Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS NAME JACK DEL RIO AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

TK

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Manusky was so critical in securing that #2 tho.  I’ll always hold him in high regard for that.

Yup, he does deserve credit for that. Otherwise he was worse than Barry.  Never seen more confused players or a more vanilla scheme in my life on an NFL team.   

3 hours ago, ShoutyBearHead said:

I'll get excited when we have a proper GM and not an ass-kissing clown.

1 hour ago, ShoutyBearHead said:

Ok, welcome Jack, I hope you do well, and we still don't have a proper GM.

You expected to have a GM in the hour between your two posts? 

This Hire is really exciting. Rivera is smart and is showing he’ll surround himself with people he trusts that are willing to challenge him to bring it. This is a package deal basically and a coup for Ron and thereby the Redskins. Del Rio is more than competent, commands respect, and will get the best outta his players.  We should see a drastic improvement. I trust this bunch defensively. Super stoked on this move.

Hiring Rivera was one thing, but his first move is bringing in JDR? That's sending a message, not only to the players (which it is) but to the wider organization, the media and the fans. Tough guys, passionate guys, honest guys that are gonna tell you what they think especially when its something you dont want to hear it, how is this not a 180 from what we've had for years? I love the RR hire, but bringing in Del Rio as a first move just makes me giddy. I don't know if I'll ever see another Lombardi in my lifetime but I feel pretty damn sure we are not going to feel embarrassed to be seen in Skins gear now, this **** is gettin serious now.

20 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm a total 3 yard cloud of dust defense loving fan. I'll go for a beer during  the offense. I'm kinda Callahanish in that regards. 

I love watching the defense. Agressive, run shooting attacking, downhill defense. 

And now our HC and DC are both proven former LBers from the 85 Bears tree, with great past rankings. 

I could not be more excited. This is Gibbs II and Marty, but better.

HTTR

I am the same, which is why this team has been so infuriating to me these past few years!

At the very least I can finally look forward to us playing solid defense for a little while. 

I am just go glad Manusky and that base 3-4 is gone. I hated it the minute Shanahan switched it,  for really no reason other then so satisfy his own ego.  Why in the hell would you ever have your best pass rush guys drop back, be in space and cover backs and TE's? I just never ever understood that. Like seriously why would you do that?  … ask guys to do something they're not good at doing? Are you trying to lose? Apparently so. 

3 hours ago, Alexa said:

I am just go glad Manusky and that base 3-4 is gone. I hated it the minute Shanahan switched it,  for really no reason other then so satisfy his own ego.  Why in the hell would you ever have your best pass rush guys drop back, be in space and cover backs and TE's? I just never ever understood that. Like seriously why would you do that?  … ask guys to do something they're not good at doing? Are you trying to lose? Apparently so. 

When run properly with the right personnel, the 3-4 is an absolutely fantastic defense.  

We never had anybody competent to run it or the personnel to run it.  

Our personnel fits the 4-3 better so I’m glad we’re moving to a scheme which fits the personnel.  

This shouldn't be shocking, but we haven’t done this in 10 years. 

I and others am sure feel somewhat vindicated.

I hated our 3-4 from the start and made sure to post about it once a year.

We can finally fully give up on finding the next Ngata. Truth be told we gave up when Bruce decided to just roll tide instead. And after Rodgers had our nose gassed in our playoff game.

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just wish Jack spoke at the conference.

I would very much like to hear anything he has to say.

That would really pump up the fan base, to hear him talk about how fast and aggressive we will be.

But I didn't hear Jack.

I guess I don't know Jack

Every coordinator says they will play fast, aggressive, downhill etc. These are just buzzwords. Munusky would have said the same. 

59 minutes ago, dyst said:

Every coordinator says they will play fast, aggressive, downhill etc. These are just buzzwords. Munusky would have said the same. 

Iirc a lot of Manuskys words were basically punch-in-the-face-isms.

Instead, they got punched in the face, while we as fans routinely got punched in the penis, watching them play something resembling tag in kindergarten. 

I posted this elsewhere but belong better here

Just listened to an ESPN reporter who covered Del Rio talk about him on Keim's podcast.

Cliff notes:

A.  He likes him overall as a coordinator, he thinks he's good

B.  If there was a complaint about him was that he wasn't aggressive

C.  likes to use his D tackles to clog the middle and 2 gap

D.  Was good for Von Miller, moved him around the D line to take advantage of mishaps

E.  Doesn't blitz a lot, prefers 4 man rushes

F.  He likes to have his corners play man

G.  He has the reputation of being stuck on his ways but the reporter thinks that description is unfair -- says he's adaptable but he just doesn't talk about his scheme in that way 

H.  He thinks being away from the game and covering it in recent years will give him a fresh perspective and make him even better

I'm on record as wanted G.Williams.   

A great Defense with an adequate offense has a strong chance to make it deep every year.

However, JDR as a D-Coordinator only is very legitimate.   We are batting 1000 this off-season and nothing is frothy about it.

Looking forward to the rest of 2020 folks.

I love that Dan is bringing in guys who are respected and thought of as "football men." It's been leaked a lot recently that people with inside info have said too many football decisions were being made by non-football people. Looks like that's about to change, and that is the way they will affect a real culture change in DC.  Also, Rivera and Del Rio are both guys who don't really need this job, and therefore don't have to be yes men for Dan. They can tell him things he might not want to hear, and if that causes the relationship to fracture, both of these guys could get work in other places. 

Archived