Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

O'Connell is simply not the wonder boy everyone thinks he is.  You look at the way other coordinators use the short passing game, even for vets, and then look at the kind of offense the call for Haskins.  Just bad.

I disagree. There’s no way Callahan is giving him free reign. This is Callahan’s offense not Kevin’s. He determines what they do and what they run. At any given time during the game he can turn to the play caller and tell him what type of play he wants.

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Flacco was actually playing in the games the last part of the season? I thought he was on IR or something once Jackson was named the starter. 

Not after week 11, but he was in and out of the game all season, I.e. He had chances to get used to the speed of the game and be eased into his starting role.  And again, even after his ascendancy to starter he was basically a running back that could also throw sometimes.  His passing numbers weren't anything special at all, the special thing about his first year was his Vick-like running ability.. And one class of QB that does typically do better in their rookie year are running QBs, just ask RG3....

And of course this year he's a monster the likes of which has never been seen, but that's not really the point 

But anyway, I think my point still stands, even QBs with a lot more pedigree and college experience struggle in their first year, and few of them have to play on a team as bad as the Redskins, not only our lack of weapons and blocking but also piss-poor playcalling, it's a recipe for disaster.

I should emphasize that I'm very much in wait and see mode with Haskins, I definitely hoped he'd be further along in his development, 

Archived