Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Burgers (Burgery Goodness,The Sequel)

Spaceman Spiff

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jealous.  Jealous, jealous, jealous.

I enjoyed it.  I was hungry, ended up having a spicy chicken sandwich, a ShackBurger, bacon cheese fries, and a hand spun custard shake.  Chicken was super tender and juicy, topped with applewood smoked bacon and Monterey Jack cheese.  The sauce was perhaps a touch too hot, felt it overwhelmed the sandwich, and the sandwich could have been a bit bigger.  I should have got one of their specialty burgers, but felt like a regular burger.  The sauce on that burger was actually really good.  Loved the price too, I think it was seven bucks even.  The fries were just crispy enough and I liked the cheese they used.  The shake was surprisingly the most average out of the whole meal.  It was cool, I just expected more at a place with shake in their name.  I would go back.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

T-Rays Burger Station in Fernandina Beach, FL.  A local legend that’s been slinging em from an old gas station for 30 years.  Huge flavortown energy.  The quintessential American diner burger and easily one of the very best I’ve ever had.  Steak fries were on point too.  Highest recommendation!  It really doesn’t get better than this.

C06BA845-E564-4CFE-9D6B-9B4265BEEB63.jpeg

8CE5BB48-C8BF-43D8-BF84-A750D50AEFB3.jpeg

15493237-2584-49BE-B6F2-9CADCBF3FD59.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All roads lead to Flavortown…presenting the legend of Bristol, VA…The Burger Bar!  Super solid old-school cheeseburger, slapping chili cheese fries and extra fizzy fountain coke.  MURICA!  It’s not the top of the heap, but it’s a firm 7.5/10 and a mandatory visit when you’re ever in Bristol.

CD35D087-0D2A-479A-B8FD-18FFBB697F05.jpeg

17783B77-7AF6-4EAA-AD9F-4FD9D6A85339.jpeg

59D1E6B7-7C87-4ED0-B7A6-3C1DB1EBE0BC.jpeg

5830647B-05B6-4F17-83BE-E91188C2785F.jpeg

6A2EA5B7-8B12-4549-B466-9529982EBB66.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not sure if you guys have seen the latest Instagram reels floating around but there's a trend of taking Ore Ida fries and cheese and putting it in a waffle press to create a bun for a burger, but I plan on ****ing around with that soon.  Will keep you posted.

I wonder if that will work with my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Waffle iron. Although it only makes 1 large NYC Sewer Cap waffle so I might have to make more of a gyro with it.

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, TradeTheBeal! said:

New information has come to light!

2DEB4F1D-A9F6-4185-A4C8-D4C076353DE8.jpeg

Any "burger" that has truffles or confit anywhere near it should have it's bun and other fixins' unceremoniously stripped away. Man, that ain't no burger!🥺

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

All roads lead to Flavortown…presenting the legend of Bristol, VA…The Burger Bar!  Super solid old-school cheeseburger, slapping chili cheese fries and extra fizzy fountain coke.  MURICA!  It’s not the top of the heap, but it’s a firm 7.5/10 and a mandatory visit when you’re ever in Bristol.

CD35D087-0D2A-479A-B8FD-18FFBB697F05.jpeg

It's good to see that the Bob's Big Boy dude still has a job.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've been to this place.  Awesome bbq and famous, their sauces are on grocery shelves.  Now I'm gonna have to try the brisket burger. 

https://www.wsbtv.com/entertainment/things-2-do/unusual-atlanta-restaurant-is-home-best-burger-america/DH2EZU4B6FDBTJOZNDAQVWOPCM/

I saw that too. Fox Bros. are legit. Probably the best BBQ in the ATL. The only problem is it’s likely to be a burger I never try. Every time I’ve considered it, the brisket, pulled pork, or ribs pull me away. 

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I saw that too. Fox Bros. are legit. Probably the best BBQ in the ATL. The only problem is it’s likely to be a burger I never try. Every time I’ve considered it, the brisket, pulled pork, or ribs pull me away. 

There's a place near me called Ford's...I swear, best brisket I've ever had.  Their side items are amazing too, I usually end up bringing one or two home...closer than Fox Bros and parking is a lot easier.  ;)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Behold!  Reykjavik’s hottest new joint, Yuzu Burger.  The Smash/Craft burger renaissance has arrived in the Arctic Circle!  Highest quality ingredients, as per Iceland stringent food regulation, and a very compelling Asian-influenced flavor profile are an appealing combination.  BUT…if you live on the East coast, you’ve probably had a version of this you like better and the French fry/aioli situation is a SALT BOMB.  It’s just too much for us 50somethings.

So, 7/10.  Very much a kick-ass burger, but temper expectations.

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

• Thumb up 1