yadda yadda yadda....

But if it needs work, the value would be that much less right?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:
story about a Philly hospital

The tweet isn't quite right.  Hahnemann's has been shut down for a while, and I think they guy that owns it has owned it for a while.  It went bankrupt and in general was having issues for decades (went through multiple transformations, none of them worked).

The tweet makes it sound like he bought a functional hospital, closed it, and is charging more to treat Covid-19.  It was an empty hospital.   At this point in time, it is essentially an empty building with lots of room.  Not too much different than if there was an empty hotel and the city couldn't come to an agreement with the owner about keeping Covid-19 patients in it.  (I guess there might be still some equipment in the building that would be useful, but I doubt it.  I suspect that all of the useful equipment was sold off in bankruptcy auctions a while ago.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

let them use it for free in a time when it ain't gonna sell to anyone, it gets upgraded at someone elses expense, yadda yadda yadda....

I'm pretty sure the plan has been to tear it down and build a new/bigger office building.  I don't think there's any interest in seeing it stay a hospital.  It has failed multiple times under different managements, and while it has been closed, the other hospital systems in the area have just been expanding.  There's almost no way anybody is going to buy it and use it as a hospital building no matter what you do to it.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If you are going to comment on what I said about the article, read the article. I’m telling you what the article said. 

I did read it, and you're too busy trying to defend yourself to realizing im calling you out for your comment that wasn't in the article.

Worse than 9/11 because the 9/11 victims were all dead?

I even bolded it for you when I quoted you so you can see that's what struck a nerve with me.  

Forget I said anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is Bernie-math.  It supposes that all government revenue is drawn from personal income taxes.

I assure you that’s not the case.  

I busted out the calculator.  Wasn't the stimulus bill 2 trillion?  We have around 325 mil people in our nation, the vast majority of which would be citizens.  Unless I'm off on that, that comes out to around 6k per person.  

I am skeptical that 300% of the stimulus was set aside for corporate bonuses. That % seems a bit high.

Edited by Nerm