Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Burgers (Burgery Goodness,The Sequel)

Spaceman Spiff

Milwaukee has this joint called Sobelmans,  has a signature burger with jalapeños.

Sobelman%E2%80%99s-Pub-Grill-burger-feat

And if your into chicken, you can get a side of Bloody Mary with it.

c5da5061862bede6689e9c595129e489.jpg

(Five Guys is the best)

Edited by Yohan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I like In N Out but can understand how it gets all hyped up as God's greatest creation to those back East and then those folks might be disappointed when they finally have it.

Where InO destroys Five Guys is in value. You can still get a InO double double, fries, and drink for $7 plus tax (I think). That same meal at 5G is probably going to set you back close to $15. 

Old Line in Beltsville is my go to. The place used to be a Circuit City and now it’s a massive Beer-Wine-Booze store with a little restaurant in the back.

Delicious burgers and fries (regular, truffle, sweet potato) etc. and they plop down on the table a bootleg mambo sauce and a jalapeño mayo sauce. 

• 2 years later...

A New Take on the Big Mac (May Be) Headed to U.S. McDonald's Menus

This is very different than the Big Mac you know and love.

When it comes to the most iconic sandwiches in the history of fast food, there are a few that always come to mind.

Usually, though, most people would name McDonald's  (MCD) - Get McDonald's Corporation Report Big Mac first. Created in the late '60s by a McDonald's franchise owner in the Pittsburgh area, the sandwich was named The Aristocrat and The Blue Ribbon Burger before it settled on the name it would become legendary for.

Comprised of two all-beef patties, lettuce, pickles, onions, an extra bun in the middle, a special sauce that was similar to Thousand Island dressing, and a slice of American cheese, there was just something about the Big Mac that people went nuts for (which explains why 17 of them are sold every second).

Changing up an iconic burger is risky business for most, although Restaurant Brands International's  (QSR) - Get Restaurant Brands International Inc. Report Burger King is one of the few to do it on the regular with its Whopper. But for more than 50 years, the Big Mac has been more or less the same sandwich.

Until now, that is.

AA10GE35.img?w=620&h=349&m=6

What's This New Big Mac?
If you happen to live in the United Kingdom, you may already be aware of this, but if not, ready your senses: there's a chicken version of the Big Mac.

Originally launched in McDonald's locations in Australia in 2017, the Chicken Big Mac also appeared on U.K. menus for a few years, but was removed in February 2022 due to what McDonald's called "incredible demand" for the sandwich. It also was eventually removed from Australian menus but made a return in January 2022.

Click on the link for the full article

On 11/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, hail2skins said:

I like In N Out but can understand how it gets all hyped up as God's greatest creation to those back East and then those folks might be disappointed when they finally have it.

Where InO destroys Five Guys is in value. You can still get a InO double double, fries, and drink for $7 plus tax (I think). That same meal at 5G is probably going to set you back close to $15. 

I like InO and was happy to discover one here right down the street from me. It's hands down great on both the taste and value meter. I can get a cheeseburger for under $4 and when it's about the only thing I can afford, that's great. I also like Big Macs, and Wendy's cheeseburgers, and Wendy's fries are now better than McDonald's but the price isn't friendly.

• Like 1

Not endorsement of McDonalds, quite the opposite. 

I remember as a teenager 2 double cheeseburgers, dollar fry, and dollar drink came out to $4.20 with tax.

Now, I don't care how much a McDouble is because they always mess up my stomach, so I don't get them anymore.

Mad the decision if I ever go to McDonalds, it would be to get a double quarter pounder with cheese.  But the last one I got...it was like a spong dipped in fry oil.  I threw it out the window and wondered outloud how that could be legal...

I have no choice, I'm cutting off the golden arches entirely now until they get their **** together, because whatever it is they are selling is NOT food.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I have no choice, I'm cutting off the golden arches entirely now until they get their **** together, because whatever it is they are selling is NOT food.

Popular nutrition author Michael Polian calls it an "edible food-like substance."

EAT REAL FOOD.
That sounds pretty simple, but you now know it’s not so easy to do. There
are many things disguised as food in our supermarkets and fast-food
restaurants; I call them “edible food-like substances” (EFLS for short) and
suggest you avoid them. But how do you tell the difference between real
food and EFLS? Here are a few rules of thumb:

A. Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t
recognize as food. Imagine she’s by your side when you’re picking up
something to eat. Does she have any idea what that Go-GURT
portable yogurt tube is or how you’re supposed to eat it? (She might
think it’s toothpaste.)The same goes for that Honey-Nut Cheerios,
cereal bar, the one with the layer of fake milk running through the
middle, or the (even weirder) cereal “straw.”

B. Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients, or with
ingredients you don’t recognize or can’t pronounce. As with the
Twinkie, that long ingredient list means you’re looking at a highly
processed product—an edible food-like substance likely to contain
more sugar, salt, and fat than your body needs, and very few real nutrients.

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your boy Spiff is out here on the streets, trying to figure out new ways to clog his arteries and reporting back to you ****s on what's good.

Today, I made myself two burgers for lunch.  Cooked on a pan in the kitchen as I was too lazy to go out and start up the grill.

I put a little chunk of butter inside both patties that cooked out of them as the burgers heated on the grill. Made a nice pool of buttery grease to soak them in while they were cooking.  Took a little ladle, scooped up the buttery grease and dripped it on top, flipped em, repeated the process.

On the slightly smaller one, I put some Chick Fil A sauce and some cheese.  The bigger one, my tried and true mix of mayo and mustard with cheese.  Tailgate fam, let me tell you, if you haven't put Chick Fil A sauce on a burger, you're ****in up.  Amazing.

The patties definitely had a buttery taste to them, were extremely juicy and magnificent.  Highly recommend.  

The recent discussion of burgers, MJ’s restaurant and McDonald’s got me thinking…

Anyone recall the McJordan?

I believe it was a 1/4 pounder with cheese, no ketchup or mustard, with bbq sauce or something like that.  Back in the good ole days with a Super size order of trans fat fries.

edit: I just looked it up, it also had bacon.  🔥 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome