Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

I think I choose Josh Gordon/Dez Bryant over Mohamed Sanu......

Gordon is destined for SEA it seems, he’s staying in that area training until he’s eligible to return to the league and SEA likes him. 

Dez must look washed in workouts bc he’s had chances to show teams what he’s got and hasn’t signed. Not surprising  since he had already slowed down and become riddled with minor injuries before the big injury with the Saints last training camp.

Tyler Johnson getting cut would be incredible for us because he’d pass through waivers, and the Bengals are arguably stacked and set at WR with their guys already so we’d get first swing.

I bet he ends up on IR though at worst. 

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m confused why making up a scenario that makes more sense to you is the answer here when we pretty much know what happened, from multiple reports and sources that haven’t been disputed. 

Do you have an explanation as to why they 1. Cut LF after, in your estimation, not actually shopping LF all offseason like they’ve said, and 2. lied about it so that they could cut him and gain no draft pick return...for seemingly no reason? 

It’s irrational. They’d have no reason NOT to try to trade him and no reason to lie about it. They couldn’t get a trade done at all. 

The coaches wanted him gone, but the FO wanted to try to trade him. They failed, and then some of his teammates got sick of him also, so they just waived him with no trade in sight. Nobody thought he was worth the $4M, which was why he wasn’t traded for even a 7th, and he was signed for cheap after waivers processed and nobody claimed that contract. It all makes perfect sense unless you for some reason think Fournette is really good and getting a bad rap. 

All reports say they started shopping Fournette at the draft - at that time the Texans had already traded for Johnson.  If the Jags had shopped Fournette earlier I have little doubt he'd be a Texan.

47 minutes ago, nonniey said:

All reports say they started shopping Fournette at the draft - at that time the Texans had already traded for Johnson.  If the Jags had shopped Fournette earlier I have little doubt he'd be a Texan.

So in your estimation the Jags are a rebuilding organization that would want to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy like Hopkins? Doubt it. That’s an early 2nd, the Cardinals hope their pick is late and already have a franchise QB in place. I doubt the Texans specifically cared about getting a vet RB as much as the combo of that vet + at least a 2nd round pick for their stud WR. O’Brien is a joke but even he isn’t bad enough to go for less than that. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So in your estimation the Jags are a rebuilding organization that would want to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy like Hopkins? Doubt it. That’s an early 2nd, the Cardinals hope their pick is late and already have a franchise QB in place. I doubt the Texans specifically cared about getting a vet RB as much as the combo of that vet + at least a 2nd round pick for their stud WR. O’Brien is a joke but even he isn’t bad enough to go for less than that. 

I know there was only a little chatter but Fournette to Packers pre-draft made the most sense. They could have had him for a 4th, drafted a WR in the 2nd instead of Dillon and been much more well-rounded.

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I know there was only a little chatter but Fournette to Packers pre-draft made the most sense. They could have had him for a 4th, drafted a WR in the 2nd instead of Dillon and been much more well-rounded.

Agreed, their draft was puzzling but he would have made a nice compliment to Jones in that backfield and they could have used the 2nd to help Rodgers. But then they should have done the same thing with the 1st, imo.

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Tyler Johnson getting cut would be incredible for us because he’d pass through waivers, and the Bengals are arguably stacked and set at WR with their guys already so we’d get first swing.

I bet he ends up on IR though at worst. 

If the Bucs cut him, it would be bc they want to part ways with him entirely instead of just placing him on IR themselves.  I'd be shocked if that happened considering the hype he had during draft season, and the little chance he got to prove himself this offseason.

But if the Bucs do cut him, I hope the skins pounce, even if he doesn't contribute at all in 2020.

12 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Didn’t the Pats trade a 2nd round pick for Sanu last year?

And now they decide they don’t want to honor his contract of 6.5m in 2020.

Get him in.

Sanu has lost speed - his production his last year in Atlanta and while he was at NE (such as that was) was all short routes, quick outs/drags etc. He was targeted twice last season on routes over 15 yards depth. He is a slot guy who can help a team in need of a reliable inside receiver. We need someone who can start outside opposite Terry - that's not Sanu.

He would be great depth and a veteran presence in the wide receiver room but I don't see how he gets on the active gameday roster and gets snaps unless Simms gets hurt.

I absolutely think we should scanning the waiver wire for WR help - I don't think Sanu is that guy.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't even think Fournette is better than a 35 year old Peterson. Peterson breaks more tackles and has much better vision, he's also about the same speed, maybe a tad slower. Fournette doesn't have the mindset you want in an NFL RB and is basically where he is because he has rare speed for his size. To me, he's the offensive version of Clowney. 

LF was top 6 in ypc after contact, but 35th in yards before contact, according to the one & only Mina Kimes.

Archived