Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

Just now, zskins said:

Great. Run. Do something. Don't just stand there. To me Haskins has really slow reflexes. 

The missed block was 4 feet in front of him while he was looking down field.

There's plenty to criticize Haskins on, but that play wasn't one of them.

Just now, TommyWilson said:

Anyone else notice they didn't reset the clock to :22 after the penalty?  Sloppy 

it's not a dead ball foul.  We still ran a play.  The penalty does not blow the play dead.  When there is an offsides, and the penalty is enforced after Rodgers takes his shot, they dont reset the clock... if im remembering correctly. 

Just now, dc1 said:

The missed block was 4 feet in front of him while he was looking down field.

There's plenty to criticize Haskins on, but that play wasn't one of them.

right, and if he does see it, he has to rely on Thompson to execute the block.  CT was there, it was his assignment.  Haskins has to trust his teammates. 

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean it seemed pretty clear that the CB was holding Harmon's back arm down.  I agree he could flail his arms around and turn to the official to lobby for the flag, but last I checked you can't impede the WR from attempting to catch the ball yet the corner did just that.

You're not supposed to impede, but it won Seattle a SB.

13 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He was only a middle first-round pick. Give him time to get up to “Ok NFL Starter” status... 😂

I know you're trying to be funny but almost no first rounder comes out and plays great, in fact I can't think of any.  Josh Allen, Darnold, Tannehill,  Lamar Jackson, the list goes on and on and on.  Even Peyton Manning went 3-13 his first year with very mediocre numbers, and he's an all time great.  So yeah take your little emoji away and you're absolutely correct 

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

This has the making of a terrible scenario...

Haskins' ankle flares up at halftime, Case comes in and lights it up.

Dude what team have you been watching? Case is gonna light it up? I’m more likely to grow antlers than that.

for the record if I grow antlers I’ll send you a pic.

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

nothing concrete yet, he's up and walking on the sidelines with no helmet, questionable to return.  

Hopefully he just took a shot to the part of the leg that's much like the funny bone in your arm. Don't know the technical name, but I've been nailed there a few times playing football. Either way, I'd play on the side of caution with him seeing  that the season is pretty much a wrap and its probably playing a mental game on him right now.

15 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

it's not a dead ball foul.  We still ran a play.  The penalty does not blow the play dead.  When there is an offsides, and the penalty is enforced after Rodgers takes his shot, they dont reset the clock... if im remembering correctly. 

The penalty was before the snap?  Not sure why that wouldn't be a dead ball foul.  Just because they let Haskins take a hit doesn't mean that play actually "happened" right?

I've barely ever seen that penalty so I honestly don't know but it seems silly to run time off the clock for a play that doesn't exist in the score sheet

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Odds on us having a front office capable of drafting a good QB next year?

I’m going 500/1

I might be in the minority, but I would really like to see Haskins with a legitimate NFL coaching staff who actually wants to develop him. Gruden had no use for Haskins, and that's not a cut on Jay, he was rolling with Colt if he could, Case if he couldn't, because he didn't have the time to develop a rookie QB.  

I'm not entirely sure Callahan, KO, whoever the QB coach is who has never coached in the NFL are the right people to try and develop Haskins.

I'd like to see a legitimately good coaching staff with a solid plan before passing judgement on Haskins.

He is in the absolute worst situation you can put a rookie QB in.  The first HC ignores him, gets fired, the second HC is better for his development, but not great.  His skill position players are "meh" and the organization is in total turmoil with fans revolting against the FO, the best player slamming Bruce in the newspaper, the list goes on and on.

So, before we cast him aside, which might be necessary next year, I'd like to try and fix some of the crap around him and see what he can do in a better situation.  

Just now, joeken24 said:

Hopefully he just took a shot to the part of the leg that's much like the funny bone in your arm. Don't know the technical name, but I've been nailed there a few times playing football.

It didnt look good.  Helmet to the side of the knee and the leg kind of whipped around.  He instantly grabbed it after he hit the ground.  Fingers crossed he's ok and they just dont want to even risk more damage. 

Archived