Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Is there any reason to believe the new CDC mask guidelines tweet?  Seems like a huge change and the guy gave no source.

I saw something else on it earlier from what seemed like a credible news source. Needs to happen though. We can be back in business by mid summer with three “easy” steps: 

1. through aggressive enforcement of social distancing, contain the current outbreak

2. drastically ramp up testing and contact tracing, restart #1 in specific locations when we’re starting to lose containment. 

3. essential businesses need to mandate everyone wears masks to shop. Employees need to be wearing masks for their entire shifts. 

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is there any reason to believe the new CDC mask guidelines tweet?  Seems like a huge change and the guy gave no source.

Yeah, and haven't they been saying over and over to NOT get masks because of the already huge shortages for medical personnel unless you're sick yourself?

Besides you can't even get them. There are some you can order on Amazon from overseas but they won't arrive until the end of April anyway, if you're lucky. More likely would be mid-May.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I saw something else on it earlier from what seemed like a credible news source. Needs to happen though. We can be back in business by mid summer with three “easy” steps: 

1. through aggressive enforcement of social distancing, contain the current outbreak

2. drastically ramp up testing and contact tracing, restart #1 in specific locations when we’re starting to lose containment. 

3. essential businesses need to mandate everyone wears masks to shop. Employees need to be wearing masks for their entire shifts. 

We don't have any masks here, at least not the official ones.  My dad might have some old ones for wood working or something.  I know some ladies in the community here are sewing some.

Edited by visionary

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I have absolutely no idea how effective these are, but I placed an order for the reusable mask on this website earlier today. 

https://www.filtersfast.com/mobile/P-3M-8210-Plus-Particulate-Respirator-Filter.asp

For you and me probably no more than a $1 surgical mask. The N95 respirator masks have to be fitted to work correctly from what I've read. 

Edited by mistertim

13 minutes ago, visionary said:

We don't have any masks here, at least not the official ones.  My dad might have some old ones for wood working or something.  I know some ladies in the community here are sewing some.

People who aren’t in healthcare don’t need n95 masks. Just any old mask will help contain virus-laden droplets from people’s mouths and noses. 

Twitter spox confirms to me that both @RudyGiuliani and @charliekirk11’s accounts were “temporarily locked for violating the Twitter Rules regarding COVID-19 misinformation.”

When do we get the one week temp ban for Donald Trump?  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

People who aren’t in healthcare don’t need n95 masks. Just any old mask will help contain virus-laden droplets from people’s mouths and noses. 

Yeah and IIRC the CDC, etc have been practically begging people to not try and get n95 masks because the healthcare people need them so much and supplies are so low.

That being said it's basically impossible to get either right now. On Amazon you can order regular disposable ones and they won't get here till May.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I have absolutely no idea how effective these are, but I placed an order for the reusable mask on this website earlier today. 

https://www.filtersfast.com/mobile/P-3M-8210-Plus-Particulate-Respirator-Filter.asp

This is the type I've been using....gotten comments but I don't give a ****, told one a-hole "I'll wear this to your funeral"

3M 3M Half Mask Respirator, Respirator Connection Type: Fixed ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Sadly most sites selling them right now are scam as those being sold are useless. The only worth it are being taken by governments.

for now i will have to stick with the same facial covering i wore to the clinics most days even before this

it's not very proficient as a barrier but it's doing a great job with the social distancing aspect

j mask.jpg

• Haha 11