Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Burgers (Burgery Goodness,The Sequel)

Spaceman Spiff

15 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Whataburger was like a glorified Burger King to me....In N Out is good, but you have to get it animal style for it to be the best fast food burger. Shake Shack is probably the best east coast fast food burger, which pains me to say because I used to love the original Five Guys in Arlington

I agree about animal style.  To me animal style is what makes In & Out........In & Out.  Without the grilled onions, pickles, extra sauce it doesn't have the same appeal.  After the first time I ordered it animal style I never went back to standard.

• Like 1

I completely agree about In & Out being overrated.  They are good fast food burgers.  Aside from that, they don't compete with high end burger restaurants.  Not even in the same category.  When people out here say In & Out has the best burgers, I shake my head and attribute it to local bias.  I assume they are just poor and can't afford better burgers.  Call it a stereotype or whatever.

When I want a burger I'll go to an established restaurant and order whatever they got loaded with avocado, bacon, mushrooms, etc.  I have no problem spending $17-$22 on a great burger.  Paul Martin's out here does a good one.

Call me insane, but I still prefer Five Guys over everything mentioned in this thread.

I've tried them all, except the small independent joints. In terms of the major chains, I just like that fat, greasy, juicy patties that Five Guys has. Makes me feel like i'm actually eating a burger the way it's designed to taste.

Edited by Rogue Jedi

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Call me insane, but I still prefer Five Guys over everything mentioned in this thread.

I've tried them all, except the small independent joints. In terms of the major chains, I just like that fat, greasy, juicy patties that Five Guys has. Makes me feel like i'm actually eating a burger the way it's designed to taste.

Five Guys has a damn good burger. Fries really set it apart too.

My theory about Five Guys is that the bun really makes the burger. The other day I had a Five Guys bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich at an airport and that reinforced it for me. The bun is a really key factor in any burger and Five Guys has one of the best. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you want to spend $25 on a burger, you could do a whole lot worse than the Mortons burger on the bar menu.

*extends pinky*

The 'Prime Burger' at Fleming's during Happy Hour is a steal at $10

Oh...and the soggy, greasy fries at 5 Guys is way at the bottom of the list for me

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Best I’ve had recently is Jack Brown’s.  They do a great “purists” burger...1/6 lb smashed twin patties, American cheese, grilled onions, potato roll...can’t go wrong.

I have to say, I'm a burger purist guy.  Not much of a fan of weird toppings and such.  At best, I'll play around with the cheese or sauce, but not by much.  Like, instead of American cheese and ketchup, I might go cheddar or provolone and honey mustard or some type mayo burger sauce.  Nothing crazy.  lol  Even then, I gotta REALLY be in the mood.  I got my burger comfort zone.

6 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Five Guys has a damn good burger. Fries really set it apart too.

My theory about Five Guys is that the bun really makes the burger. The other day I had a Five Guys bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich at an airport and that reinforced it for me. The bun is a really key factor in any burger and Five Guys has one of the best. 

I'm a big Five Guys fan.  I tried the grilled cheese burger of the secret menu recently.  The idea was better than the execution, but it was still good regardless. 

20 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Went to Sunshine a couple weeks ago, have been craving it ever since.  Thinking about making a pilgrimage on Black Friday.

All the other burger threads I've found on here have been archived.  So let's talk about the best burgers here.

This really is the best burger I've ever had.  If you consider yourself a burger aficionado you really do need to make the pilgrimage to Sunshine General Store.  I have some friends that tell me that Ruth Chris has a killer burger on their lunch menu.  I've yet to try it.  

3 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

This really is the best burger I've ever had.  If you consider yourself a burger aficionado you really do need to make the pilgrimage to Sunshine General Store.  I have some friends that tell me that Ruth Chris has a killer burger on their lunch menu.  I've yet to try it.  

I'm not sure if it's the best I've ever had but it's a burger I love and crave.

The only drawback about Sunshine General Store is that they don't make fries.  

38 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

On a whim when I was out near Chantilly, I stopped at a place called "The Burger Shack." I'd noticed it many times driving along Route 50 out there because it's in what looks like an old log cabin. 

Pretty darn good burger there.

That place used to be a Quiznos.  I'm gonna hit it up if I ever drive past.